Page 176 of 750 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 11243

Subliminals on so many levels...

The Black Panther Returns???
    Get Hectic!

The Riddle of Vibranium...

Starting in June and after the world comes off viral lockdown the Black Panther mythos should probably be rebuilt from the ground up!

Other franchises and intellectual property seems to have definitive ideologies and certain consistencies making them virtually plug and play where as Black Panther can seem disjointed and all over the place agenda wise!

We are still arguing over Storm and the off and on presence of absentee god Bast and the various ensemble cast members sucking up valuable panel space with little or no payoff!

Sure there are things that should be a keeper like advanced tech, unconquered nation and that afrofuturistic vibe that permeates the soul of Wakanda!

Also some of the holdovers from the 1.3 Billion Dollar movie can stick around but there are some things that need that edit and delete button going forward!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    The Riddle of Vibranium...

Starting in June and after the world comes off viral lockdown the Black Panther mythos should probably be rebuilt from the ground up!

Other franchises and intellectual property seems to have definitive ideologies and certain consistencies making them virtually plug and play where as Black Panther can seem disjointed and all over the place agenda wise!

We are still arguing over Storm and the off and on presence of absentee god Bast and the various ensemble cast members sucking up valuable panel space with little or no payoff!

Sure there are things that should be a keeper like advanced tech, unconquered nation and that afrofuturistic vibe that permeates the soul of Wakanda!

Also some of the holdovers from the 1.3 Billion Dollar movie can stick around but there are some things that need that edit and delete button going forward!

Frankly, given how most new BP writers ditch supporting casts and status quo anyway, I'm not THAT concerned about the cleanup. I could still write the whole thing out-of-continuity in about four panels, starting with Those Two Words™, and I'm not that great a writer. Anyone with half a clue about the medium could do it as well (if they wanted to bother).

Regarding the video, I think this is a more apt excerpt:

"Valor pleases you, Bast... so grant me one request. Grant Wakanda victory! And if you do not listen, then the HELL with you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Will it really?

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Subliminals on so many levels...

The Black Panther Returns???
    This is what I want to happen to Coates Panther. Simple and to the point We learn that T'Coates is a imposter and the real T'Challa comes in and annihilates the the fake in one swift motion. Also very similar to Hudlin had T'Challa one shot Karnak

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Though I don't agree with that list in regards to their choices being the absolute 10 best comic stories to read in quarantine... it is nonetheless cool that a BP story made their list.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That is one weird list lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Will it really?
    Well, the first film was great, so yeah I think the second one will be worth the wait. It’s the same director, I think he’s earned some trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    Well, the first film was great, so yeah I think the second one will be worth the wait. It’s the same director, I think he’s earned some trust.
    Yeah, I think some people worry too much about the next film. Coogler did an amazing job, and the MCU movies in general have a pretty good track record. They definately earned the benefit of the doubt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Avengers EMH is still the most competent BP obviously shout out to Priest and Aaron's doing a pretty good job right now
    Ya man, brutha....Amandla!!!

EMH BP was not some semi operatic character like in panthers quest/PQ. He only spoke when needed or necessary ....spoke in precise and concise fashion brief ans to the point, no flamboyant or superfluous talk.

EMH panther had that dark mystique about him that felt dangerous but also calm and yet was never shown to be completely infallible...while PQ panther was a little too panicky, at least seemed more so than EMH panther.

When EMH panther fell or was hit, he would land on his feet more often that not.... Total opposite in PQ with the only exception being the EP where BP vs Thor and Ironman.

EMH BP had a way of vanishing in a crowded space without anyone noticing until after BP is long gone....dude had that ninja finesse and was crazy light on them feet, lol.

EMH BP brilliantly did that to BOTH allies/Avengers/heroes and villains/foes.

Meanwhile in PQ, BP may as well as a bull in a China shop....in comparison.

EMH BP had consistency with the display of BPs abilities....in PQ, one minute BP can move faster than the eye can see (like when he fought Thor...which was cool) but next minute he can not run faster than some relic model motorcycle where Cap was able to catch up to BP very easily....and BP had a long head start at that. :insert double facepalm:.

Just look at all the superb stuff BP would do with his shape shifting energy daggers.

And the vibranium boots ...running, walking and standing perpendicular to and on walls/vertical surfaces.

Seriously, why were those taken away in PQ?

He didn't have them probably because he didn't need them.
    Emh panther was cool but he was much less capable then Pq Tchalla. The skrull invasion where 5 avengers stalemate the wakandan military is undefendable. That wouldn't have happened to PQ Tchalla. He and Shuri would have put on a show.
    As for inconsistent power level displays, thats a trademark of the character at this point. Tchalla typically plays to the level of his opponents while concealing his true powers and abilities. Those peaks are shown to be much higher in PQ then the were in EMH
    Last edited by Ekie; 03-29-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    He didn't have them probably because he didn't need them.
    Emh panther was cool but he was much less capable then Pq Tchalla. The skrull invasion where 5 avengers stalemate the wakandan military is undefendable. That wouldn't have happened to PQ Tchalla. He and Shuri would have put on a show.
    As for inconsistent power level displays, thats a trademark of the character at this point. Tchalla typically plays to the level of his opponents while concealing his true powers and abilities. Those peaks are shown to be much higher in PQ then the were in EMH
    That's the difference between something being an Avengers cartoon and something being a Black Panther cartoon.

Black Panther can beat the Avengers in a Black Panther cartoon, while the Avengers can been the Wakandan military in an Avengers cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Ya man, brutha....Amandla!!!

EMH BP was not some semi operatic character like in panthers quest/PQ. He only spoke when needed or necessary ....spoke in precise and concise fashion brief ans to the point, no flamboyant or superfluous talk.

EMH panther had that dark mystique about him that felt dangerous but also calm and yet was never shown to be completely infallible...while PQ panther was a little too panicky, at least seemed more so than EMH panther.

When EMH panther fell or was hit, he would land on his feet more often that not.... Total opposite in PQ with the only exception being the EP where BP vs Thor and Ironman.

EMH BP had a way of vanishing in a crowded space without anyone noticing until after BP is long gone....dude had that ninja finesse and was crazy light on them feet, lol.

EMH BP brilliantly did that to BOTH allies/Avengers/heroes and villains/foes.

Meanwhile in PQ, BP may as well as a bull in a China shop....in comparison.

EMH BP had consistency with the display of BPs abilities....in PQ, one minute BP can move faster than the eye can see (like when he fought Thor...which was cool) but next minute he can not run faster than some relic model motorcycle where Cap was able to catch up to BP very easily....and BP had a long head start at that. :insert double facepalm:.

Just look at all the superb stuff BP would do with his shape shifting energy daggers.

And the vibranium boots ...running, walking and standing perpendicular to and on walls/vertical surfaces.

Seriously, why were those taken away in PQ?
    I mean, it's easier to make a character who isn't the star look super cool and mysterious because they aren't the focus point. Making it easier to steal the shoe because they aren't constantly in the light. While you mentioned how cool it was that he only spoke when necessary, it also made him kinda just be there in the background which was annoying at times.

I would much rather see him like he was when he took over ad the leader of the Avengers or BP quest Where he is the focus. Because where as yes he may not of pulled some of the same mystique in EMH, he did pull some of that in PQ and he also pulled some level power that wasn't seen in EMH because he wasn't nthe focus

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean, it's easier to make a character who isn't the star look super cool and mysterious because they aren't the focus point. Making it easier to steal the shoe because they aren't constantly in the light. While you mentioned how cool it was that he only spoke when necessary, it also made him kinda just be there in the background which was annoying at times.

I would much rather see him like he was when he took over ad the leader of the Avengers or BP quest Where he is the focus. Because where as yes he may not of pulled some of the same mystique in EMH, he did pull some of that in PQ and he also pulled some level power that wasn't seen in EMH because he wasn't nthe focus
    Pretty much this, it's not too different from BP in Civil War vs BP in his own movie. Being part of an ensemble (especially for the first time) means you're gonna get a lot of small badass moments with plenty of mystique. Your time is limited so when a character does get the floor it's normally in a unique way to distinguish them from everyone else. But it takes more than that to construct a good solo character. They need to be demystified otherwise you don't truly get to understand them and what their world is about. And it's not just about characterization, a solo story tends to give a character better feats and more agency than just being a team player. So while I'd say EMH Panther had more mystery PQ Panther was more engaging as a fan.

It's a give and take which is why I'm hoping T'Challa continues to always have regular appearances in a team while still having a solo, preferably leading. He can't be Avengers chairman forever but I think it'd be great if Marvel took the Ultimates and turned it into a major team.