Page 409 of 750 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 11243
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    It's surreal. This whole year ... just feels wrong. The roles he played were so inspirational and he was so inspirational as an actor. His passing is tremendously disheartening and depressing, especially when was poised to keep making stellar movies.

I had dreams about what BP 2, 3, and 4 would be like. Now I can't even bring myself to think that far ahead. Every couple of days or weeks feels like something terrible is happening.
    It's very despair-inducing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

that was a great tribute.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I was just telling my wife, he is one of the few people I would absolutely love to meet in person. Such a kind and humble and just all around good man that was such a blessing to people, the way he talked about the boys Battling cancer who wanted to live until the movie came out, the speech he gave to his 2018 university, the speech to he gave to Denzel.. and his entire demeanor as a whole. Always humble, always thankful and feeling blessed.. now we know why.. it reminds me of John Kani's line as T'Chaka in the movie "Your a good man with a good heart, and it's hard for a good man. To be King" yet Chadwick made it look so easy in real life.. Rest in power
    Nicely Said Ezyo1000, you are so right, with every tribute I have seen it was always same with how amazing of a man Chad was and how he brough a sense of being such a blessing and humble person to Everyone. I Wish you could have meet him as well, it seems everyone he meet he affected them in such a postive way. I have also recently seen the 2018 speech and his talk about the kids with Cancer and to know that he was going threw all of this with his Cancer he real wanted to empower the world around him for the better and more humble.

He is an Example on how we should try to live and how we should treat others.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Marvel just put out this Nice Tribute to Chad that was Heartwarming to experiance, at the end they have Chad talking about what Black Panther Means and what he experianced that it means to the world hits hard in such a profound way.

Chad:
    "When Done Right, It gives People Hope."

it's all over the internet. You're not hiding it unless you lock your kid in a closet.

it's all over the news, social media, the internet, video game consoles. You can't miss it.
    ... y'all have 8 year olds just scrolling the internet?

y'all making them grow up QUICK
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I hope this tragedy moves marvel to start treating the character with the weight and importance he deserves but I of course am pessimistic about their desire to do so.
    I thought 1.3 billion dollars would do it.

Guess we will see if tragedy does it instead.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Dr Kani's birthday was yesterday. Man I can't imagine how this must be. Bittersweet indeed.
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 08-31-2020 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ... y'all have 8 year olds just scrolling the internet?

y'all making them grow up QUICK
    in some cases sure. Not everyone has their kids under lock and key like that. They have siblings or friends that'll tell them. Especially with what a bombshell it was. You might be watching the news with them in the room or at the dinner table. I think its healthy to have an open dialogue about these things if they come to you about it. Sooner or later kids will find out, unless you really got them on lockdown at home. Given COVID-19 and the other passings this year, might not be your first conversation about it. Psychologists actually recomend it.

"Children overhear things and often know much more than we think they know. They are sensitive to their environment and can sense changes in routines, moods and attitudes of the adults around them. They may not know that death is permanent but they can sense that something very sad has happened... The best way to help children deal with death is to provide information and comfort for the level of their development. When children are not given appropriate explanations, their imaginations often come up with things that could be much worse than the truth. What you say to a 3 year old is different than what you say to a 13 year old."

Doesn't have to be a long convo or anything, but if you choose to have that conversation when they find out I'd just explain things simply and directly. Then I'd probably emphasize his legacy and the themes/message of his work.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Dr Kani's birthday was yesterday. Man I can't imagine how this must be. Bittersweet indeed.
    ... I 100% thought Kani died awhile ago.

100%.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ... I 100% thought Kani died awhile ago.

100%.
    Why omg haha

This ABC tribute is very well done, but so very sad.

I'm impressed at how quickly they were able to put this together, but I guess all these people are avilable because of the pandemic
    I want able to watch it yesterday, is it on YouTube?

Edit: I just watched the tribute... My god man, it's making me tear up again, I don't know of people fully realize just how rare and unique of a person Chadwick was, like people are just now going to start realizing just how amazing he was, truly. And when in the tribute they talk about how Chad was not just T'Challa on screen but also in person. I keep saying it, but the world truly lost a amazing person, he had so much potential, it's like losing a person like MLK, Fred hampton, Malcolm X Muhammad Ali etc. And whereas yes he didn't do the things they did, but his affect on people was the same. And the world, and MCU will never be the same again with his passing
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-31-2020 at 07:52 AM.

This fucking blows man...

And my mind is already dreading how Marvel handles BP only because how big of a impact one man made to him and replacing that is a daunting challenge.

Also, his career was finally getting traction after being under the radar for so long.

This year sucks...

Dear Screen Rant: Regarding the Chadwick Boseman Article | READUS 101

Incredible Member

Jeez, youtube and twitter are having a, don't recast T'Challa palooza out here. Some of the garbage people are suggesting from Shuri to take over to brining back killmonger, have M'Baku level up, bring in Namor, have Storm come to Wakanda and have the film be about her.....these crazy mofos are blowing my mind. If Marvel dont bring in a new actor to replace Boseman then I'm done with them. It's bad enough we've had to endure Coates' crap but the tragic loss of Boseman has brought out the crazies with their wack ideas and suggestions.