Page 118 of 750 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    sorry, I know I am late. But I just read the lastest issue of Black Panther and I'm confused. Black Panther (T'Challa ) WASN'T EVEN IN THE BOOK AT ALL!

I get giving an issue to another character (like Jason Aaron did to Gorr in the Thor: the godbutcher), but this is ridiculous.

This whole Storm is the new god of Wakanda nonsense is too much to take.

What's the point of reading this comic any more? Why bother?
    Well it's consistent with regular Coates antics. He did this in S2 with klaw as well. The problem with it is that for one he has already done it too many times this season, but ontop of that, when he decides to do these types of issues they further derail an already slow, boring and derailed stor In The first place with pointless information that should of been given up at 10+ issues ago

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

What if Coates feels that since T'Challa is already on the Avengers and is in Agents of Wakanda, he doesn't need to shine in his own solo book.

If this is what Coates is thinking......then it is a very stupid thought lol

What if Coates feels that since T'Challa is already on the Avengers and is in Agents of Wakanda, he doesn't need to shine in his own solo book.

You're not the only one to think that. Lol.

Well Coates is thinking that he's making T'Challa cool and relatable to kids. So it's not too farfetched that he could be thinking this too.

So where is the council from season 1? Aren't they supposed to be running things and making decisions and not T'Challa and Shuri? They're being invaded and I can't remember if they been mentioned and if Djalia is supposed to be as important to Wakanda as we been lead to believe, shouldn't they have some say in destroying it?

Speaking of the Djalia, why does it have to be destroyed? I know that if they do, the rebels get their memories back for whatever reason but is destroying it now really important while they're at war? The rebels memories can wait unless for whatever reason their memories suddenly give them an edge over the empire. Otherwise couldn't it wait until after the empire is beaten unless a previous issue went into detail about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    So where is the council from season 1? Aren't they supposed to be running things and making decisions and not T'Challa and Shuri? They're being invaded and I can't remember if they been mentioned and if Djalia is supposed to be as important to Wakanda as we been lead to believe, shouldn't they have some say in destroying it?

Speaking of the Djalia, why does it have to be destroyed? I know that if they do, the rebels get their memories back for whatever reason but is destroying it now really important while they're at war? The rebels memories can wait unless for whatever reason their memories suddenly give them an edge over the empire. Otherwise couldn't it wait until after the empire is beaten unless a previous issue went into detail about the whole thing.
    Last we saw Changemire was in the woods doing paperwork to setup the govt..

Only way the memory thing works is if the majority of the soldiers are like Eden was and they had their minds wiped and forced to join the military.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-27-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Get Hectic!

And speaking of a Black Panther game...

It's birthday week for my son so he gets the Playstation VR headset and downloads Batman VR!

In a head to head comparison of the Oculus Quest's Vader Immortal game Batman is the better experience for the immersive Gotham City realization while Vader is a more interactive fighting experience using a light saber versus storm troopers and a tie fighter!

Prepare to get a little bit of a sweat on Vader than on Batman especially if you use the light saber and force training modes...

Both are made in Unreal Engine so the graphics are A-plus... Since Vader Immortal is on a separate apparatus from an actual PC to share the experience one must use an iPhone's Oculus app mirrored with Apple Tv while a Playstation will show non VR users what you see on the tv screen in real time!

Keep in mind that Batman is a thinking man's game so prepare to solve certain Riddler riddles and crime scene investigations with a bio scanner!

As I posted before there is a "Necropolis" location in Vader Immortal where you are mostly on Mustafar and it does feature a three part sequel at least 15-30 minutes each!

Batman places you right inside Gotham just before the Arkham Knight game in all it's Easter egg glory!

As far as a Black Panther VR game I would go somewhere in between both of these as the bat cave is on full display digitally interactive and Vader has a vibranium mound type of activity that would work excellently for Shuri's lab or M'baku's Jabari region!

There definitely must be a fight sequence for Black Panther so moving sofas, chairs and pets out of the way is a necessary component!

The waterfalls inside the bat cave could be easily substituted for Warriors Falls and would be fun galore getting Killmongered right off the ledge in virtual reality all the way to the underwater splash!

Edit out the Bat jet for a Royal Talon and go print money Disney...

Killmonger: "Burn it all!!!"

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Whatever plans Coates had for the tribal council... **** I mean parliament, got scrapped in season 2 when Marvel obviously told him to synergize a bit with the MCU.

Hence, T'challa still being king with absolute authority unless he is around women, the Doras throwing the MCU Wakanda salute out of nowhere, and Okoye literally appearing out of thin air to be an integral character. Literally out of no where lol. Didn't even bother teasing WTF she has been the last 10 years. Hell, I am pretty sure Hudlin hinted she was dead in that Doom sneak attack.

Apparently, that is all the editorial does though bc as soon as it went to space, it was same ol' bull
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Thank God I still have Aaron's Avengers for Cap and BP.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Last we saw Changemire was in the woods doing paperwork to setup the govt..

Only way the memory thing works is if the majority of the soldiers are like Eden was and they had their minds wiped and forced to join the military.
    I completely forgot Changamire showed up recently. Yeah, if they're not like Eden then the Djalia stuff can wait.

Astonishing Member

Coates took the phrase "no one man" literally. It's a way of shifting his story away from T'Challa and making the book more of an ensemble. A lot of people think the Black Panther franchise is a creative sandbox with the main character being Wakanda and it's people, rather than the Black Panther himself. Marvel probably wants BP to sustain multiple titles and for some reason they think they can do that by turning his primary book into a team title in all but name. It wouldn't surprise me if editors were ok with it because he has appearances in the Avengers books.

Speaking of Avengers, he's being a lowkey leader. He's the strategic mind connecting the dots in the background while Cap continues to be the guy front and center with the tactical decisions. It's pretty underwhelming tbh but at least Aaron has shown T'Challa being proactive with the AoW, visiting Coulson, and hosting superhuman conferences. I'm sure when things come to a head towards the end of this arc T'Challa's behind the scenes actions will pay off. If not then it's a wash but I can't say I'm unused to it since we've been dealing with Coates lol.

And I have no interest in seeing Black Panther and Namor interacting. Their story was told in Hickman's Avengers and that's where it should stay. I'm happy that Aaron hasn't laser focused on any tension between the two of them so hopefully that rivalry can be buried as time goes on. Namor, Storm, Eden, and Gentle shouldn't be anywhere near the Black Panther solo.
    Last edited by chief12d; 02-28-2020 at 10:26 AM.

On another note, I'm still trying to wrap my head around how nonsensical Zenzi and Tetu's characters are. Zenzi is a Nigandan that was experimented on by Killmonger and later left to die with the others that Killmonger had killed because they were deemed failures. So why did she join Tetu and what's her beef with T'Challa?

If she wanted an end to dictators then shouldn't she have used her powers to take out the revolving door of dictators that keep running her country.

Tetu had the same philosophy as the "No One Man" stuff and that the power belongs to the people and not a single person or family. Here he is, along with Zenzi serving an emperor who's empire was built on oppression and slavery. Not to mention the Nazis that Zenzi worked for and how she's now serving the guy that experimented on her people and left her for dead or how ok Tetu was about his men committing rape, murdering Wakandans, or selling out portions of Wakanda to outsiders.

Nothing they've done in the past 4 years lines up with what they preach.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 02-28-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Coates took the phrase "no one man" literally. It's a way of shifting his story away from T'Challa and making the book more of an ensemble. A lot of people think the Black Panther franchise is a creative sandbox with the main character being Wakanda and it's people, rather than the Black Panther himself. Marvel probably wants BP to sustain multiple titles and for some reason they think they can do that by turning his primary book into a team title in all but name. It wouldn't surprise me if editors were ok with it because he has appearances in the Avengers books.

Speaking of Avengers, he's being a lowkey leader. He's the strategic mind connecting the dots in the background while Cap continues to be the guy front and center with the tactical decisions. It's pretty underwhelming tbh but at least Aaron has shown T'Challa being proactive with the AoW, visiting Coulson, and hosting superhuman conferences. I'm sure when things come to a head towards the end of this arc T'Challa's behind the scenes actions will pay off. If not then it's a wash but I can't say I'm unused to it since we've been dealing with Coates lol.

And I have no interest in seeing Black Panther and Namor interacting. Their story was told in Hickman's Avengers and that's where it should stay. I'm happy that Aaron hasn't laser focused on any tension between the two of them so hopefully that rivalry can be buried as time goes on. Namor, Storm, Eden, and Gentle shouldn't be anywhere near the Black Panther solo.
    Yeah, I definately think T'Challa is a different sort of leader than Steve. He's more pro-active. ANd I think that's a nice pay off for the readers. With Steve we know what he knows, but with T'Challa there's more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, which can pay off later. Steve is front and center literally and figuratively, while T'Challa is behind the scenes literally and figuratively. It's cool that he can be potrayed effective in a different way.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thank God I still have Aaron's Avengers for Cap and BP.
    I was wondering if people were tried of Coates on Cap as well. I noticed his sales dropped for the Captain America title as well last month.