Page 450 of 750 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452453454460500550 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 11243

Speaking of Milton Davis...

My great friend Ronald T. Jones (I mean like known him since 1990 worked at the same job once upon the time in a galaxy far far away) has done some spec sci-fi with Milton as we all used to interact collectively at blacksciencefictionsociety.com and the now defunct blacksuperhero.com

https://www.amazon.com/Ronald-T.-Jon...ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Ronald is the author of multiple sci-fi books and and has assited me creatively on something I will be announcing real soon!

He was in Cali recently and has not fully recovered from the Vader: Immortal experience in our mancave with the Oculus Quest which serves as an inspiration for something I am diabolically working on presently!

Years ago we always talked about a "Black" Star Wars and what it would take and we both agreed back then that Black Panther was the odds on favor to lead that charge!

We once took a road trip from Chicago to Philadelphia for ECBAC (East Coast Black Age of Comics) with my son and learned that there are some really talented black creators out there but what was often missing was that George Lucas/Steven Spielberg will to carry their vision beyond the printed pages!

I always say that white creators put their pants on the same way as black creators do and what we learned form the "Wakanda Forever" movie was that if you bring your A game anything can happen!

With that said I suggest reading Ronald's Warriors of The Four Worlds where a black male lead saves the human race from extinction and exposes why he and I have remained friends far longer than the Quantum Realm could ever reveal...

https://www.amazon.com/Warriors-Four.../dp/B00585GGLY

P.S. Ronald is also the inspiration for most of my Black Panther based fan fiction as I learned a lot from his open minded approach but he still ignores my plea to have Mshindo do his cover art!
    Get Hectic!

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-08-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Not to keep derailing the thread but have any of you read Valiants' Magnus: Robot Fighter or Rai and The Future Force from the mid 90s? There was a Black character named Spylocke that is one of the most badass and intelligent Black characters you'll find in comics.
    No it's not a derail, it's a reminder there are other books to read if BP is not doing it for you.

It's better in the long run for Black Panther to read others and maybe Marvel sees that competition to seek or at least try for better versus what we ahve seen in the past.

Especially in light of some of the toxic behavior we have seen and that is brewing elsewhere.

STORMZY - SUPERHEROES

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post

STORMZY - SUPERHEROES
    That.. was amazing thank you for sharing it.. also this segued into Chadwicks speech at Howard University... Had me tearing up a little ngl. Something about the way he spoke was so powerful. It makes me feel a drop in my stomach remembering he is gone. Truly a wonderful person and a massive inspiration.. truly TRULY sad he lost that battle with cancer

Astonishing Member

The same theatre where the late and great Chadwick Boseman was first revealed to be Black Panther six years ago paid tribute to the actor.

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Going by Empyre: Avengers Aftermath it looks like Manifold is back with “his people” over in the X-books. Ewing seems to be setting up a new SWORD book focused on cosmic mutants so it’ll be interesting (and possibly disheartening) to see what Eden has to say about his time in Wakanda. If that’s referenced at all lol. Could he have been a spy ever since Krakoa was established? Is his relationship with Shuri still a thing? Ewing’s a big continuity guy so maybe these questions can be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Going by Empyre: Avengers Aftermath it looks like Manifold is back with “his people” over in the X-books. Ewing seems to be setting up a new SWORD book focused on cosmic mutants so it’ll be interesting (and possibly disheartening) to see what Eden has to say about his time in Wakanda. If that’s referenced at all lol. Could he have been a spy ever since Krakoa was established? Is his relationship with Shuri still a thing? Ewing’s a big continuity guy so maybe these questions can be answered.
    Though I appreciated the life boat the BP books gave Manifold, a group like SWORD is a much better fit for him. He's the perfect character for any sort of cosmic setting, and as we saw in the recent BP arcs he's potentially a very powerful and dangerous character.

I will be interesting to see if Shuri and him are still a thing. I do think Shuri should do more outside the BP books... I don't think she needs to be a regular in SWORD or anything but it might be cool if she occasionally shows up.

