Page 368 of 750 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 11243
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I hope tchalla gets ole swamp thing back for stabbing him.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    I never got that about priest, like personally if i were in his position and was a grade A story teller and character builder I'd love to write for BP or any other Black heroes. I know Priest before bp and falcon didn't want anything to do with black heroes but i forgot why, given his skills he can right for almost any character don't know why a black lead would be such a problem especially given tchallas status is A1 despite that lame event going on.
    Because that was all he was being offered. That is the detail so many (ESPECIALLY gators) don't remember.
    Same with McDuffie.

It wasn't that he nor McDuffie couldn't give you a master class on how to present Superman, Batman, Hal, Logan or any A lister who happened to be white.

Editors were not interested and to be BRUTALLY honest some of that was due to fans and stores. Who at times took issues with WHO based on race, gender or sexuality was doing certain books. As a result some books never got ordered or struggled to get on shelves. Even Chuck Dixon and Late Tom Lyle dealt with it on Strike from Eclipse.

Folks forget Priest did Conan, The Ray, Justice League Task Force, Manhunter and way more nonblack books than black ones.

People remember what he did for Steel, Falcon & Panther because no one else did anything with them.

You want him for Black Panther-give whatever A lister he wants. We got denied the Peter Parker Spider-Man run by McDuffie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    There better be a good reason why T'Challa wanted Excelsior
    Because the Enterprise was in drydock?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Was that hte ebony blade in SWAD? I thought it was just a normal one
    I would say so. The blade is black and it has the same hilt.

Spectacular Member

What is SWAD?
    Do you mean the Secret Invasion -tie in?

Quote Originally Posted by Serd View Post
    What is SWAD?
    Do you mean the Secret Invasion -tie in?
    See Wakanda and Die

aka the GOAT
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Saw the outcome on the HEF

That was actually a good sequence of events. Could have used some more tech(prowlers, N'Yami ships, and helicarriers), but if I suspend my disbelief on their resources, it's a good showing
    I mean sure if you ignore that this is a hyper tech nation with tech 50+ year's ahead of everyone else and that there only form of weaponry is standard guns and swords. Sure

spoilers:
    But for all swordsman hyped up T'Challa, of there isn't a very obvious twist coming (very likely there is) then nah it was a ishtshow, even if he is alive, unless Ewing pulls out some Priest level ****, I don't see how any of this is worth it given the poor showings of T'Challa and Wakanda
    end of spoilers

Time to bring back that hologram program from BP vs DP lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because the Enterprise was in drydock?

Just...well done, mate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    There better be a good reason why T'Challa wanted Excelsior
    I imagine the idea is for him to fight the swordsman with it. Fight fire with fire.

And just like that I'm hoping that it sticks until the second movie. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I imagine the idea is for him to fight the swordsman with it. Fight fire with fire.
    How about the king of an uncolonized, agriculturist nation with it's own unique and original weapons and customs uses it's own stuff to take down the baddie instead of throwing technology to the wind and using fisticuffs, archaic, and out of mythos weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    And just like that I'm hoping that it sticks until the second movie. Lol.

Oh god not again

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because that was all he was being offered. That is the detail so many (ESPECIALLY gators) don't remember.
    Same with McDuffie.

It wasn't that he nor McDuffie couldn't give you a master class on how to present Superman, Batman, Hal, Logan or any A lister who happened to be white.

Editors were not interested and to be BRUTALLY honest some of that was due to fans and stores. Who at times took issues with WHO based on race, gender or sexuality was doing certain books. As a result some books never got ordered or struggled to get on shelves. Even Chuck Dixon and Late Tom Lyle dealt with it on Strike from Eclipse.

Folks forget Priest did Conan, The Ray, Justice League Task Force, Manhunter and way more nonblack books than black ones.

People remember what he did for Steel, Falcon & Panther because no one else did anything with them.

You want him for Black Panther-give whatever A lister he wants. We got denied the Peter Parker Spider-Man run by McDuffie.
    And considering how excellently he wrote Peter/Spider-Man in the Beyond miniseries, I'd have definitely loved to see that extended to an ongoing series.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    How about the king of an uncolonized, agriculturist nation with it's own unique and original weapons and customs uses it's own stuff to take down the baddie instead of throwing technology to the wind and using fisticuffs, archaic, and out of mythos weapons.
    This isn't like T'Challa randomly getting the ebony blade though... the Excelsior has a lot of meaning in the story as this is a conflict between the Kree/Skrulls and the Cotati. It's the right weapon to use in this story.

This isn't a BP story, so they're drawing from a mythos which is more central to the narrative of the story.