Page 595 of 750 FirstFirst ... 95495545585591592593594595596597598599605645695 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Which is why they will always have a staleness to them because they can never seem to progress past taking the Black/ poc experience in america and slapping it onto their majority white mutants for their "oppression"
    It's why comics in general frankly have a staleless. Status quo is king. It's both a blessing and a curse for comics. If you enjoy shifts from status quo like X-Men in Krakoa or T'Challa defending Hells Kitchen or Jane being Thor, enjoy it while it lasts because it WON'T last. And if you DON'T like any of that the good news is T'Challa returned to Wakanda, Odinson got his hammer back, and the X-Men WILL be back at the school like nothing happened before you know it. American comic book storytelling is stale, but safe. Marvel hates REAL change almost as much as most die hard readers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Aaron needs to get to this. Lol.

Yeah, let's get to it! Get the Phoenix out of the way and get to the good stuff.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's why comics in general frankly have a staleless. Status quo is king. It's both a blessing and a curse for comics. If you enjoy shifts from status quo like X-Men in Krakoa or T'Challa defending Hells Kitchen or Jane being Thor, enjoy it while it lasts because it WON'T last. And if you DON'T like any of that the good news is T'Challa returned to Wakanda, Odinson got his hammer back, and the X-Men WILL be back at the school like nothing happened before you know it. American comic book storytelling is stale, but safe. Marvel hates REAL change almost as much as most die hard readers do.
    They hate it largely because it doesn't make them money, because that's all a corporation cares about in the end --- making money. Alienating, embittering, and infuriating fans who will then spread negative word of mouth about the new status quo causes them to lose money, and while there will be praise by critics and at least some fans for taking things in a "bold new direction," that negative publicity builds up and casts an ever-heavier cloud over the whole thing until the corporation finally decides to cut its losses and return to the old defaults. That's how it goes.

On another note, I'm looking forward to seeing if Jason Aaron can stick the landing on this global superhuman arms race he's been building up --- the Squadron Supreme of America, the Winter Guard, the Defenders of the Deep, Dracula's vampire nation, among others, with the Avengers presumably caught in the middle trying to avert as much loss of innocent lives as possible and Black Panther maneuvering everyone as necessary to ultimately outwit Mephisto, who has been pulling the strings behind at least the Squadron. If he can, he'll at least go out on a high note.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    They hate it largely because it doesn't make them money, because that's all a corporation cares about in the end --- making money. Alienating, embittering, and infuriating fans who will then spread negative word of mouth about the new status quo causes them to lose money, and while there will be praise by critics and at least some fans for taking things in a "bold new direction," that negative publicity builds up and casts an ever-heavier cloud over the whole thing until the corporation finally decides to cut its losses and return to the old defaults. That's how it goes.

On another note, I'm looking forward to seeing if Jason Aaron can stick the landing on this global superhuman arms race he's been building up --- the Squadron Supreme of America, the Winter Guard, the Defenders of the Deep, Dracula's vampire nation, among others, with the Avengers presumably caught in the middle trying to avert as much loss of innocent lives as possible and Black Panther maneuvering everyone as necessary to ultimately outwit Mephisto, who has been pulling the strings behind at least the Squadron. If he can, he'll at least go out on a high note.
    I don't think Aaron will be able to stick to the landing insofar as we'll be able to get some sort of modern day masterpiece that Hickman at least POTENTIALLY will be able to to pull off in his runs... but I DO believe in the least Aaron can pull off a fun story with some really big really cool fights. We're getting what we're getting now, and we'll get more of the same. And I at least can live with that, despite the obvious short comings Aaron has. If you enjoy what he's putting out now, odds are descent you'll get more of the same. If you're not enjoying what you're getting so far, then expecting anything more is likely setting yourself up for disappointment.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think Aaron will be able to stick to the landing insofar as we'll be able to get some sort of modern day masterpiece that Hickman at least POTENTIALLY will be able to to pull off in his runs... but I DO believe in the least Aaron can pull off a fun story with some really big really cool fights. We're getting what we're getting now, and we'll get more of the same. And I at least can live with that, despite the obvious short comings Aaron has. If you enjoy what he's putting out now, odds are descent you'll get more of the same. If you're not enjoying what you're getting so far, then expecting anything more is likely setting yourself up for disappointment.
    I'm not expecting a Hickman-style epic, but I am expecting Aaron to at least deliver a solid arc and ending with that escalating global superhuman arms race he's been building towards, especially if he can put in a good showing for Black Panther as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Aaron needs to get to this. Lol.

Wrong Squad, looks like

Pulled this from the Storm thread. They trying to have history repeat itself line by line. Lol.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Honestly, do we even need to bring it up over here lol. I think it's best left over there. That's where she belongs, no?

Should they just have Logan and TChalla battle over storm? One fight, winner take all? Seeing her go back and forth is played.

Pulled this from the Storm thread. They trying to have history repeat itself line by line. Lol.

Well, got nothing to do with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Should they just have Logan and TChalla battle over storm? One fight, winner take all? Seeing her go back and forth is played.
    Nope. Not necessary for BP. He concedes the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, got nothing to do with us.
    Just solidifying our success. Lol
    Last edited by Cville; 10-29-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Nope. Not necessary for BP. He concedes the fight.
    It's probably a fakeout tbh but if it isn't let's hope this is the final nail in the coffin for BP-Storm. All the next writer needs to do is bring back Malaika and make Monica an interesting character, shouldn't be too hard lol.

Just solidifying out success. Lol
    Happy Dance Time!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It's probably a fakeout tbh but if it isn't let's hope this is the final nail in the coffin for BP-Storm. All the next writer needs to do is bring back Malaika and make Monica an interesting character, shouldn't be too hard lol.
    If it's true, then there will be some very happy people.

I will be one of them.

Thanks bro. I really want to refine my work on paper/canvas. I think maybe in the future I might give digital art a try but that will be a long time from now.
    Really this drawing I'm working on it my real first test to see how well I can transfer my skills. I mean I could always draw on paper then Scan it to my computer and edit it, but I want to try digital from scratch.. there are definitely some nice things about drawing on the tablet though