Page 483 of 750 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I personally think XPac is right about how Namor looks at the situation. He's bullheaded, arrogant, and at that particular moment had already lost his kingdom to T'Challa's trickery. He clearly felt shitty about having just killed billions in order to protect the world and T'Challa (in one of his most OOC moments) is berating him only a few moments later.

So he lashed out and lied to T'Challa and perhaps even himself by saying he'd wished he killed more Wakandans when they both knew deep down he wasn't fully in control of himself in the first place. I don't necessarily have an issue with that, I have an issue with the way they got all friendly after this admission. Even if T'Challa knew Namor was lying, to be cracking jokes with a dude that's responsible for your sister dying and wished he'd killed more of your people doesn't make sense.

I don't think T'Challa would take that kind of disrespect lightly even if it came from a place of emotional stress. Especially since he can't completely trust Namor even under regular circumstances. I guess it's part of the nihilist sentiment built into that entire run. Like it doesn't matter if two men who destroyed each other's lives start sharing laughs, since the world is dying anyway and nothing matters lol. But it was poorly developed and had the effect of depriving T'Challa of his justified revenge, which creates an imbalance in their respective arcs.
    Yeah, I agree. I didn't read AvX, but I did read Hickman's Avengers (though it's been a while) and it bothered the hell out of me that these two ended up on, essentially, friendly terms. Especially with Hickman doing his own little Crisis event, he could have had T'Challa kill Namor then had it undone at the end. I don't care what line Marvel tried to sell us, Time Runs Out and Doom's little patchwork planet counts as a continuity reset and Namor could've been alive again when the dust settled.

I know Namor is squared into that anti-hero realm so the bad crap he does requires an out, but *even if* the Phoenix was influencing him and *even if* he was just talking sh*t because he'd rather have T'Challa think of him as a monster rather than a victim, T'Challa was well within his rights to kill Namor, and I think it'd have been in character for him to do so.

Granted, killing Namor isn't exactly an easy feat, but it's not like that's beyond the Panther.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    Still? Disney knows the people from Atlantis are black. Which means Namor is…

how come BP fans are okay with culture white-washing just so the story can have a revenge plot.

Hmmmm? the one Disney princess you never hear about. interesting

Why accept certain Loses. People like me exist because these creators failed the Black Panther. Doom gets enhanced powers in Doom-Wars. That’s an “L”!

to keep the black man down! Ha! L after L

ever seen the show/comic "The Boys"? I exist because... some comicbook creators are the true villians.

White-washed Namor flooding Wakanda with.... lies

become one of the boys
    Do you think Herodotus whitewashed Atlantaaens, too?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I personally think XPac is right about how Namor looks at the situation. He's bullheaded, arrogant, and at that particular moment had already lost his kingdom to T'Challa's trickery. He clearly felt shitty about having just killed billions in order to protect the world and T'Challa (in one of his most OOC moments) is berating him only a few moments later.

So he lashed out and lied to T'Challa and perhaps even himself by saying he'd wished he killed more Wakandans when they both knew deep down he wasn't fully in control of himself in the first place. I don't necessarily have an issue with that, I have an issue with the way they got all friendly after this admission. Even if T'Challa knew Namor was lying, to be cracking jokes with a dude that's responsible for your sister dying and wished he'd killed more of your people doesn't make sense.

I don't think T'Challa would take that kind of disrespect lightly even if it came from a place of emotional stress. Especially since he can't completely trust Namor even under regular circumstances. I guess it's part of the nihilist sentiment built into that entire run. Like it doesn't matter if two men who destroyed each other's lives start sharing laughs, since the world is dying anyway and nothing matters lol. But it was poorly developed and had the effect of depriving T'Challa of his justified revenge, which creates an imbalance in their respective arcs.
    Honestly I don't care about his reason, or how he maybe "felt" it's about what was shown on panel and nothing we see shows he had any guilt thr fact that JA has him berate T'Challa and being mad for Atlantis being destroyed shows he doesn't give a frak. Again, personally only own head Canon, when Doom shoots the energy blast at T'Challa, I believe T'Challa purposefully directs the beam at Namor as mini vengeance

We didn't talk much about this I don't think so does this mean that we can assume that T'Challa has some kind of psyeudo healing factor? I mean T'Challa pretty much got run thru here.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We didn't talk much about this I don't think so does this mean that we can assume that T'Challa has some kind of psyeudo healing factor? I mean T'Challa pretty much got run thru here.

Sort of.

He was able to slow down his heart beat. His suit apparently sealed the wound.

19.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So..... it was a matter of the Phoenix simply removing inhibitions? That tracks with the space bird; half the problems Jean Gray got into basically just boil down to that. I find it hard to fault Namor if a cosmic manifestation of universal recycling made him act on a plan he might've considered but never intended to actually go through with (which seems to fit what you're saying here). Hell, real nations have plans to deal with going to war against other countries, even their allies....just in case. Atlantis flooding Wakanda sounds a lot like one of those "in case of emergency break glass" kind of plans; there just on the off chance you need it, but not something you actually think you'll ever use.

