Page 566 of 750 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576616666 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Your mistake is treating the superhero comic book industry as a rational business. Any intelligent company would have found a way to graciously "release Coates from his contact" when BP sales started cratering (because firing him would be bad optics).

Instead, they doubled down and gave him Captain America!
    Yeah, it's likely a good ole boys club, and they can't back down and say they made a mistake, but instead double down and try and hype up how great a writer is despite the shitty treatment of the biggest Black IP and the **** sales. Its interesting thst he is doing the same thing to Cap ad he is BP, it's almost comforting given how he started the run he had Cap coming off like Cap. Hell in his Cross over with BP he portrayed T'Challa better I. Hos Cap run then he did in his own solo..

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'll be blunt. A couple of minis aside, I'm through with comics, and the way the pandemic is going, I don't expect BP2 any time real soon.

The only reason I'm still here is the friends I've made....
    Awww Digi...

That's why I post here, I really only care about comics T'Challa is in, I don't pay much attention to anything else, hell I barely pay attention to mangas and I have been an avid reader of those for 16 years. For Marvel, I ONLY care about T'Challa and to a lesser extent his world, but mainly for T'Challa (hence why I would be done with the MCU if T'Challa is gone) and also seeing friends here talk fanfic and share drawings (whenever I get to them lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So, John Riddley will be making his debut on Marvel comics this january with a Wolverine story, and Marvel said they will be working with him on the future. I was thinking, maybe is Black Panther?

He fits with what Marvel is probably looking for: he is black, famous, have a fan base and won a Oscar. And better than most, he actually have experience writing comics. Plus he will be coming hot from The Other History of the DC Universe and the Batman comic he will do.

I just can't think of another name that would fit the "high profile with a name outside comics" that Marvel is most likely looking to take over BP, maybe just N.K.Nemisin.
    If marvel was smart, they would atleast give RJ a Marvel Knights BP solo to coincide with the BP solo, if they are hell bent on getting a "Celebrity" to write BP. (Or they could go the CM route and get a writer who can successfully write the Character and stabilize sales.. but MK solo would be a close second place to out RJ for me)

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Minus the ears pointing out... That's DOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    If marvel was smart, they would atleast give RJ a Marvel Knights BP solo to coincide with the BP solo, if they are hell bent on getting a "Celebrity" to write BP. (Or they could go the CM route and get a writer who can successfully write the Character and stabilize sales.. but MK solo would be a close second place to out RJ for me)
    Looks like Redjack is getting work at DC on John Stewart Future State and that Vixen mini that’s in the pipeline apparently. Hopefully he’ll do well, it will sell, he’ll get more comic book opportunists at the Big 2 and maybe Marvel will try to recruit him back by offering a BP mini or book down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like Redjack is getting work at DC on John Stewart Future State and that Vixen mini that’s in the pipeline apparently. Hopefully he’ll do well, it will sell, he’ll get more comic book opportunists at the Big 2 and maybe Marvel will try to recruit him back by offering a BP mini or book down the line.
    Dude wrote a critically acclaimed avengers bp quest, marvel should already know his credentials are legit

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Whoa, this is nice! I feel inspired!

I will def be supporting Redjack's work at DC. Marvel, you gotta step it up!

How's John Ridley's work for those who read it? I've only watched 12 years a slave which he wrote or co-wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude wrote a critically acclaimed avengers bp quest, marvel should already know his credentials are legit
    Yeah but you know how it is: “what have you done for me lately?” is the mindset at the Big 2.

Yeah but you know how it is: “what have you done for me lately?” is the mindset at the Big 2.
    Well, we know Redjack has some ideas for BP but it seems Marvel isn't interested in giving him a shot at this time. That's a big loss for then imo.

I posted an unfinished version of this pic earlier:

T'Challa with Spear of Bashenga.

Black Panther with Spear of Bashenga.jpg

Ultimate Member

I can't do anything for you if you don't HIRE me.

How's John Ridley's work for those who read it? I've only watched 12 years a slave which he wrote or co-wrote.
    He did both volumes of American Way at Vertigo. First black hero in the world and later in the 70s.

He also did 3 Kings movie with Clooney & Ice Cube.

I would say he could hold his own on Panther..

I just can't think of another name that would fit the "high profile with a name outside comics" that Marvel is most likely looking to take over BP, maybe just N.K.Nemisin.
    I think in term of bog name it fall down to this-WHO are you going after that will actually BUY the book.

If you wanted to go after school kids and get guaranteed SALES (at least trade wise) and is black-Jason Reynolds. He did Miles's first novel.
    He'll get reviews and shelf space. He is a name a parent and educators won't have that issue of buying the trade because they know who he is.

Or if you REALLY want to think outside the box or buy more time until you get a writer-for ONE year and ONE YEAR ONLY.

Every writer currently doing a book at Marvel would submit a STAND ALONE Black Panther story.

I would have some RULES to prevent fake woke network.

A REQUIRED story would be Black Panther meeting SYNCH. Something Larry Hama's Gen X run hinted on Synch being his fan.

Required story #2-Panther and his cousin from Ms Marvel.

Required story #3-Miles, Ganke & Judge spend a day with Panther and see just how much influence Wakanda has from the worst neighborhood to the Inhumans kingdom.

Since Rayshuan is on the outs with Uncle Sam-Panther designs him a new uniform.

And since his creator is working for Marvel-have Ray Anthony Height's Midnight Tiger meet Black Panther.

And even being MORE ballsy- Black Panther meets some deadlock haired kid from DAKOTA.

In other words-it's like whatever until a main writer can be found.

If we gotta do pilot season to get one-we do pilot season.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I posted an unfinished version of this pic earlier:

T'Challa with Spear of Bashenga.

Black Panther with Spear of Bashenga.jpg
    Dude! I really dig your style, I have never been a heavy shader in my drawings, but I definitely appreciate the artists who are. Looks dope