Page 668 of 750 FirstFirst ... 168568618658664665666667668669670671672678718 ... LastLast
Results 10,006 to 10,020 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Famed Black Panther Writer Christopher Priest Cancelled...

In a "Cancel Culture" gotcha attempt to defame and discredit people I went back through the Quantum Realm and found this...

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/deat...birth-control/

And this...

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...n-free-speech/

I mean... How dare he go to church and stuff and promote his faith like a free man and then declare they should appease the underserved evangelical market!

With the evidence attained we hereby declare all issues of Black Panther written by Priest and any other depictions influenced by him to be confiscated and banned!

Basically... Black Panther fans deserve Coates because he is WOKE and checks all the boxes that you really really really subscribe to but won't admit to!

1-800-YOU-REALLY-FAVOR-COATES-BUT-ARE-IN-DENIAL-AND-IT-SHOWS

Certain Black Panther fans should take time off and soul search and figure out if they want the 1.3 Billion Dollar movie to be the only "return on investment" product for this intellectual property if other particulars fans who don't share your worldviews are not welcome!
    Priest making a comic upsetting conservative Christians isn't going too do much, since they're not big readers in the comic industry. Bouncing In Comics supports Gamergate, they're not a credible source for anything. They get upset over women being leads in Marvel movies.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...-mcu-in-doubt/

Neither have anything on Shuri's actress, who not only has a higher profile than Priest she was endorsing conspiracy theories that Alex Jones would be on board with.

(sigh)

Burbank, California.

The offices of Mickey "Money" Mouse.

Mickey: "Hi, glad you can make it... Have a seat."

Letitia: "Thanks, so what is this all about... Did Coogler finish the script?"

Mickey: "He did... A couple rewrites here and there but he got it in."

Letitia: "So I'm going to be the Black Panther right."

Mickey: "Princess Shuri will be the Black Panther."

Letitia: "Great, I'll do the standard issue press conferences and..."

Mickey: "Uhm... Yeah... About that... We are gonna go in a different direction."

Letitia: "What do you mean."

Mickey: "Well... It's come to our attention... AHEM... How can I say this..."

Just then a blonde haired blue eyed girl flutters... Let's say saunters into the office with animated birds circling and chirping about her magically and rested upon her shoulders as pixie dust sprinkles out of thin air and dissipates at her designer sandaled feet.

Amber Heard: "Hey Mickey... So who is this Princess Shuri you want me to play?"

Letitia: "WTF!!!"

Mickey: "AWK-WARD... Excuse me a moment ladies."

Mickey rushes out of the office to the receptionists desk and gives her a verbal lashing for not staggering the appointments further apart.

Meanwhile inside...

Amber Heard: "Don't I know you from somewhere?"

Letitia: "I was in Black Panther."

Amber Heard: "Oh yes I remember you you were like comic relief... I love the way you said WHAT ARE THOSE... Hee hee so funny."

Mickey: "Sorry about that ladies... Look, I'm trying to put out multiple fires here so me and Bugs Bunny at Warners decided it would be best if we had you two switch roles temporarily."

Letitia: "Okay I see... Legally neither of you can fire either of us because we are women and it's bad optics in this particular era."

Mickey: "My genius level princess I knew you would understand... I mean who wants yet another lawsuit in this revenue hemorrhaging pandemic."

Amber Heard: "What was that middle thing again?"

Letitia: "Amber we technically have Disney and Warner by the..."

Mickey: "Play ball... Just play ball and we will take care of you each under the table."

Amber Heard: "Am I gonna have to wear blackface?"

Letitia: "Am I gonna have to wear whiteface... Aquaman is under water that's not going to work for my hair."

Mickey: "Me and Bugs are trying a new diversity initiative where there is no color, no genders, no politics, no religion and no controversy whatsoever."

Just then the phone rings and Mickey answers it...

Mickey: "Mickey 'Money' Mouse how can I help you... Hello... Hello..."

Cancel Culture: "Get some rest Mickey you look tired!"

Get Hectic!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Congratulations for reaching 666 pages
    Thanks for sharing. This is the kind of excellence we should be getting in Black Panther. Beat the Devil!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Welp, Letitia couldn’t take the heat so she went and deleted her Twitter account.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Welp, Letitia couldn’t take the heat so she went and deleted her Twitter account.
    Probably for the best.

This franchise desperately needs a "Point Man" in these troubled times...

The main writer of the ongoing comic is living in France and rarely speaks good on the character nor interacts with fans to promote the product!

The lead actor is passed on and the runner up successor is not necessarily showing leadership skills on par for the main antagonist gig!

The fan base is divided over simple politics and religion for a character that you would think actively troubleshoots that in concept alone!

Remember back when THE most controversial thing about Black Panther was the actual name "Black Panther"

At this point I would question what exactly are the demographics for this intellectual property moving forward!

Are Black Panther fans themselves trying to drive potential customers away in hopes of keeping him exclusive to a certain segment of society... Xenophobia perhaps!

If a "Point Man" were to hold a press conference to promote this intellectual property what would be the selling point to bring in new fans with disposable income!

Will their voting records or social media accounts be used against them for expediency's sake?

If every time an actor or writer broke ranks and went rogue for any reason are they to be cast out and forsaken forever because of feelings!

It's interesting that a comic book that has historically circled the cancellation drain is now in the cancellation business itself...

See Wakanda and Die... Because you are not welcome if you don't agree to all of our policies and demands at all times no matter what!
    Get Hectic!

“if you don’t conform to popular opinions. but ask questions and think for yourself….you get cancelled.”

I always find these types of replies to criticism as ironic and a bit hypocritical. Like, this isn't as independent as one would suggest and all it is really is just conforming to the other side and then being the pot calling the kettle black.

Again people are free to say and share and talk about whatever they want, as it IS freedom of speech, but it's NOT freedom of consequences and people need to remember that. Its like when Chadwick was talking about the birth of a nation and telling people to not miss the movie because of what was going on with Nate Parker when all that came up again and he received backlash, dude was smart enough to distance himself because he knew that was not the hill to make his final stand on and it wasn't worth it. But if Letitia thinks it's worth it, that's fine do you, but be prepared for what your choices bring.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    This franchise desperately needs a "Point Man" in these troubled times...

The main writer of the ongoing comic is living in France and rarely speaks good on the character nor interacts with fans to promote the product!

The lead actor is passed on and the runner up successor is not necessarily showing leadership skills on par for the main antagonist gig!

The fan base is divided over simple politics and religion for a character that you would think actively troubleshoots that in concept alone!

Remember back when THE most controversial thing about Black Panther was the actual name "Black Panther"

At this point I would question what exactly are the demographics for this intellectual property moving forward!

Are Black Panther fans themselves trying to drive potential customers away in hopes of keeping him exclusive to a certain segment of society... Xenophobia perhaps!

If a "Point Man" were to hold a press conference to promote this intellectual property what would be the selling point to bring in new fans with disposable income!

Will their voting records or social media accounts be used against them for expediency's sake?

If every time an actor or writer broke ranks and went rogue for any reason are they to be cast out and forsaken forever because of feelings!

It's interesting that a comic book that has historically circled the cancellation drain is now in the cancellation business itself...

See Wakanda and Die... Because you are not welcome if you don't agree to all of our policies and demands at all times no matter what!
    Franchises are split between various media, at no point was this a thing in comics and certainly not Black Panther. There's no need.

What does Coates living in France have to do anything? From what I've read he's hyped about being BP's writer. Got any links?

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...-black-panther

The first time you see him, he's tricked the Fantastic Four and he defeats the Fantastic Four, and he's this genius, this athlete with these heightened senses and these heightened physical abilities, and he's depicted there in all his glory.

And I think what happened after that [is] there were various high points in the '60s, '70s and '80s, but a lot of low points when folks didn't quite know how to actually use him. And then there was a run in the late '90s and early 2000s by a writer of the name Christopher Priest, who was probably the first writer in our modern times to really, really take Black Panther seriously and try to put him on a level with other superheroes. Where he wasn't just a wallflower, he wasn't just sitting in the back as kind of decoration, but actually a protagonist in his own book and that was revolutionary.

But I don't think people should lose sight of what it meant to create an African, a black superhero in the 1960s. It happens within the midst of the civil rights movement, but I think if you search pop culture at that particular time for somebody like the Black Panther, you would come up really short. If you compare it to other areas of other pop culture, Marvel was probably pretty much ahead.
    She isn't, so why is she being defended like she did nothing wrong?

No. BP's fans have been divided over Coates run, and other runs have been controversial - like Hudlin's.

I'd bet it isn't anti-vaxxers, or conspiracy theorists.

That's just bizarre statement connotations anyone who refuses to support Wright being racists. Don Cheadle will be surprised to hear this.

https://twitter.com/DonCheadle/statu...103534512.html

Jesus... just scrolled through. hot garbage. every time i stopped and listened, he and everything he said sounded crazy and fkked up. i would never defend anyone posting this. but i won't throw her away over it. the rest i'll take off twitter. had no idea.
    Because the franchise, who has had a billion dollar movie with a sequel in the works and a run coming to a close, really needs that. Uh huh.

Thats just part of doing business, it's why PR is important in Hollywood. Wright forgot that fact. Now why would you think Wright's voting records would be a problem? Do you assume she's a Trump supporter?

Wright's not going rogue in the traditional sense, that'd be something like Tom Holland spoiling movies without permission, this is creating a scandal for the actress and making everyone embarrassed by association. Feelings are important for actors to consider, the careers rely on their audience liking them as soon as Hollywood thinks they don't they'll be yesterday's news. Will this burn Wright's career? No. But it is a strike against her and she hasn't got the staying power of Mel Gibson or Chris Pratt to protect her, and she's a black woman in Hollywood, which makes her even more vulnerable to being discarded.

That clip is the opposite messaging of what Wright was doing. T'Challa wasn't promoting Alex Jones conspiracy theories.

Wakanda isn't real, Hollywood is, but I'd like to know why you'd think Wakanda would be ok with what she was saying because I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Franchises are split between various media, at no point was this a thing in comics and certainly not Black Panther. There's no need.

What does Coates living in France have to do anything? From what I've read he's hyped about being BP's writer. Got any links?

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...-black-panther

She isn't, so why is she being defended like she did nothing wrong?

No. BP's fans have been divided over Coates run, and other runs have been controversial - like Hudlin's.
    Ehhhh I wouldn't say Coates was hyped to be BPs writer. It took him 4 interviews to actually say what he liked about the character, the first interviews revolved around tearing at the franchise, saying things like there's no way a man could be surrounded by beautiful women who would do whatever he wanted and NOT take advantage of the situation. Dude had a lot of negative things to say and I showed in his run. It's not the same as Hudlins. Hudlin was controversial Because he was showing T'Challa as unapologetically black and making waves on the 616 by forcing people to take T'Challa and Wakanda seriously. Coates is controversial Because his run is filled with some of the most racist stereotypes of Africa and portrays Wakanda as an allegory for columbus and the slave trade. Tow totally different beasts here

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Twitter outrage now seems focused on Noah Cyrus. And tomorrow it'll be someone else. Add rinse repeat.
    I'm more pissed my favorite movie has an idiot in it

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Oh no! What if the Luciferase got her!

Someone check the 5G towers!

Is she a chimera yet?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think she just want no part in Disney.
    She never wanted to be lead of the franchise. And after watching Chad go through all that he went through and Death with Disney, I think she's just trying to get herself drop.

Sucks she can't even have an opinion

Am I the only one who prefer the franchise to be cancel than rebooted for a Rated R version instead of the Disneyfied Black Panther we received. Maybe get some of that Chris Priest Run on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

LOL

She can have an opinion. She expressed her thoughts.

guess what... she expressed them on an open forum where... wait for it... others had opinions too! See where this argument falls apart?

She could have stand by her opinion and taken the overwhelming OTHER opinions on the chin and really "educated" the masses on the dangers of Luciferase, 5g, chimeras, extra limbs, why transgenders suck from the medical expert prophet

Instead, when others voiced their opinions... she ran.

Freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequences.

And Please, if she wanted dropped, she could easily get out of her contract by publically going "I can't do this movie without Chadwick" and there is no way Disney would force her into her contract. The PR would be a nightmare.

The real issue is, Letitia is seemingly easily gullible (and tha tis being nice)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

I think she just want no part in Disney.
    She never wanted to be lead of the franchise. And after watching Chad go through all that he went through and Death with Disney, I think she's just trying to get herself drop.

No one asked her to be the lead of the franchise though, we don't know what their plans are for the sequel. If anything, it seems they may plan on recasting and she's possibly acting out because she's NOT the lead like she may have wanted. And there are far less embarrassing and disruptive ways of leaving. She could negotiate her contract or simply say she doesn't want to do the film.

Am I the only one who prefer the franchise to be cancel than rebooted for a Rated R version instead of the Disneyfied Black Panther we received. Maybe get some of that Chris Priest Run on screen.
    That's shortsighted and counterproductive. Disney's Black Panther had it flaws but I'd rather they continue to evolve T'Challa's character and the tone of the franchise than cancel it for comic accuracy. We're not getting an R-rated Black Panther and the character doesn't need to be that in order to be a phenomenon.
    Last edited by chief12d; 12-05-2020 at 08:29 AM.

TL;DR for recent news:

"I don't know what's going on, so I'm going to just assume it's bad news so I can get angry!"

Bloody comics fans...