Page 136 of 750 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236636 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 11243
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

It's as if the success of the Black Panther movie didn't mean anything. No positive effects has happened to the comic book T'Challa due to the success of the movie (like it did for Carol Danvers & Guardians of the Galaxy). Coates did not capitalize on the success of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Apparently not only that, but it seems like he is going to lean into the connection with Wakanda and T'challa in the solicitation for Emma and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    It's as if the success of the Black Panther movie didn't mean anything. No positive effects has happened to the comic book T'Challa due to the success of the movie (like it did for Carol Danvers & Guardians of the Galaxy). Coates did not capitalize on the success of the movie.
    My kids have BP toys because of the movie.

I have BP shirts because of the movie

My kids have BP on there avenger shirts because of the movie

I have a Wakandan flag in my garage gym because of the movie

Black Panther has been in various app/video games because of the movie.

Black Panther got his own cartoon spin off which was awesome because of the movie

Numerous collected editions came out because of the movie. Priest, Hudlin, Liss, Panther's Rage, Gillis. There was basically no collected editions before the movie stuff started.

BP vs DP existed because of hte movie

Rise of the Black Panther existed because of the movie

BP was in Ultimates and Avengers because of the movie (to varying degrees of success)

I have hours of entertainment thanks ot Civil War, BP, IW, and Endgame which feature BP in varying degrees.

Yes, Coates sucks, but the movie has been an overwhelming success for BP fans.

And, also, GoG and CM have been rebooted multiple times with many different writers because sales wise they've always eventually tanked. BP is going to get another solo with another writer BECAUSE of the movie instead of going into limbo land just like they did.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

You can make a pretty decent arguement that there is little to no evidence that the movies actually help the comics, at least directly.

I think the fact that the IP has a successful movie likely means they will continue to have a comic book, but it doesn't guarantee the book will sell well or even really improve saleswise. That's not to say a movie doesn't help the ip generally speaking... just not actual comic sales.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    My kids have BP toys because of the movie.

I have BP shirts because of the movie

My kids have BP on there avenger shirts because of the movie

I have a Wakandan flag in my garage gym because of the movie

Black Panther has been in various app/video games because of the movie.

Black Panther got his own cartoon spin off which was awesome because of the movie

Numerous collected editions came out because of the movie. Priest, Hudlin, Liss, Panther's Rage, Gillis. There was basically no collected editions before the movie stuff started.

BP vs DP existed because of hte movie

Rise of the Black Panther existed because of the movie

BP was in Ultimates and Avengers because of the movie (to varying degrees of success)

I have hours of entertainment thanks ot Civil War, BP, IW, and Endgame which feature BP in varying degrees.

Yes, Coates sucks, but the movie has been an overwhelming success for BP fans.

And, also, GoG and CM have been rebooted multiple times with many different writers because sales wise they've always eventually tanked. BP is going to get another solo with another writer BECAUSE of the movie instead of going into limbo land just like they did.
    Marvel really needs to relaunch EPIC as a line for books like Coates' Black Panther.

This book would have been interesting as a prestige limited run, similar to Tom King's Mister Miracle and now Strange Adventures. But it doesn't work as an ongoing sort of like Tom King's Batman.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Edited:

deleted because despite strong opening...didn't like where it went lol
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 03-05-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

dp

Again...what happens with that T'Challa fan story people would hate so nvm, lol
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 03-05-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

This is so try-hard

there is zero x-over from the movies to the comics. people don't start buying the comics based on liking the movies. it just does not happen. people who already like comics MAY try a new one if they see a movie that does well with a character they don't know but moviegoers do not become comics buyers based on the flicks.

it does not happen.

Black Panther got his own cartoon spin off which was awesome because of the movie.
    not exactly. they were being made at roughly the same time. the movie started before us and finished well before we did but there was no success to build on because the movie hadn't come out yet. and marvel never expected it to do anything like as well as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    not exactly. they were being made at roughly the same time. the movie started before us and finished well before we did but there was no success to build on because the movie hadn't come out yet. and marvel never expected it to do anything like as well as it did.
    I was speaking more so they green light the cartoon because T'challa was in the MCU

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    Marvel really needs to relaunch EPIC as a line for books like Coates' Black Panther.

This book would have been interesting as a prestige limited run, similar to Tom King's Mister Miracle and now Strange Adventures. But it doesn't work as an ongoing sort of like Tom King's Batman.
    It should of not even been tied to BP and just been a new character. That's essentially what Coates did, created a bew character sbd mythos due to how much hamfisted isht he added

no mbaku, don't ruin the bromance!

https://screenrant.com/black-panther...-winston-duke/

I feel like they got "villain" M'Baku out of their system with the fight at the beginning but I guess I could always see him disagreeing with T'Challa's decisions.

Show me da money...

Get Hectic!