All that said, from what I saw in Hickman's Avengers, T'Challa should've just cut Namor's head off, called it retribution for the horrific events in Wakanda, and called it a day.
    With prep, T'Challa would spank the isht out of Namor easily. But what he would do is use the sand on him that dehydrates him, putting them on equal playing field physically, then best the living hell out of Namor I. Straight up h2h before executing him

I'm More concerned that Ewing just nerfed the habit, causing it to no longer be stab proof because of this scene. I guess it got a minor healing factor so it's a trade off, bit I'd rather the stab proof be In Affect because healing factors are a done a dozen, his habit helps reinforce that While he can take a hit it's better to avoid since his healing factor is minor

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'm More concerned that Ewing just nerfed the habit, causing it to no longer be stab proof because of this scene. I guess it got a minor healing factor so it's a trade off, bit I'd rather the stab proof be In Affect because healing factors are a done a dozen, his habit helps reinforce that While he can take a hit it's better to avoid since his healing factor is minor
    Just speculating here... but there may be a bit of a trade off when T'CHalla switched to a habit that's made up of nano technology.

We saw in ultimates for example when T'Challa faced an opponent who could hack into his suit it completely fell apart... thats likely not an issue he would have had with a simpler vibranium weave suit. So while having a suit made up of nanobots allows him to do certain cool things like vanish into his necklace or seal up his wounds, the nanobots on theory might not be quite as invulnerable as a chainmail vibranium suit under certain circumstances.

Not necessarily making a judgement as to whether it's better or worse... but there can be trade offs in situations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Just speculating here... but there may be a bit of a trade off when T'CHalla switched to a habit that's made up of nano technology.

We saw in ultimates for example when T'Challa faced an opponent who could hack into his suit it completely fell apart... thats likely not an issue he would have had with a simpler vibranium weave suit. So while having a suit made up of nanobots allows him to do certain cool things like vanish into his necklace or seal up his wounds, the nanobots on theory might not be quite as invulnerable as a chainmail vibranium suit under certain circumstances.

Not necessarily making a judgement as to whether it's better or worse... but there can be trade offs in situations like this.
    His Priest version worked the same way the current one does. The only difference is artist interpretation changed. The only difference is it could be sliced against the grain. But a direct stab would shatter the blade. And Swordman did a direct stab.

It's more reasonable to say Swordsmrn has a space metal/magic sword. Like Thanos being able to slice Caps shield in Endgame.
    Last edited by Cville; 09-20-2020 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    His Priest version worked the same way the current one does. The only difference is artist interpretation changed. The only difference is it could be sliced against the grain. But a direct stab would shatter the blade. And Swordman did a direct stab.

It's more reasonable to say Swordsmrn has a space metal/magic sword. Like Thanos being able to slice Caps shield in Endgame.
    Yeah, it's probably better to look at it like that.

Back to T'Challa. So now there's another function of his own abilities and a function that the suit can do. MoS, update your BP database.

next question will we ever see it again. Not in a Coates book for sure but Aaron definitely needs to have this in Avengers.

Back to T'Challa. So now there's another function of his own abilities and a function that the suit can do. MoS, update your BP database.

next question will we ever see it again. Not in a Coates book for sure but Aaron definitely needs to have this in Avengers.
    Seems like only Ewing remembers it so probably not lol. But it would be cool to see his stuff come back. Ewing is the only person who Seems to remember his gear and such

bruh im so behind with the blog.

probably only see it again in another book Ewing makes in 5 years lol

shadow combat or whatever has been mentioned twice now though!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Herodotus learns of the Atlanteans from the Egyptians . It’s an Egyptian/ African story.

Ceremonial (BP) masks ? good idea!

BP transforming? Excellent insight ! images below (the ni@@a is literally transforming in front of you)

BP fans be like... E.N. ?

Evan Narcisse made TChaka -- all ”booed-up/ boozed-up” with concubines! Whuuut? Mourning never looked so westernized. But to his credit The Zulu Nation mourned the passing of Shakka’s mother for two years. still tho

BP fans have convinced themselves that WWO & Coogler’s vision are just 2-dozen-plus cosmic coincidences. Word?

20 something concepts from tech design, (ceremonial masks) storyline etc all simultaneously created. nah bruh! the timeline sides with WWO. it's callled actual events in real-time!

Researched BP for a multi-million dollar budget film but never came across W...W.. Oh really? check any forums? no. denial amid hard facts.

Why would you give them FULL-CREDIT when the evidence is too overwhelming? The BP billion $ movie is a victory for WWO, really. Proves WWO was Right.

The visions align. we can all agree to that!

View Poll Results: Overall has Marvel done a good job with handling these characters?

So if WWO was on the right path & executed the right vision; why wouldn’t I request a recommendation from new BP writers?

BANNED

check-out this 2017 WWO page.

WWO dealt with Namor (kneeling on the floor pointy ears & all). Jokes (roasting) about writers like Hickman & Mayberry… what else. It’s a parody.

Wu-Tang symbol / panther face around TchALLAH’s waist.

Say, BP fans, I know there aren’t many regal images of BP. The WWO BP reps? You decide.

BP abilities? Really? intergalactic travel. no ship

Check-out Storm(Mungus)’s head-piece. It’s shaped like the “Eye of Sauron” & taunting her. Hilarious !

Necromancy is not Resurrection.

Don’t forget the violent annulment! Straight-up villians.

WWO will protect BP from these wicked weak-a$$ writers

Logan? Black
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 09-21-2020 at 12:15 AM.

Spectacular Member

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Oct 7, BP and Shuri appears in Marauder's #13 so I'm curious how these x writers are gonna depict Tchalla and I can tell i won't be surprised if they make him look and act like a total tool but hope that's not the case. Idk what personal gripe that camp has against BP and the wakandan mythos.