Page 24 of 750 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We don't know if Steve consulted with T'Challa. Did they come up with a strategy together or did Steve pick a team and go off on his own?

If T'Challa is leading the Avengers then these things should run through him.

Steve's a great leader and tactician but so is BP(not this wacky Coates version). I'd hate to see his other abilities ignored.
    It's obviously a bit too early to know what's going on... but at least based on the covers it appears like T'Challa might be in a group that's off in space. If that's the case, he might not even be around to consult. We'll have to wait and see.

Historically speaking, "fate" often does end up deciding a lot of the line ups of Steves pick up Avenger teams. Having Steve lead a team made up of whomever shows up or just happens to be available is a fairly common story device for Avenger stories. So it might be as simple as that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    getting Redjack on the book would generate buzz. The BP cartoon has gotten a few nominations already with a couple more recently. The show was liked and widely accepted, and Redjack knows how to write BP. Give him an artist like Acuna and let him go to work and watch the sales steady and not hemorrhage needing constant gimmicks from Marvel.
    Agreed 100%.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

With T'Challa usually somewhere in the back in Avengers covers you wouldn't think that he's the leader if u don't read the series.
    Does anybody know how much these issues are gonna cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Does anybody know how much these issues are gonna cost?
    $4.99 minimum I'm assuming.

I'm finding it harder and harder to give a damn.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Taskmaster might be using T'Challa's fighting style in Black Widow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Only if its equal to HBOs' Spawn level of grittiness
    HBO’s Spawn? God I might get a subscription

Didn’t Kasper get a new look and name, last time he appeared?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Taskmaster might be using T'Challa's fighting style in Black Widow

Might complaint with the thought of that well it’s cool too

Positive:
    1.) References Black Panther and Taskmaster have fought or he fought some Black Panther before
    2.) We might see Black Panther due to this or get it brought up again in a neat way

Negative:
    1.) Black Widow is obviously going to have to overcome Taskmaster in the film. Meaning she’ll beat Black Panther’s fighting style

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Might complaint with the thought of that well it’s cool too

Positive:
    1.) References Black Panther and Taskmaster have fought or he fought some Black Panther before
    2.) We might see Black Panther due to this or get it brought up again in a neat way

Negative:
    1.) Black Widow is obviously going to have to overcome Taskmaster in the film. Meaning she’ll beat Black Panther’s fighting style
    Taskmaster doesn't need to have fought someone in order to learn their moves. He actually learns by watching them, and in the comics he's typically learned someone's fighting style by watching videos of them. So I doubt he's fought T'Challa or a Black Panther.

My guess is, he's somehow seen footage of the airport fight that happened during Civil War and that's how he's learned how to fight like T'Challa. He also mimics Cap's fighting style with the shield and Hawkeye's use of the bow and arrow, as well as Natasha's fighting style as seen in the trailer, and he may have learned these from watching the airport fight too.

Lastly, Nat beating Tasky in a fight if he's using BP's style doesn't mean much. Copying T'Challa doesn't give you his enhanced physical stats, his fighting experience or his tactical awareness. It's why despite memorising several fighting abilities he can still be beaten pretty easily.

HBO’s Spawn? God I might get a subscription

Didn’t Kasper get a new look and name, last time he appeared?
    Look, yes. Name, no.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Taskmaster doesn't need to have fought someone in order to learn their moves. He actually learns by watching them, and in the comics he's typically learned someone's fighting style by watching videos of them. So I doubt he's fought T'Challa or a Black Panther.

My guess is, he's somehow seen footage of the airport fight that happened during Civil War and that's how he's learned how to fight like T'Challa. He also mimics Cap's fighting style with the shield and Hawkeye's use of the bow and arrow, as well as Natasha's fighting style as seen in the trailer, and he may have learned these from watching the airport fight too.

Lastly, Nat beating Tasky in a fight if he's using BP's style doesn't mean much. Copying T'Challa doesn't give you his enhanced physical stats, his fighting experience or his tactical awareness. It's why despite memorising several fighting abilities he can still be beaten pretty easily.
    Fair points, it would be cool if we could see extensive footage or a flashback of the Civil War fights through this

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Look, yes. Name, no.
    Were we even told what his new codename is?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Look, yes. Name, no.
    Aw, ok. Has he done anything ever since?

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Were we even told what his new codename is?
    Nope, unless it's "guy in white who stands in the back"

Aw, ok. Has he done anything ever since?
    He's shown up in the occasional crowd/fight scene. I don't think he's spoken a word of dialogue.