Page 184 of 750 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284684 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 11243

The entire 4+ years of this run have always had awesome covers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd argue that makes a lot of sense for a guy whose animal motif is a panther. Plus he's wearing black, a color that tends to make people look slimmer than they are.
    That's... really not an excuse...?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    That's... really not an excuse...?

Yeah, I know he isn't always drawn the way he is on that cover. It doesn't mean the depiction doesn't make sense for the reasons I stated.

It does remind me of how Alex Ross draws BP, which i loathe

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Yeah, I know he isn't always drawn the way he is on that cover. It doesn't mean the depiction doesn't make sense for the reasons I stated.
    I'm not saying I even hate it, because I don't like it when certain characters are drawn overly ripped but if someone says they feel like a character doesn't look imposing when they're supposed to, and when we know the character can look that way, I don't see the problem with me pointing out that it may have to do with how the character is drawn.

I'd argue that makes a lot of sense for a guy whose animal motif is a panther. Plus he's wearing black, a color that tends to make people look slimmer than they are.
    There are plenty of other covers where T'Challa Looks sleek and still has a commanding presence. Quite frankly the one solid constant in Coates era is that the covers have been consistently great overall. So for me to say I don't like how this particular cover doesn't have the same commanding presence given to other's as your attention is drawn elsewhere is me simply stating my opinion. Simply adding the accents would make the biggest difference

Helm even this cover he is still Black but has a commanding presence about him

Last edited by Ezyo1000; 04-06-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    There are plenty of other covers where T'Challa Looks sleek and still has a commanding presence. Quite frankly the one solid constant in Coates era is that the covers have been consistently great overall.
    Speaking as someone who bought a LOT of comics in the Dark Age...

A pretty cover catches the eye, but it takes a strong story to keep you coming back.

So yes... cool cover. I might quibble about the focal point being below the main characters, but that's a creative choice of the artist.

That doesn't make the book any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Need to reread New Avengers because I can't remember if this artist ever drew T'Challa's face. I would love his art in a BP book.
    Looks like Steve Epting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I can only think of few. When Namor tells T'Challa to sue for peace, T'Challa says the "What Giants do" line and when he gets banished from Wakanda

I could be wrong but I think this is Mike Deodoto. Not at home right now so I can't check to be certain.

new concept art from Ryan Meinerding

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    new concept art from Ryan Meinerding

Looks great! Everyone seems to have their own ideas about how they want to do his ears.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

A pretty cover catches the eye, but it takes a strong story to keep you coming back.

So yes... cool cover. I might quibble about the focal point being below the main characters, but that's a creative choice of the artist.

A pretty cover will get you a sale-see Supergirl covers or first issue variant covers that many store will over order a book (then cry that they are being bullied by Marvel & DC to buy when the rest of the series doesn't sell) to get certain covers for a quick sale.

Ask all the folks who bought those Stan Artegerm covers about the STORY in the books. They can't tell you a thing about it.

Oh for sure, I was simply acknowledging one of the few good things about Coates era.

I would take mediocre to okay covers all day if it meant getting boss level stories that were good.

Coates has had the benefit of same talented artists who had the misfortune of drawing for some terrible stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I could be wrong but I think this is Mike Deodoto. Not at home right now so I can't check to be certain.
    It looks like deodatos work. I'm about 99% sure. I really like his art and how it looks