Page 665 of 750 FirstFirst ... 165565615655661662663664665666667668669675715 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 11243
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I suppose the question I have to ask is, why do we expect people with these platforms to be any more learned, or susceptible to conspiracy theories and junk science in the first place than the average person in the first place, because they have money? Personally I feel that the MCU has contributed to our culture's superficial love of science anyway. Twitter has a short memory, I'm sure Trump will do something to make them all forget, until BP2 news is announced, then those tweets will rear their ugly heads once again.
    It's the attention WHORE complex.

That prays on the weak minded. Who don't RESEARCH or use COMMON sense.

That feeds to group attacks. See who is about to leave the White House. See fake woke culture. See Synder Cut & Beyonce Fans.

They have also seen folks get famous on those platforms. Did we NOT get a tv show off of a youtube show with Cap Kirk on CBS?

The only folks who would dig up those tweets would be UNFANS and the same folks who tried to review bomb the movie.

I suppose the question I have to ask is, why do we expect people with these platforms to be any more learned, or susceptible to conspiracy theories and junk science in the first place than the average person in the first place, because they have money?
    The question I have ask is if so called Cancel Culture is so prevalent now causing one to lose their job over tweets whether past or present, why aren't these people more smart about how they use their platform?
    Last edited by BushidoBlade2; 12-04-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    The question I have ask is if so called Cancel Culture is so prevalent now causing one to lose their job over tweets whether past or present, why aren't these people more smart about how they use their platform?
    Because humans are rarely logical creatures.

I submit into evidence:racism.

'Nuff said.

You can believe one thing and through knowledge and understanding, change your views.

Many people have said many things in ignorance believing it to be true.

Maybe they think they won't get caught. Cancel Culture doesn't seem to effect blue checkmarks on twitter, the cancelers think they're doing something, deplatforming people, but the cancelees just go somewhere else.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I agree with the point that Redjack did the best version even ahead of Coogler, if not just due to the fact that it didn't feel like Shuri took something away from T'Challa to have her space.

It was hinted that T'Challa is a genius by creating his cw habit, and maaaybe we could argue he was the one who designed the kimoyo emp beads, but it's too vague to say for sure and mostly seems like he is smart but not a super genius, atleast that's the hinted vibe.

Redjacks Shuri indeed was very much her own character and had her own path, I liked and agree with how she was field testing her latest tech as I believe that's where her niche lies, smaller scale but the latest and greatest, while T'Challa is on the fly tech and large scale big picture stuff.

As for the part about Shuris stories being told and which ones. I dunno, I felt we had extremes to both spectrums. First story all she wanted was to be BP and that was her whole personality and when she got it, she floundered, and felt like there was this mad dash to give her something Which also to me didn't make sense how she was so blood lusted when to start she was so shaken up by killing radioactive man.

Then we get Nnendi, who blade right into the BS that Coates and co were doing and blaming her woes and troubles on "being born the wrong gender" and acting like a child instead of a forner queen.

I also felt this story was bad beds they were trying to but disney princess teen Shuri into adult Shuris history and it was so bad that even realdealholy was chastising it, and you know you frakked up when big supporters of a character are going "wtf is this isht??"

Frankly it's still the issue that Shuri was so underdeveloped and without a path that we got the mess that happened. She is better now and I honestly think that the 616 and the MCU should take a note from Redjack and head that angle for T'Challa and Shuris dynamic.. and also get Redjacks Zanda into the 616 as well
    Agreed and cosigned to all that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You can believe one thing and through knowledge and understanding, change your views.

Many people have said many things in ignorance believing it to be true.
    That doesn't answer my question. If I had controversial views and I work for a multi-billion dollar company like Disney. I'm gonna do my best to make sure my beliefs are never exposed. Because i know I'm risking job opportunities. I've been keeping my social medias clean since 2010. I don't understand why people getting paid millions can't do the same.

Maybe they think they won't get caught. Cancel Culture doesn't seem to effect blue checkmarks on twitter, the cancelers think they're doing something, deplatforming people, but the cancelees just go somewhere else.
    So if canceling doesn't work, why are people constantly whining about Cancel Culture?

I don't understand why people getting paid millions can't do the same.
    Scary reason?

They actually believe the dumb **** they are posting so much, they think they are "educating" the masses.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Run Shuri Run...

Black Panther 2: Enemy Of The State

Princess Shuri: "I'm whatever Wakanda needs me to be!"
    Get Hectic!

I suppose the question I have to ask is, why do we expect people with these platforms to be any more learned, or susceptible to conspiracy theories and junk science in the first place than the average person in the first place, because they have money? Personally I feel that the MCU has contributed to our culture's superficial love of science anyway. Twitter has a short memory, I'm sure Trump will do something to make them all forget, until BP2 news is announced, then those tweets will rear their ugly heads once again.
    The real effect of this is going to have is on the Casual MCU fans that have been pushing for Leticia to take over the main role. Those people have done a complete 180 already.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    It's not a good look to have an anti-vaxxer as head of your billion dollar franchise, but then again Disney has yet to do anything about Gina Carano(The Mandalorian) who is a outspoken right wing nutjob.

