Page 29 of 750 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129529 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think I read somewhere someone said that they just re-made Taxi Driver and called it Joker.
    It sounds more akin to The King of Comedy.. Like its a lowkey stealth remake even just in Batman clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Phoenix had given the EXACT same performance in a Batman film, I doubt he would have gotten the same degree of shine either. You just don't get that in super hero movies.
    I'd agree. Call the film Batman and the Academy would have been a little more hesitant.

Heath Ledger gave a very good performance as Joker and I'd rate Jordan's performance equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Which is further proof that the Oscars are a joke. Fantastic acting is fantastic acting no matter what movie genre your in, and the fact that Phoenix performance is getting this attention and MBJ isn't simply because ones movie is a comic book film abd a big blockbuster while the other skirts away from it's comic origins is ridiculous
    Yeah, the way they have ignored poc and women as directors and in other categories, the Oscars really have lost credibility.

To paraphrase Public Enemy, "Who gives a fvck about a g-d@mn Oscar!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    It sounds more akin to The King of Comedy.. Like its a lowkey stealth remake even just in Batman clothes.
    Yeah, that was the other movie they were making comparisons to.

Yeah, the way they have ignored poc and women as directors and in other categories, the Oscars really have lost credibility.

To paraphrase Public Enemy, "Who gives a fvck about a g-d@mn Oscar!"
    The Oscars are so ass backwards it's funny people even take thrm seriously anymore. Hell they have been on a decline from viewers and when BP got nominations it was the most viewings it had gotten in years.. that should tell you something

For some of you gamers out there playing Marvel Future Fight on your smartphone just to play as Black Panther here are some extras to make your gaming experience more surreal...

My son bought me a Gamevice a while back which enhances the video game controller like feel...

https://gamevice.com

You can purchase this at an Apple store or order it online and use it for other compatible games as well!

There are however different sizes for iPhone, iPad and Android so choose carefully before you get stuck with something too small or too big for your particular device!

Also because money is no object... You can get a pair of Beats headphones to keep it stealthy for listeners in your vicinity who might get disturbed by your heroic adventures!

Luckily because I was a good boy last year my wife hooked me up with a pair so she can sleep soundly while I save the day and the universe from dastardly evil doers!

Get Hectic!

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Question:

Several marvel heroes have defining storylines that are a must read for the character.

Iron Man has "Demon in a Bottle"
    Daredevil has "Born Again"
    Spiderman has "The Death of Gwen Stacy"

What would people say is the must read definitive storyline for Black Panther?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Question:

Several marvel heroes have defining storylines that are a must read for the character.

Iron Man has "Demon in a Bottle"
    Daredevil has "Born Again"
    Spiderman has "The Death of Gwen Stacy"

What would people say is the must read definitive storyline for Black Panther?
    I'd say "The Client".

I'd say "The Client".
    I'm curious. Why " The Client"?

I'm curious. Why " The Client"?
    It pretty much encapsulates everything that BP is about. He's a genius strategist and the King of a powerful nation who's willing to travel halfway around the world to solve the killing of a little girl. There was also an air of mystery to him that added another level.

BP #19 15,666

BP & AoW #4 10,468

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    BP #19 15,666

BP & AoW #4 10,468
    So....BP went up in sales ( 14,727 for November). Welp....Looks like we will be saying bye to AoW.

Is Coates Panther really what people want and are most of us in this message board out of touch with what comic readers want?

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    BP #19 15,666

BP & AoW #4 10,468
    Got a thousand copy bump, but AoW is on the execution block.

So....BP went up in sales ( 14,727 for November). Welp....Looks like we will be saying bye to AoW.

Is Coates Panther really what people want and are most of us in this message board out of touch with what comic readers want?
    Its probably an end of the year incentive to being able to buy varient covers of something else. I doubt stores found themselves short of copies one month to the next in the middle of a story.

Nevermind, 19 is the first issue of a new chapter. It will be back on the fourteen range in a month or two.
    Last edited by Cville; 01-20-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Got a thousand copy bump, but AoW is on the execution block.
    Man. That sucks. Maybe it's because AoW seems to have no direction really or the lack of other notable Characters on it. But I thought it wouldn't get this low yet