Page 650 of 750 FirstFirst ... 150550600640646647648649650651652653654660700 ... LastLast
Results 9,736 to 9,750 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Yes that part I know. I’m asking is it monthly. Because I did not see Issues 24 and 25 mentioned in February.
    I would assume monthly at this point.

Just finished DCs Other History of the DC Universe. John Ridley has my endorsement as a potential BP writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Just finished DCs Other History of the DC Universe. John Ridley has my endorsement as a potential BP writer.
    I was on the fence about picking that up. Especially with my LCS limiting what he gets from DC.

So you say it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    You're missing the point of the post. Look at the context behind the "no one man" bull crap and regarding the rape camps, the fact that T'Challa didn't know about it emphasises that he either knew about it and did nothing or that he's that crap of a protector and leader he was overwhelmingly oblivious to the mess that was going on right under his nose. Either scenario is a false depiction of who the character is and a deliberate act to assassinate T'Challa's character and overall being. There's no middle ground here, just 2 extremes of defecating on one of the most important characters in all of fiction.
    This goes back to what I said a few pages back. He didn't know giant ass rape treehouses (which is another racist stereotype about Black folks) were running rampant and he was too distracted (while dreaming of hiding away in a lab and holding his people in contempt) to notice, and then add to insult Shuris comments to rape victims. When Priest had T'Challa know and go immediately to America when the girl of his tomorrow find was killed and he raised hell. In Hudlins run he showed he loved his people and wants to be King on multiple occasions, and Shuri has shown what she would do and the lengths when it comes to Wakandans... Then all of a sudden Coates comes along and they don't know what is going on in their own country, despite knowing what's going on around the world, and apparently Shuri is cool with Wakandan women getting raped and killed??? Yeah miss me with that straight bullisht

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I was on the fence about picking that up. Especially with my LCS limiting what he gets from DC.

It's more than worth it. It's an excellent read.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Sir that book was a MASTER CLASS on character development. Some want to harp on what BL did in the beginning but ignore how he changed over time.

If he can do justice to the never seen marriage and courtship of Bumblebee and Guardian-Ridley could do justice to the doomed marriage of Panther and you know who. Something that would have both saving face and make everyone happy.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Sir that book was a MASTER CLASS on character development. Some want to harp on what BL did in the beginning but ignore how he changed over time.

If he can do justice to the never seen marriage and courtship of Bumblebee and Guardian-Ridley could do justice to the doomed marriage of Panther and you know who. Something that would have both saving face and make everyone happy.
    Sounds like ringing endorsements. I'm already looking forward to John Ridley's work on The Next Batman in DC's upcoming Future State, but this is definitely something I'm gonna check out, too. And I agree, John Ridley writing Black Panther would be a real marvel --- pun fully intended.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    T'Challa wants to be a scientist instead.
    That scientist thing lololololololol

Another great Coates mistep considering the MCU dropped and the one thing they took away from Tchalla was his science gene lol

oh lawd

Dude retconned one of priest greatest most bad ass moments of T'challa spying on the Avengers to say T'challa likes science instead.

T;challa and Coates is a match made in hell lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    MAN yall really don't dig Coates stuff eh?
    Even Coates lost his supporters after season 1.

Since then, it is only Storm fans and people who like Stelfreeze/Acuna art left lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It’s just boring to me. I can read a bad book if it’s so bad it’s entertaining, but a boring book gets dropped quick. I don’t get how someone like Coates who made his name writing about black fatherhood and black masculinity in his essays is seemingly so uninterested in those topics with his comics, to the extent he sidelines all the men and focuses on the women instead. I’m puzzled why he has decided to go that route. When he does focus on the men it tended to cast them as failures which isn’t fun to read about when I’m here for T’Challa.

he should do a Marvel Universe version of that series. The point of view character can be... Hmm....

Well for the sake of reflecting the diversity of the fan base. Some of us don’t actually hate Coates’ stuff. I really dig the intergalactic stuff. Just waiting on the ending now.
    The earlier chapters had some problems but I still enjoyed them overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s just boring to me. I can read a bad book if it’s so bad it’s entertaining, but a boring book gets dropped quick. I don’t get how someone like Coates who made his name writing about black fatherhood and black masculinity in his essays is seemingly so uninterested in those topics with his comics, to the extent he sidelines all the men and focuses on the women instead. I’m puzzled why he has decided to go that route. When he does focus on the men it tended to cast them as failures which isn’t fun to read about when I’m here for T’Challa.
    Actually read his book. At the end of the day, it was depressing exposition of ultimate ineffectualness of same said black male masculinity and fatherhood. He came to conclusions about the vastness of the enemies aligned against us, but to somehow internalize it and find strength to persevere.

How would we classify the military branches using Us military branch classifications?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    All I can legally say is, if you see my name on a Big 2 project in 2021, please break your habits and come check them out.

It's about to go down.

For real.
    You mean this for the other guy who was badmouthing the Big 2?

Regardless, I appreciate a writer actually coming to fan forums and promoting their work while respectfully interacting with fans. It's nice to see.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?