Page 341 of 484 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 7252
  1. #5101
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,349

    Default

    Shit, if they wanna use spears, cool, whatever.

    Can they at least be... cool spears lol? Shoot lasers with concussive force, can be spun to create a force field, made of anti-metal so they can cut anything... something other than a tarzan stick please?
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  2. #5102
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's different because we saw the tech being used atleast, so I would hardly call that the sane thing. Here, they aren't wcen bothering. It's bot a panel or a word bubble talking about using tech, it's them standing with spears.

    Again you can make dynamic scenes and showing Carnage and the heat of battle with tanks and everything else on the the mix. Stop excusing poor art and bad writing. It's not just how it is, it's laziness and it needs to stop. Otherwise what's the point of having Wakanda be the most advanced nation on earth if all they do is use spears?

    Priest and Hudlin had then using both h2h weapons and tech. In WitBP we saw wakandan ships, when killmonger invades we saw wakandans using guns. Priest had N'Yami motherships and prowlers, Hudlin had prowlers kill Tony and some type of ship, possibly N'Yami mothership kill Doom in the BP annuals.. So tell me again where this whole only spears thing is somehow the norm?? Cause it's not. Even Doom war for had them using advanced tech.

    Using h2h only in this event is the excuse to make it easier for the cotati to win whole claiming "OMG even Wakanda couldn't beat them!!"
    We're seeing a force field being used in Empyre, and later in the story we're supposed to be getting a Panther megazord. So it's not JUST spears ... we're getting tech too. The force field is just like the missiles Hudlin used ... they fail spectacularly, but they are there to at least remind people Wakanda has tech before they bust out the spears.

  3. #5103
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We're seeing a force field being used in Empyre, and later in the story we're supposed to be getting a Panther megazord. So it's not JUST spears ... we're getting tech too. The force field is just like the missiles Hudlin used ... they fail spectacularly, but they are there to at least remind people Wakanda has tech before they bust out the spears.
    The Megazord is for Agents. No guarantee they'll move those pages over. The last new pages we saw, Rchalla was at the battle with the Star Sword and it was the same type of battle that started in this issue.

  4. #5104
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The Megazord is for Agents. No guarantee they'll move those pages over. The last new pages we saw, Rchalla was at the battle with the Star Sword and it was the same type of battle that started in this issue.
    Tchalla's gotta have a plan beyond "stab bad guys with this cool glowy sword" to call Teddy and ask for it.

    Wander what it is.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  5. #5105
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Shit, if they wanna use spears, cool, whatever.

    Can they at least be... cool spears lol? Shoot lasers with concussive force, can be spun to create a force field, made of anti-metal so they can cut anything... something other than a tarzan stick please?
    I always thought it was underwhelming that Shuri's spear when she was BP appeared to be just a spear. She was seen with the spear of Beshinga a lot ... more than Tchalla ever did, to for a time it was arguably her signature weapon.

    Even if your average grunt gets a regular stick, at least giving the freaking queen something cool.

  6. #5106
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The Megazord is for Agents. No guarantee they'll move those pages over. The last new pages we saw, Rchalla was at the battle with the Star Sword and it was the same type of battle that started in this issue.
    Megazord might be cut, but at least it was intended to be in the story. And it shouldn't be ignored that the people carrying the spears are inside a force field. Again, that's tech.

    Like the missiles Hudlin used the force field failed, but it's at least a reminder they have tech before they bust out the spears.

  7. #5107
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I believe we're getting a giant Panther megazord, so we'll likely get some tech here too.

    But the default backbone does seem to be spears for whatever reason.
    Do you gave a problem with spears? It's a perfectly fine weapon for close quarters combat.

    We're are saying before we get to that level, if a fight has to happen, can we start with some high tech weapons. The Cotati are fast growing plants, I dont have a problem if the attach in mass numbers an use spores or something to to overwhelm the tanks. But at least start there first.

  8. #5108
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Tchalla's gotta have a plan beyond "stab bad guys with this cool glowy sword" to call Teddy and ask for it.

    Wander what it is.
    It absorbs energy? If it can take a hit from Mjnoir, Tchalla can probably use it in some form of attack with Vb.

  9. #5109
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Do you gave a problem with spears? It's a perfectly fine weapon for close quarters combat.

    We're are saying before we get to that level, if a fight has to happen, can we start with some high tech weapons. The Cotati are fast growing plants, I dont have a problem if the attach in mass numbers an use spores or something to to overwhelm the tanks. But at least start there first.
    Spears are a poor man's weapon. It's a cheap easy to produce weapon usually reserved for unskilled fighters. On a battle field an easy way to tell a skilled fighter from an unskilled one is by seeing which ones carry spears.

    But to answer your question no, I don't have a problem with the spears. I don't logically buy Wakandans using it as much as they do, but it's in character.

  10. #5110
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,349

    Default

    does anyone know if the "who made HZ robots to kill Namor" thing was ever resolved in Superior Spider-Man Team Up #8?
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  11. #5111
    Mighty Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    It mostly happened during the Inhuman push, it was a blatant, cynical attempt to replace the mutants, anyone could see that, but Marvel pretended that wasn't the case. I like the inhumans too, War of Kings was one of the best events Marvel's done in the last 20 years.
    This is false. it's fan based nonsense.

    This is how publishing works.

    If MARVEL had wanted the X-Men gone in favor of the Inhumans they could have and would have cancelled the X-books. How do we know? the same paradigm that kept the Fantastic Four out of marvel's hands for decades, prevented their control of the X-men outside of comic books.


    Marvel cancelled all FF-related books because they didn't sell well and why give free advertising to Fox for their movies? They did not cancel the X books. The core x books sold consistently well. Very. This is BUSINESS.

    They DID attempt to elevate the Inhumans to a high enough position to fill the X space if they couldn't get the property back from Fox who's, at the time, in no mood to give.

    People who have no idea how this works got it in their head that there was some sort of erasure happening when that was never, ever the case, not for one second of time in the in actual real world. Again, any time the Marvel execs want any title to go, it's gone. Poof. Comics don't generate enough revenue, in themselves, to make this any sort of an issue. It's just not like that.

    Here's what I would have done while negotiating with Fox for the movie and TV rights:

    Cancelled 100% of the X books. Then, when/if Marvel got the rights back, RELAUNCH them with all new all different #1 issues to re-intro ALL the characters and conflicts from scratch. During the X-less period there would have been countless articles written, insane fan rage and "movements" to bring them back (Snyder Cut, folks?) all of it working as free advertising for Marvel and the mutants as well as putting pressure on Fox to "do the right thing."

    Then, when a deal was finally made, bring the X back to comics. Huge fanfare, huge creative surge, huge attention on the mutants. maybe it would even coincide with the release of the first marvel mutant film from DISNEY-MARVEL.

    Money.

    But, no. the Inhumans were never, ever going to replace the biggest franchise seller Marvel comics ever had.

    Never, ever.

    Only [redacted] thought otherwise and they dragged the whole fandom community just a little bit further down because of their nonsense.
    Last edited by Redjack; 07-30-2020 at 10:46 AM.

  12. #5112
    Be Seeing You…
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And it shouldn't be ignored that the people carrying the spears are inside a force field. Again, that's tech.
    A force field that failed when random plant aliens pushed against it. They didn't even appear armed, just lightly armored.

    And I suspect the only reason it was even mentioned is that there was one in Infinity War. Except THAT held off an extraterrestrial armada and was only breached because T'Challa let them in.

  13. #5113
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    A force field that failed when random plant aliens pushed against it. They didn't even appear armed, just lightly armored.

    And I suspect the only reason it was even mentioned is that there was one in Infinity War. Except THAT held off an extraterrestrial armada and was only breached because T'Challa let them in.
    Yes, the force field failed just like the missiles Hudlin used. It's there to show that they DO have tech... right before it spectacularly fails so they can bust out the spears.

    If you want to argue that their defenses failed I would agree (though that aspect of the story is necessary to progress the story). But that's not the same thing as arguing this story isn't showing that they have tech. Again, complaining that it's just showing a bunch of people with spears completely ignores that the bunch of people with spears are in a large city wide force field. So they checked off the tech.

  14. #5114
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    A force field that failed when random plant aliens pushed against it. They didn't even appear armed, just lightly armored.

    And I suspect the only reason it was even mentioned is that there was one in Infinity War. Except THAT held off an extraterrestrial armada and was only breached because T'Challa let them in.
    lol a big ass ship slammed straight into it from outer space... did nothing to it

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2Dsku5eUM
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  15. #5115
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yes, the force field failed just like the missiles Hudlin used. It's there to show that they DO have tech... right before it spectacularly fails so they can bust out the spears.

    If you want to argue that their defenses failed I would agree (though that aspect of the story is necessary to progress the story). But that's not the same thing as arguing this story isn't showing that they have tech. Again, complaining that it's just showing a bunch of people with spears completely ignores that the bunch of people with spears are in a large city wide force field. So they checked off the tech.
    Hudlin took the time to explain why it didnt work. Murlun got a god energy boost. They implied that the force field was working to keep them out in the previous issue. I dont remember seeing an explanation of what changed. The dialogue from the leaders even said they were fodder troops.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •