Page 222 of 750 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322722 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 11243
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Sturm Und Drang is the only possible way I see them doing a Black Panther vs Namor movie justice (assuming they're inspired by the comics for the matchup). Coincidentally it touches on a few of the ideas brought up in the first film as far as refugees and good man vs good king is concerned. All the MCU fans think we're getting WW3 and the flooding of Wakanda when we're probably gonna get a shadow war between Wakanda and Atlantis with the US on the side lol.
    My guess is any story would be called Atlantis Attacks and it would be some combination of Sturm Und Drang and that story with maybe a very little bit of AvX thrown in (with the Serpent Crown replacing the Phoenix Force).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    My guess is any story would be called Atlantis Attacks and it would be some combination of Sturm Und Drang and that story with maybe a very little bit of AvX thrown in (with the Serpent Crown replacing the Phoenix Force).
    I could see them rolling in some of the Atlantis Attacks storyline though I hope if the Serpent Crown is used it doesn’t result in the flooding of Wakanda. The kingdom’s gone through a civil war and an invasion back to back, it’d be nice to have a movie where we see T’Challa projecting Wakanda’s power and operating from a position of strength.

If we get some major status quo shift like the destruction of the capital, I expect it to come in BP3 because the end of the trilogies is when Disney likes to push the envelope. Ragnarok destroyed Asgard, Iron Man 3 had Tony get rid of most of his suits, and Civil War had the Avengers fall apart and I think Wakanda’s flooding should be in that same vein (if they ever even choose that direction). It could be what makes T’Challa relinquish the throne and permanently join the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Inhumans because I think they're more interesting. Black Bolt and T'Challa also have an underrated friendship from the comics that could be explored.

Yea this too. If the next BP villain is anyone other than Namor a lot of MCU "fans" will automatically consider it trash lol, I'd hate to miss out on that **** show.
    I think the Inhumans would be tricky (thuough not impossible) because they already a part of the MCU and they pretty much bombed. It was perhaps marvels biggest black eye thus far, and who ever decides to use them again is stuck with a lot of baggage, plus the responsibility of trying to make them viable again. If they're ever used again, I think it's better on the TV side of things, where you have a little more time to try and "fix" things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, for the most part MCU movies are basically original stories that draw draw a few easter egg elements from comic stories.

But I don't think they would use the Sturm Uund Drang name just because I'm not sure it's the most marketable name for a movie. It's actually a pretty cool title from a literary stand point but sort of weird sounding and might be confusing for your typical movie goer.

I'm team Murder Bros all the way

Murder Bros is some real illuminati stuff.

Illuminati: ok ok ok we give up

T'challa: No. Oh and also, I have a secret pact with one of the missing illuminati members just to assassinate this dude. BRB guys

Hickman bitched out int he end by #TeamMurderBros all the way.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

20 Vibranium Wakandollars says that Namor & Doom aren't in BP2, except _maybe_ in the stinger.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    20 Vibranium Wakandollars says that Namor & Doom aren't in BP2, except _maybe_ in the stinger.
    The best option is clearly Achebe given how he hits on all the themes of the first film. Who’d you want as the secondary antagonist, the muscle of the operation?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'm team Murder Bros all the way

Murder Bros is some real illuminati stuff.

Illuminati: ok ok ok we give up

T'challa: No. Oh and also, I have a secret pact with one of the missing illuminati members just to assassinate this dude. BRB guys

Hickman bitched out int he end by #TeamMurderBros all the way.
    What pisses me off the most about it, is that Hickman didn't even have Namor DO anything after the failed murder bros attempt. He literally became a background character to follow TChalla and crack jokes. Then get wasted by Doom. My only consultation with it is that I pretend that think given the art, TChalla deflected the beam to Namor

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It really doesn't make any sense to put them in the movie. Other then because fans want then to ride bps coattails. Straight up no one was saying that it would be cool for them to show up in BP until after the movie blew up

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It really doesn't make any sense to put them in the movie. Other then because fans want then to ride bps coattails. Straight up no one was saying that it would be cool for them to show up in BP until after the movie blew up
    I think Okoye mentioning an Earth quake in the Atlantic in End Game got a lot of people talking.

It could have been a throw away line, but it's pretty much a given people will speculate Namor from that.

I think it's easy to wonder if a non BP rogue will be used because all the bigs ones (Mbaku, Klaw, Killmonger) showed up in the first. There are no obvious choices left, except maybe Achebe.

Mighty Member

Does anyone know what story this page is from?

Mighty Member

Here is another page:

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Here is another page:

Donny Cates did a Marvel Knights miniseries last year. Non cannon