Page 344 of 750 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That's probably is a part of the reason why SOME "fans" do it, but it's not wrong so I judge the intention on a case by case basis. Though if we're being entirely honest, none of the Black Order have been that impressive since their initial appearance so it doesn't matter much at this point. Black Dwarf could be a decent recurring rogue for T'Challa when he goes on adventures to his space colonies as a kind of intergalactic bounty hunter (with Thanos dead and all).
    The one I think would have made a descent rogue is Proxima. She killed Shuri at least temporarily, so it would have been personal. Plus, unlike Black Dwarf, she didn't seem to suck. She took on almost all the Mighty Avengers single handedly, and they were no joke. So that could have been cool.

But I think the Black Order post Hickman have been watered down to the point where it wouldn't be as big a deal, especially with Shuri coming back to life to relative quickly.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Yeah. i know her history. I was there the first time it showed up.

You obviously haven't read House of X. Especially issue #5, pages 13 through 17.

She identifies as a mutant. That is her tribe, those are her people, her family, her brothers and sisters.

I don't make this stuff up.
    yes you do makes this stuff up:

uncanny xmen 196:

xtreme xmen 36

what is currently being written, including house of x, doesn't erase her history established before said stories where she acknowledges her African heritage, and thus black. also, in the hox story does she say she is only mutant and nothing more? her proclamation of being mutant was to inspire and offer a sense of pride to a community in which they all share a commonality that has resulted in their persecution. surely you don't think Hickman is suggesting she doesn't identify as black and African-American with that story? its obvious you don't like the character but there is no need for such obviously egregious statements as it relates to the premiere black female at marvel.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-31-2020 at 01:47 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I think they're ok enough characters but i think Hickman really oversold how powerful they were before infinity ever even began. Proxima and Corvus did some flat out absurd damage to Hulk and Hyperion but that to me was more a case of their weapons being overpowered and they really haven't done anything quite as impressive since.

They had i think a pretty decent showing against Nova in that mini series they had a year or two back but they individually can't take on squads of Avengers or however it was Hickman initially described them unless there's like zero powerhouses on said Avengers squad.
    They should of trashed the avengers to start and then when they split off individually BD should of been killed by BP. It was kinda stupid for him to die without doing anything at all.

There. Are. No. On. Panel. Feats. Of. T'challa. Being. Upgraded. By. KOTD.

It is fans wishful thinking based on a one word post on Hickman's old formspring? account.

He has always been, and will likely always be, in that range between "non enhanced human" and "spider-man." You can call that enhanced or peak human or whatever. Rumble boards call it "comic book peak human" which makes the most sense.

This attachment some of yall have to KOTD, a big nothing sandwich, is sad at this point. Its whole purpose was for Hickman to give T'challa his normal powers back + like 5 pages in Secret Wars.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

It is fans wishful thinking based on a one word post on Hickman's old formspring? account.

He has always been, and will likely always be, in that range between "non enhanced human" and "spider-man." You can call that enhanced or peak human or whatever. Rumble boards call it "comic book peak human" which makes the most sense.

This attachment some of yall have to KOTD, a big nothing sandwich, is sad at this point. Its whole purpose was for Hickman to give T'challa his normal powers back + like 5 pages in Secret Wars.
    I'd go further than that. Its entire purpose was so Hickman could pull off that worthless zombie scene.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'd go further than that. Its entire purpose was so Hickman could pull off that worthless zombie scene.
    I wouldn't say that was the ENTIRE purpose. I think the MAIN reason was to repower T'Challa and make him a "king" without taking anything away from Shuri YET.

But the zombie scene probably was something that he thought of and worked backwards to achieve.

In hindsight he clearly raised peoples expectations a bit too high with how he initially presented T'Challas power up (and his formspring response probably didn't help matters... I believe he literally said T'Challa was twice as strong as Spider-Man but I'm 99.99% sure he was saying it tongue and cheek).

Overall, complaints aside I think it was a good thing. It got T'Challa to where he needed to be in the story (powered up and able to go around calling himself a king even though he was a king with no actual subjects), while Shuri got to keep her throne and powers at least a little bit longer. He ran things while he got to run around and play super hero with his buddies... it was a nice short term win win for everyone.

BANNED

That's as sobar a take as it gets from you and the replied to poster MindofShadow in regards to the Kotd thing. T'Challa was de-powered and kotd returned him to status quo power level wise. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes you do makes this stuff up:

uncanny xmen 196:

xtreme xmen 36

what is currently being written, including house of x, doesn't erase her history established before said stories where she acknowledges her African heritage, and thus black. also, in the hox story does she say she is only mutant and nothing more? her proclamation of being mutant was to inspire and offer a sense of pride to a community in which they all share a commonality that has resulted in their persecution. surely you don't think Hickman is suggesting she doesn't identify as black and African-American with that story? its obvious you don't like the character but there is no need for such obviously egregious statements as it relates to the premiere black female at marvel.
    in fact it does PRECISELY that.

that's the entire point of the Krakoa storyline.

sorry.

She self-IDs as Mutant. They all do. That's what's up NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

curious. Does panther have "necromancy" power? Can he animate the physical dead? Can he command non-hostile ghosts? That would be a true upgrade.

the egyptian god Seker has some powers that could be cool if there was an Earth disciple of him:
    https://ancientegyptonline.co.uk/sokar/
    https://www.gods-and-goddesses.com/egyptian/seker/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. Does panther have "necromancy" power? Can he animate the physical dead? Can he command non-hostile ghosts? That would be a true upgrade.

the egyptian god Seker has some powers that could be cool if there was an Earth disciple of him:
    That's kind of up to debate. In Secret Wars 2 he was shown raising and controlling to some degree a host empowered zombies leading them in an assault on Doom's kingdom. It gets somewhat hazy up to now cause he has referenced once beyond that mini but hasn't displayed the power. Even the more recent issues of Avengers he went up against Moon Knight who had some zombies with him, but BP wasn't able to do squat to them.

So what you're saying is instead of Black Panther, the Illuminati needed Dr. Voodoo.

They could have gotten him at a cheaper price too.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    in fact it does PRECISELY that.

that's the entire point of the Krakoa storyline.

sorry.

She self-IDs as Mutant. They all do. That's what's up NOW.
    That was for the crowd, in council chambers she was the one petitioning that people should have to give up their lives outside of Krakoa. If she didnt still identify as black and African, she wouldn't need to bring that up. She could just live on Krakoa.

That was a result of the power up. the writer said it's so, so it's so no matter what naysayers may try to say.

All we know for sure is he can control zombies.

He's had to deal with vampires and mummies in Aarons Avengers run, and his KotD abilitis weren't utilized so I assume they don't effect other forms of the UNdead. In Coates run Shuri used her Griot abilities to animate the dead Wakandans while T'Challa did not, so we can presume he can't animate the dead. Though it's possible I suppose he could have done all of the above and simply chose not to.

But as of it, it's just controlling zombies. Aside from a few perks (ie talking to previous Panthers and summoning that spear), KotD appears to be just him getting roughly back to where he was prior to being depowered. I say roughly because he could be a little stronger and we just can't tell the difference.