Page 304 of 750 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 11243

The panther Megazord would have been in agents, but that got canceled. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Does that sword have significance? I haven't read anything in avengers/empyre in ages?

I prefer the fisticuffs, im assuming there will be an off hand mention about some tech disruptor or something though. That is what they usually do.

"tech is focused on the armanda above, lets meet them in the field to keep away from civilians" sorta thing lol

But, since this is alreayd been spoiled by the teaser, I won't get my hopes up. let me know how it goes whoever reads it lol
    sometimes yeah it can be fun, I know I wouldn't always want to see Wakanda just blow stuff up from a distance, but, having the main tech holding back the big guns? Yeah for sure, the smaller ground infantry that got through? Let's go to close quarters and whip out the close range tech. Plus at the very least the HZ should be sporting guns, if they wanted to playwuo a ranging battle, then show wakandan tech on the mix because that too looks awesome. I am tired of seeing the most advanced nation on earth aways running around with spears

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

seriously tho what happened to all of Wakandas advanced tech?
    Only thing I like about this is the art. The BP habit looks great. But I want to see some tanks, turrets, fighter jets and Prowlers dammit!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Btw, the sword T'Challa is using there is Excelsior. A Kree/Skrull hybrid magical sword. It's the same one we saw embedded into the throne in the recent trailer.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Excelsior_(Star-Sword)

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Btw, the sword T'Challa is using there is Excelsior. A Kree/Skrull hybrid magical sword. It's the same one we saw embedded into the throne in the recent trailer.

So what your saying is he killed Teddy and is using his own weapon to fight the bigger threat?

Make it so. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    My theory is that the editors don't want to admit that they screwed up in giving the book to Coates, so they double-down on how "landmark" it is, and hold off on greenlighting any T'Challa solo projects that might reflect poorly on the run.
    I mean, what I don't get is how they didn't seem to Notice (or maybe they did but didnt care) that Coates had zero love for T'Challa or Wakanda at all.

Like dude went 3 interviews or something before he said what he did like about the character and even then it wasn't much. How can you let someone like that on a book with one of your ips that just blew up and has shown you that there is a huge demographic that you haven't tapped into that you can access and instead of capitalizing on a writer that will bring out the best in the IP, you take a guy who has zero comic writing experience, give him full reign on the book without oversight, and then allow him to run his mouth and bring out the most racists, stereotypical isht that has plagued black people for forever and something writers like Priest, Hudlin and McGregor worked hard to break away from and Coates comes in full force to re-establish that isht into the minds of everyone and it made worse because he is a black man doing it.

I mean they should if listened to the pitch then asked what they're thoughts were on T'Challa and what his mythos means to them. Then got rid of the bad candidate (Coates) to make sure the best person was on the job

While I don't mind if he gets it by killing the dude who is currently wielding it for sure, I would like him to use his own tech and weapons himself that he owns

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    While I don't mind if he gets it by killing the dude who is currently wielding it for sure, I would like him to use his own tech and weapons himself that he owns
    I'd be good with. Just like he walked around the Ebony Blade for a few years. If it's well written this could be the next Secret Invasion.

... how did he get the sword?

So Wakanda is totally taking an L here eh?

Someone give me hope.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The panther Megazord would have been in agents, but that got canceled. Lol

I didnt realize that is what got cancelled
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, if you would have told me we would have gotten a 5 year? run that involved:

- T'challa justifying his past actions with the Avengers/Illuminati
    - Team ups with Luke Cage, Misty, other black heroes
    - new original villains whose powers were telepathic ish and mystical
    - looking into the God(s) of Wakanda and their roles
    - expanding the mythos of the Doras/Midnight Angels
    - seeing more past black panthers and history of Wakanda
    - a time traveling/worm hole story involving a future Wakandan Galactic Empire
    - Stelfreeze art
    - Acuna Art
    - tchalla fighting past panthers to assert his authority
    - return of killmonger

Man... I would have pumped my fist with tears in my eyes.

Impressive way to lay that out man. That's pretty much everything that we want yet the respect for the character and the love of the mythos was clearly not present. It's quite a lost opportunity

sometimes yeah it can be fun, I know I wouldn't always want to see Wakanda just blow stuff up from a distance, but, having the main tech holding back the big guns? Yeah for sure, the smaller ground infantry that got through? Let's go to close quarters and whip out the close range tech. Plus at the very least the HZ should be sporting guns, if they wanted to playwuo a ranging battle, then show wakandan tech on the mix because that too looks awesome. I am tired of seeing the most advanced nation on earth aways running around with spears
    We got it in red jacks cartoon. I just need to know whose twitter account i need to yell at for not giving him more opportunities on the character.

Ultimate Member

I mean, what I don't get is how they didn't seem to Notice (or maybe they did but didnt care) that Coates had zero love for T'Challa or Wakanda at all.

I think they went in under the idea that no matter what is done to him in the books folks will STILL buy it.

Hear me out

Because they have CONSTANTLY seen this with other books.

If there was a black people killing cloud from the Inhumans-WHO here would have bought that book and made life you know what for Inhuman fans?

If Black Panther lost his memory called himself Black D**k and roamed around in a toilet bowl city like *********who would buy it?

If Panther KILLED Hulking, Patriot, Kate and a few long MIA guys at a place to get mental help and covered it up-who here would buy it?

If Black Panther had a son that somehow got older and wants to run around with a team from the future-who here would buy it?

If Black Panther jr kidnapped a bunch of Avengers and made himself the leader and KEPT screwing up-who here buy it?

If Black Panther was in a book called Shuri and the Wakanda Corps and the artist told you this was HER book and everyone else is support cast-who would buy it?

Buying it under the stance of NOT enjoyment but out of some call to duty to support the character no matter how bad it gets.

Despite fan hate-5 of the above are from Distinguished Competition and have still get plenty or orders to clog up shelves.

When it comes to POC lead books-it does not matter how much we love Black Panther-most fans are going to say no thank you to the above and move on.
    With that group gone-your store is not going to over order the books.

You are not going to get spectators either nor bin diggers like me. Unless there is a variant cover I want-I would bypass them.

Marvel took a gamble and it failed direct market but trade wise it worked for awhile.

If Marvel got a writer who could win over both sides and STILL respect Panther-we might see more.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

seriously tho what happened to all of Wakandas advanced tech?
    what is this from?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'd be good with. Just like he walked around the Ebony Blade for a few years. If it's well written this could be the next Secret Invasion.
    I've vastly prefer him having claws. I've always liked the idea that he employs a martial art based on the movements of a jungle cat.