We also know Coogler has been working on the script for year with T'Challa still as the lead(he didn't know about Chadwick's illness). Making Shuri the Panther would mean he would have trash the one he has worked on and go back from the start which given the timeframe is possible I guess. It's also likely Disney/Feige could have him do two treatments, one with T'Challa still as ruler, and one with a new ruler and they would use whichever one they need depending on which decision they finally decide to land on.
    Gina Carano is a side character so I think your point has some validity. Elevating an anti-vaxxer who retweets transphobic and anti-science Youtube videos to the face of your biggest hero after Spider-Man is a huge risk. Doubly so (and I think this is quite possible) if she has some sort of mental health issue that makes her prone to parroting stupid conspiracies. That said, I am fairly confident the plan was to recast T'Challa anyway, but I think the possibility to replacing Wright is rather high as well.

We could end up with 2 recasts in BP2, which I wouldn't be mad at. I don't think Letitia is that talented so I wouldn't be mad at giving her role to another qualified black actress, and I think while it would be supremely difficult to replace Boseman, I have trust that Disney can find someone that can carry on the role of T'Challa and do the character justice the way Boseman intended.
    Last edited by chief12d; 12-04-2020 at 01:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Gina Carano is a side character so I think your point has some validity. Elevating an anti-vaxxer who retweets transphobic and anti-science Youtube videos to the face of your biggest hero after Spider-Man is a huge risk. Doubly so (and I think this is quite possible) if she has some sort of mental health issue that makes her prone to parroting stupid conspiracies. That said, I am fairly confident the plan was to recast T'Challa anyway, but I think the possibility to replacing Wright is rather high as well.

We could end up with 2 recasts in BP2, which I wouldn't be mad at. I don't think Letitia is that talented so I wouldn't be mad at giving her role to another qualified black actress, and I think while it would be supremely difficult to replace Boseman, I have trust that Disney can find someone that can carry on the role of T'Challa and do the character justice the way Boseman intended.
    I don't think she has any mental health problem, she seems to be part of some radical evangelical church. She should had apologized, but instead she doubled down on the anti-vaxx and doesn't look like she wants to stop talking about it. This is too bad look for a franchise like BP, specially if she is fron and center as the net black panther.

I liked Letitia on BP, but her performance was just alright. I wouldnt be sad to see her go, she is good but not excelent and her behavior is not acceptable

That doesn't answer my question. If I had controversial views and I work for a multi-billion dollar company like Disney. I'm gonna do my best to make sure my beliefs are never exposed. Because i know I'm risking job opportunities. I've been keeping my social medias clean since 2010. I don't understand why people getting paid millions can't do the same.
    Ever hear of fanatics? Or zealots? Or true believers? Or Trump Supporters?

Some people believe that strongly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I don't think she has any mental health problem, she seems to be part of some radical evangelical church. She should had apologized, but instead she doubled down on the anti-vaxx and doesn't look like she wants to stop talking about it. This is too bad look for a franchise like BP, specially if she is fron and center as the net black panther.

I liked Letitia on BP, but her performance was just alright. I wouldnt be sad to see her go, she is good but not excelent and her behavior is not acceptable
    Idk, lots of people who get engaged in the type of rhetoric Wright does have a few screws loose, even if it's not anything too extreme. She's dealt with depression in the past and she credits her faith with saving her. Speaking as someone still in the church I've seen plenty of people who were mentally broken become unhealthily attached to their newfound faith and develop all types of crazy ideas. Her strange turn could be an underlying issue that she's channeling through her religion, but I obviously don't know her personally so I won't speculate too much on that.

And I agree, there's a legitimate argument to be made that Boseman is nearly impossible to replace. Wright not so much. If we're speaking honestly, she was never remotely on my radar for taking the character on and I could think of several actresses who better match the look and vibe of the Shuri that Coogler was going for. I would have absolutely no issue with seeing her recasted, but this does make the future of BP2 murky. Is Marvel really gonna recast not 1, but 2 major characters for the sequel? T'Challa and Shuri? Would they recast Shuri but still have her take the mantle?

This is why I'm confident nothing happens. Twitter will find a new celebrity to be outraged at next week and Disney can just have Wright apologize to clear things up with most of the audience. From there they can recast T'Challa and keep Shuri on the backburner until enough time has passed that people accept her taking the mantle without issue.
    Last edited by chief12d; 12-04-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I would not be surprised if Marvel gives BP the Guardians treatment: put the series on the shelf for a few years.

James Gunn just needed to lay low for a minute before resuming his career.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 12-04-2020 at 02:11 PM.