Ultimate Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/chri...-comic-for-dc/

oday DC Comics has launched a new digital-first comic book, called Represent! The first issue is free and available now, It's a Bird by Christian Cooper and Alitha E. Martinez. You may recognise Christian Cooper as the former Marvel Comics editor and Star Trek comics writer accosted in New York's Central Park while birdwatching, with threats that the person would call the police and tell them that an "African American man" was threatening her, with all that this implied. The event received national coverage and was a contributing factor to the rise of the #BlackLivesMatter movement.
    Martinez worked on Priest and Hudlin's runs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I appreciated the life boat the BP books gave Manifold, a group like SWORD is a much better fit for him. He's the perfect character for any sort of cosmic setting, and as we saw in the recent BP arcs he's potentially a very powerful and dangerous character.

I will be interesting to see if Shuri and him are still a thing. I do think Shuri should do more outside the BP books... I don't think she needs to be a regular in SWORD or anything but it might be cool if she occasionally shows up.
    Manifold in theory could’ve worked as a part of Black Panther supporting cast but I agree he’s better served in a cosmic title. He’s a young, non-Wakandan black male with visually compelling and somewhat distinct powers but I don’t think Coates did nearly enough to really immerse him in the franchise outside some feats and a largely off-panel romance with Shuri. A space book definitely fits him much better especially since he has cosmic experience per the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda.

If we take the exchange between Hodari and Magneto in X-Men #4 at face value I think that Wakanda and Krakoa are on peaceful terms. So depending on how “pro-mutant” Ewing wants to make the book I could definitely see Shuri making an appearance every now and then, especially if in Marauders #13, which features her and T’Challa, brings her closer to the X-Men mythos. She’d be great as part of the tech support team. Not sure if I’d want her to be there but it makes sense if Ewing wanted to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Manifold in theory could’ve worked as a part of Black Panther supporting cast but I agree he’s better served in a cosmic title. He’s a young, non-Wakandan black male with visually compelling and somewhat distinct powers but I don’t think Coates did nearly enough to really immerse him in the franchise outside some feats and a largely off-panel romance with Shuri. A space book definitely fits him much better especially since he has cosmic experience per the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda.

If we take the exchange between Hodari and Magneto in X-Men #4 at face value I think that Wakanda and Krakoa are on peaceful terms. So depending on how “pro-mutant” Ewing wants to make the book I could definitely see Shuri making an appearance every now and then, especially if in Marauders #13, which features her and T’Challa, brings her closer to the X-Men mythos. She’d be great as part of the tech support team. Not sure if I’d want her to be there but it makes sense if Ewing wanted to go that route.
    I wouldn't want Shuri to be in any sort of status quo which takes her completely out of the BP mythos... but it would be nice to occasionally see her in a setting apart from T'Challa where they don't have to split tech feats. And a space setting really is the best place to show her tech shining.

IF this ends up being an Ewing book, I'd be comfortable with her actually being on the team. If it's a Hickman book it's a bit scarier... I like Hickman and all, but he tends to leave scorched earth whever he lands. For better or for worse, it's a part of his charm. But Ewings respect for characters and continuity is tight enough for me to feel comfortable with it in theory. Again, so long as it doesn't remove her from the BP books due to its status quo (whatever that may be).

I wasn't sure where to ask this, so i figured that here would be better.

I wanted to know, what are the main differences between ComicKillmonger and the MCU version of the characther?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

I wanted to know, what are the main differences between ComicKillmonger and the MCU version of the characther?.
    Depends on what you mean by "main". His basic wanting to take over the country is in all versions. However he does have personality differences. Before Priest, he thought technology ruined Wakanda( Tchalla introduced it) and wanted to return it to a more tribal feel. But than Priest wrote him and he was all about economics. He was basically a Star Trek Farangi. After Priest he just sticks to the standard of wanting to take over with the personality of a despot with a Cult of Personality.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Comixology has every single issue of Black Panther, Shuri, Killmonger and Wakanda Forever for free. Don’t know if this was just added today or if I missed it mentioned elsewhere. Great way to promote the character and memory of Chadwick and it means I can catch up with some decent runs...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "main". His basic wanting to take over the country is in all versions. However he does have personality differences. Before Priest, he thought technology ruined Wakanda( Tchalla introduced it) and wanted to return it to a more tribal feel. But than Priest wrote him and he was all about economics. He was basically a Star Trek Farangi. After Priest he just sticks to the standard of wanting to take over with the personality of a despot with a Cult of Personality.
    In that sense, I think the MCU take added a lot of needed nuance to Killmonger's character, not that nuance was necessarily lacking in Priest's version, given Priest's penchant for villains or antagonists who raise valid points about the flaws of the protagonists and the societies and/or ideals they're defending or representing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.