Page 717 of 750 FirstFirst ... 217617667707713714715716717718719720721727 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    damn, ezyo like shut down the thread yesterday preachin' lol

I've like given up.

I/We lost the game.

My garage gym has Panther stuff all over it and I might take some down because it pisses me off seeing it vs being cool

I'll read spoilers and then prolly see it in Disney+ since I already have it anyway.

I ain't going to the theaters. I refuse.

But if people want to watch it,, they 100% should support what they want and find interesting. I'm not gonna be toxic about it.

They gonna post the scan of Shuri fighting Namor lol
    Sometimes you gotta take folks to church and get that preach on lol.. but yes I am at the same point as you.

After getting all that off my chest. I feel... Done I guess? Like I am not one to go onto social media like twitter or Facebook book, but that post was me just pouring my heart and thoughts out clearly. I know Marvel won't listen to me and I am just some random, but maybe others will see that post and can also relate to it.

But I am not going to support a movie that is claiming to be Black Panther while it so casually leaves out the black panther. It has nothing to do with bot wanting Shuri ad BP and everything to do with not wanting anybody BUT T'Challa as BP so that he can have his story told to completion before passing the mantle

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It is a good point. Nothing against anybody involved, real or fictional, but if DC can recast Batman and the Joker and Superman and Lex Luthor again and again and again in movies, and if, on the Marvel side, Spider-Man (Peter Parker) can have a total of three actors playing him in movies over the course of nearly 20 years, the current one taking up the webs two years after the last one's movie . . . it wouldn't be the worst thing to recast T'Challa and keep the character alive in the MCU.
    Yeah, there were also 3 different Banners in each solo Hulk movie. I know circumstances are different for each case but the examples are there.

What honor Marvel thinks it's giving Chad by not recasting an iconic role is ridiculous imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    damn, ezyo like shut down the thread yesterday preachin' lol

I've like given up.

I/We lost the game.

My garage gym has Panther stuff all over it and I might take some down because it pisses me off seeing it vs being cool

I'll read spoilers and then prolly see it in Disney+ since I already have it anyway.

I ain't going to the theaters. I refuse.

But if people want to watch it,, they 100% should support what they want and find interesting. I'm not gonna be toxic about it.

They gonna post the scan of Shuri fighting Namor lol
    Naw, I feel you. I have been a fan for closing in on 40 years now. The height of it was sitting in the theater watching the movie the first time after rewatching the trailer like every other day up to point! I was sitting with the wifey watching the "All The Stars are Closer" video....and I still found myself smiling and thinking about what seeing T'Challa on screen and just representing black excellence, strong! Hell, even the music was so perfect for Black Panther in capturing the element black pride and power! ...MAN...F-Marvel for this trash. In my mind I want to go all."American Skin" on Disney and put the Mouse on trial! Lol. Bitter laughter is all I have left for this genre.

Spectacular Member

I can't support a sequel without a recast, if its successful without him, then there is less motivation for Disney to bring T'challa back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Black panther has already gone Somewhere in the video games. The mobile games are completely synergized and shuri is the Black Panther in a few of them that are coming out. She's also sudo in charge in a few of the games because they have Tchalla asking her what to do and where to go about situations. Marvel has used every character but black panther to promote both Black Panther 1 posthumously and black panther 2 coming up. They even have podcasts out talking about how important shuri has been in comics. So yea...synergy.

They announced that they weren't going to recast atalla as if it was some sort of Brave heroic Act of selflessness on their part. So yeah...gleefully announced. No i dont think they are happy about Boseman passing. I just KNOW they arent sad enough to cancel the (his) franchise out of respect for it and they are greedy enough to make sure its released on schedule.

Anyway, as for seeing Black Panther without Black Panther...no ill pass. I saw BP1 about 5 times in theaters and i didnt even like Tchallas presentation. This movie however will get zero of my support. Ill say the same in 2022.
    What are these video games that have Shuri as BP and not T'Challa?

Also FYI, videogame development takes months/years. Anything you've seen in any videogame in the past year or so had nothing to do with Chadwick Boseman's death and therefore had nothing to do with MCU synergy as MU wasnt planning on removing him from the films

Why would they cancel BP? It was not Chadwick's franchise. He did not own it. Of course they want money; thats what they are in the business of making. It would be in poor taste IMO to cancel the BP franchise. It means too much to too many people especially in the times we live in. Its bigger than Chadwck
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-15-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Two completely different circumstances with two characters Marvel views completely differently than they do Tchalla thanks to racial protections. White men in charge are much more protective of their white iconic heros. None of them would have ever been tossed aside in the MCU after one solo movie
    Color aside, is there ANY circumstance in marvel where a legacy character really replaces the original? I guess you can go back to the golden age characters like Human Torch, but really that just doesn't happen in the comics. The same guys we see now are the same guys we'll see 50 years from now because that's just how comics work. If Steve or Thor or T'Challa die, that just means we'll see them again in a couple months TOPS.

We might get 2 Thors or 2 Captain Americas or 2 Black Panthers, but the original never goes away. This is never a zero sum game... it's why we've got both a Superman and a Supergirl and a Batman and a Batgirl. Comics are fine with having 2 versions of a character.

It MIGHT happen in movies (though with reboots I'm 100% the originals will still return) but comics are a very different genra which follows very different rules.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Color aside, is there ANY circumstance in marvel where a legacy character really replaces the original? I guess you can go back to the golden age characters like Human Torch, but really that just doesn't happen in the comics. The same guys we see now are the same guys we'll see 50 years from now because that's just how comics work. If Steve or Thor or T'Challa die, that just means we'll see them again in a couple months TOPS.

We might get 2 Thors or 2 Captain Americas or 2 Black Panthers, but the original never goes away. This is never a zero sum game... it's why we've got both a Superman and a Supergirl and a Batman and a Batgirl. Comics are fine with having 2 versions of a character.

It MIGHT happen in movies (though with reboots I'm 100% the originals will still return) but comics are a very different genra which follows very different rules.
    Having T’Challa and Shuri share the spotlight in media other than the MCU is my last hope at this point. Hell, both the comics and the recent Spidey video games have two Spider-Men running around at the moment so there no excuse to why they can’t do the same with Black Panther.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Also FYI, videogame development takes months/years. Anything you've seen in any videogame in the past year or so had nothing to do with Chadwick Boseman's death and therefore had nothing to do with MCU synergy as MU wasnt planning on removing him from the films

Why would they cancel BP? It was not Chadwick's franchise. He did not own it. Of course they want money; thats what they are in the business of making. It would be in poor taste IMO to cancel the BP franchise. It means too much to too many people especially in the times we live in. Its bigger than Chadwck
    Apparently not because they are going to let T'Challa die with Chadwick and continue on without him. The irony of honoring a trailblazer such as Chad by sealing the trail he worked hard to carve WHILE SECRETLY BATTLING CANCER is not lost to those of us here. What a wonderful tribute to the very first Black super hero ever and the man who went through hell to bring him to Life

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Apparently not because they are going to let T'Challa die with Chadwick and continue on without him. The irony of honoring a trailblazer such as Chad by sealing the trail he worked hard to carve WHILE SECRETLY BATTLING CANCER is not lost to those of us here. What a wonderful tribute to the very first Black super hero ever and the man who went through hell to bring him to Life
    We don't actually know they are letting T'Challa actually die. It's not unfair to speculate that's the case, but it's premature to make that assumption. He could simply not be around in the next movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    so no answer to the question I actually asked you?

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

so no answer to the question I actually asked you?
    I know Marvel Realm of Champions replaced Tchalla with Shuri
    Last edited by TrooperCameron; 12-15-2020 at 12:00 PM.

https://twitter.com/serialboxpub/sta...13036266917888

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    I know Marvel Realm of Champions replaced Tchalla with Shuri
    That was before the death of Boseman, and given the production time of a video game, would've been decided WAY before his cancer was known.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Those that would've preferred a recast are still gonna watch BP2, myself and most people in this thread included.
    Speak for yourself. I will NOT be watching Black Panther 2.

So "it's not Chadwicks franchise and it would be in poor taste to cancel the franchise because it means so much to ppl. But t'challa IS owned by Bozeman therefore it's in good taste to cancel to Tchalla..

Thats the logic you're going with?

So "it's not Chadwicks franchise and it would be in poor taste to cancel the franchise because it means so much to ppl. But t'challa IS owned by Bozeman therefore it's in good taste to cancel to Tchalla..

Thats the logic you're going with?
    No, T'Challa is owned by Marvel/Disney