Page 194 of 297 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 4455
  1. #2896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I really don't understand the obsession of trying to get rid of T'Challa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Is this rhetorical, cause I think everyone posting here (even his detractors) know exactly why.

  2. #2897
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Is this rhetorical, cause I think everyone posting here (even his detractors) know exactly why.
    I know why I'm just confused that is all.

    Also, somebody on twitter did a poll as to which mcu movie were people looking forward to the most for 2022 and by a large margin, CM 2 took got the most votes even though CM didn't garner the reception and commercial success as BP did.

    Weird.

  3. #2898
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I know why I'm just confused that is all.

    Also, somebody on twitter did a poll as to which mcu movie were people looking forward to the most for 2022 and by a large margin, CM 2 took got the most votes even though CM didn't garner the reception and commercial success as BP did.

    Weird.
    Panther made people think more. I think it will be a success like the first, but no one likes taking their medicine

  4. #2899
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I get you, and agree with you. Its still aggravating to see the continued tagging of the let Shuri, and now even Namor to replace him. I do have an issue with why Feige came out so early to say that Carol and not T'challa is taking fo us lead of things Avengers related.
    I think part of this comes from how T'Challa is written in the Black Panther movie. He is basically a cypher for Wakanda and most of the really dynamic parts in film come from the characters around him. Think about the emotionally powerful Killmonger scenes, the comedy and brilliance from Shuri, Okoye's stern strength and Nakia pragmatic outreach. T'Challa reacts to everything around him but does not push the narrative. Coogler stated in an interview that he at first did not get or really like T'Challa. She saw him as a really too privileged character and you can see that in how Killmonger was written. I think that is why so many people are passionate about Shuri, Okoye and other characters in the film.

    I for one think that the MCU T'Challa pales in comparison to the comic book T'Challa. I believe that CA: Civil War T'Challa is a more powerful character that BP movie T'Challa. It's hard to believe that it is the same character. Where is the physics genius? That was given to Shui. Shuri did say in one line that T'Challa designed the Civil War armor but we never see his intelligent strategic mind besides deciding to fight Killmonger in the train railway.

    Most of the characters around T'Challa have the truly moving dynamic lines. Think about Killmonger beating T'Challa in the challenge fight and him yelling, "Is this your King? Is this your protector?" When T'Challa defeats Eric, Eric is the one to say "Hell of a move." T'Challa says nothing until he says we may be able to save you. And Killmonger get the most powerful line in the movie when he dies. I remember reading the Black Panther vs Deadpool mini and Deadpool actually says "That movie version of you is way nicer than the comic book version." Okoyes get powerful moments especially when confronting her husband when he asks if she will kill him. M'Baku has his great moments. My point is I have seen people post memes and ideas Shuri, Nakia and even Okoye as BP in the future. T'Challa was written as this stoic, quietly confident roll that is likable but not a dynamic lead. That is why I believe you are seeing so many Shuri as BP memes and post. It's a direct reflection of how T'Challa was written in his movie.

  5. #2900
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I really don't understand the obsession of trying to get rid of T'Challa.
    I do.
    He was severely nerfed in his own movie to better showcase his supporting cast and thusly was overshadowed.

  6. #2901
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I do.
    He was severely nerfed in his own movie to better showcase his supporting cast and thusly was overshadowed.
    This is wrong in so many ways.

  7. #2902
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    This is wrong in so many ways.
    Whether you agree or not, its become the prevailing thought and has lead to calls for others to lead. So it's reality. If it was that untrue then it wouldn't be such a prevailing sentiment.
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-22-2020 at 09:57 AM.

  8. #2903
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I really don't understand the obsession of trying to get rid of T'Challa.
    I think the pattern is being established where most of the core heroes are possibly getting replacements lined up.

    Steve is already gone and replaced by Sam. Tony likewise is gone, and potentially will get some sort of Iron Heart replacement. Potentially. Thor seems to have one foot out the door with a female Thor all lined up.

    Because T'Challa was replaced by Shuri in the comics, I think people see her as a viable replacement for T'Challa down the line. The actress who plays Shuri is half the age of he actor who plays T'Challa, so she potentially can be around for a good deal of time after he's done.

    But the key is after he's done. I don't know how many movies Boseman has left in his contract, but I'm sure given the sucess marvel had with the first BP movie they will milk that for everything it's worth until he's done. Then Shuri can get her time to shine.

    I do think people are a bit premature over their talk of him leaving. But in the same breath, I do think this is something people who down the line be prepared for the same way Captain America and Iron Man fans needed to prepare themselves. The movies aren't like the comics, where no heroes ever walk off into the sunset. All the marvel characters likely have a finate number of apprearances before they're cycled out and replaced.

    Course, it was initially reported that Boseman only has a 5 movie deal with marvel. If nothing has changed since then (and hopefully it has), in theory the next BP movie could be his last. Maybe that's a part of the reason why there's so much talk. But I would assume in the LEAST they would try and get him for another Avengers film if not a full trilogy of BP movies.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-22-2020 at 10:09 AM.

  9. #2904
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Black Panther hasn't been around or been showcased in the way Cap and Iron man has. So calls to replace him aren't the same.
    He needs a better showing

  10. #2905
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Black Panther hasn't been around or been showcased in the way Cap and Iron man has. So calls to replace him aren't the same.
    He needs a better showing
    Again it may be a matter of necessity. If the earlier reports that Boseman only has a 5 picture deal are accurate, Bp2 in theory will be his last film.

    Hopefully Boseman has signed on to do more, but if that's not the case marvel and the fans should be prepared for them to move on.

  11. #2906
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Black Panther hasn't been around or been showcased in the way Cap and Iron man has. So calls to replace him aren't the same.
    He needs a better showing
    To be honest, this is somewhat true.

    Marvel removing the original concept of him destroying the Chituari Levithan due to the energy absorbed from The Hulk's punch in Endgame was a big mistake.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 04-22-2020 at 10:27 AM.

  12. #2907
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I think part of this comes from how T'Challa is written in the Black Panther movie. He is basically a cypher for Wakanda and most of the really dynamic parts in film come from the characters around him. Think about the emotionally powerful Killmonger scenes, the comedy and brilliance from Shuri, Okoye's stern strength and Nakia pragmatic outreach. T'Challa reacts to everything around him but does not push the narrative. Coogler stated in an interview that he at first did not get or really like T'Challa. She saw him as a really too privileged character and you can see that in how Killmonger was written. I think that is why so many people are passionate about Shuri, Okoye and other characters in the film.
    I for one think that the MCU T'Challa pales in comparison to the comic book T'Challa. I believe that CA: Civil War T'Challa is a more powerful character that BP movie T'Challa. It's hard to believe that it is the same character. Where is the physics genius? That was given to Shui. Shuri did say in one line that T'Challa designed the Civil War armor but we never see his intelligent strategic mind besides deciding to fight Killmonger in the train railway.
    CW T'Challa being stronger is almost laughable. I can pick basically any one feat he did in BP that stops everything he did in CW. What genius was there in CW? He was an idiot who strategy was 99% just attack. What's wore is that he was the only person fighting seriously in Civil War most of the time while everybody else wasn't and he walked away with more Ls than anybody. It was especially sad when he got schooled by Cap(who was holding back) when he had WM supporting him or the fact he was restrained by Hawkeye.

    What feat in CW did T'Challa have that's equal or greater than nearly throwing someone through a truck? When it comes to intelligence, especially when it comes to strategy, you wasnt paying attention if you think it was showcased only during the train fight. The best example of his strategic mind is during the forest fight. There's no discussion that can be made about CW T'Challa having a plan on that level.

    Most of the characters around T'Challa have the truly moving dynamic lines. Think about Killmonger beating T'Challa in the challenge fight and him yelling, "Is this your King? Is this your protector?" When T'Challa defeats Eric, Eric is the one to say "Hell of a move." T'Challa says nothing until he says we may be able to save you. And Killmonger get the most powerful line in the movie when he dies. I remember reading the Black Panther vs Deadpool mini and Deadpool actually says "That movie version of you is way nicer than the comic book version." Okoyes get powerful moments especially when confronting her husband when he asks if she will kill him. M'Baku has his great moments. My point is I have seen people post memes and ideas Shuri, Nakia and even Okoye as BP in the future. T'Challa was written as this stoic, quietly confident roll that is likable but not a dynamic lead. That is why I believe you are seeing so many Shuri as BP memes and post. It's a direct reflection of how T'Challa was written in his movie.
    No they didn't. The only one to have any "deep" lines or moments is Killmonger. Shuri had none of that, she was the comedic relief and neither did Nakia. If Okoye and W'Kabi's relationship was more fleshed out than this would be true but it wasn't. Neither Nakia or Okoye get post about becoming BP in the future. Shuri gets it because of comics and everyone thinking that it was going to happen after IW where he died. All the powerful/deep moments came from T'Challa and Killmonger. If the scene with W'Kabi wasn't deleted then an argument could be made for Okoye but she really only has one compared to the multiple that T'Challa and Erik has. For T'Challa to have been stoic, he'd have to have been emotionless which isn't the case and he has the most emotional moments in the film.

  13. #2908
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Is there any validity to the rumors regarding Chadwick Boseman and the next Black Panther movie? The sources reporting have been "Cosmic News" & "We have this covered", so I am not convinced. But since no one at Marvel has refuted the claims, I wonder.

  14. #2909
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Is there any validity to the rumors regarding Chadwick Boseman and the next Black Panther movie? The sources reporting have been "Cosmic News" & "We have this covered", so I am not convinced. But since no one at Marvel has refuted the claims, I wonder.
    Marvel loves the rumors. It makes any real leaks unreliable. They take the time to shoot trailer scenes that aren't part of the movie, why dispel rumors when they have nothing to lose.

  15. #2910
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    CW T'Challa being stronger is almost laughable. I can pick basically any one feat he did in BP that stops everything he did in CW. What genius was there in CW? He was an idiot who strategy was 99% just attack. What's wore is that he was the only person fighting seriously in Civil War most of the time while everybody else wasn't and he walked away with more Ls than anybody. It was especially sad when he got schooled by Cap(who was holding back) when he had WM supporting him or the fact he was restrained by Hawkeye.

    What feat in CW did T'Challa have that's equal or greater than nearly throwing someone through a truck? When it comes to intelligence, especially when it comes to strategy, you wasnt paying attention if you think it was showcased only during the train fight. The best example of his strategic mind is during the forest fight. There's no discussion that can be made about CW T'Challa having a plan on that level.



    No they didn't. The only one to have any "deep" lines or moments is Killmonger. Shuri had none of that, she was the comedic relief and neither did Nakia. If Okoye and W'Kabi's relationship was more fleshed out than this would be true but it wasn't. Neither Nakia or Okoye get post about becoming BP in the future. Shuri gets it because of comics and everyone thinking that it was going to happen after IW where he died. All the powerful/deep moments came from T'Challa and Killmonger. If the scene with W'Kabi wasn't deleted then an argument could be made for Okoye but she really only has one compared to the multiple that T'Challa and Erik has. For T'Challa to have been stoic, he'd have to have been emotionless which isn't the case and he has the most emotional moments in the film.
    Even T'Challa was holding back to some degree against everyone except Bucky. He obviously didn't want to kill or even seriously hurt anyone else.

    I don't think anyone looked bad there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •