Page 169 of 750 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269669 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You do know that turning her into malice would make as much sense (meaning none) as this whole deal with Zenzi right? Like Zenzi, Nakia has no legitimate qualms with T'Challa, so why would she turn into Malice?
    Obviously we're just speculating here... but given the name and theme of the character, Malice, the reason would likely be similar to the previous Mailce.

But there would have to be more to it than that. Like most good heel turns, there would likely have to be more to it than that (assuming they even go that direction of course... it's entirely possible NuNakia is dead and will never be seen again). An easy way to justify ooc behavior could be the resurrection alter changing her (and powering her up a bit). Or the symbiote if it ever finds itself off of Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

I wouldn't mind Jefte Palo doing the art on the next series with Lee Loughridge coloring. The art in SWAD on point and IMO it's the best BP story in more than a decade. Hoping that Empyre: IoW will be a proper sequel but I'm not giving my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    This reminds of how much I really want more panels/scenes of T'Challa praying or leading some kind of religious ceremony. He's been called a priest or compared to one before.

The last time I remember this happening was in the first issue of New Avengers.
    I agree but since Hudlin's run, I think they forgot that the BP mantle was a religious mantle separate from king. There hasn't been much focus on the religious side of the title, only political. You'd think it would've came up more since KOTD or now since the Wakandan religion/myth have been a big part of the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I agree but since Hudlin's run, I think they forgot that the BP mantle was a religious mantle separate from king. There hasn't been much focus on the religious side of the title, only political. You'd think it would've came up more since KOTD or now since the Wakandan religion/myth have been a big part of the last 3 years.
    I imagine Bast missing for the past 3 years probably made a lot of the religious aspects of the job somewhat moot.

Of course, Bast is around again.. but her recent interaction with Shuri makes me wonder if her relatinship with Wakanda has changed to any degree.

I'm telling you all this is an Elseworlds it doesn't match up with Avengers Agents or any of the other Marvel books.
    The J-man

Sound like literally every character Coates has created. Any and all potential is wasted, you give Zero craps about the character due to poor development or literal 180 heel turns and then you just don't care anymore. Add to the fact that this should of been the big triumphant return for T'Challa and it's instead... Bullisht, this run has just been trash and an embarrassment for 4 years
    Are you familiar with the concept of the "Eight Deadly Words"?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Are you familiar with the concept of the "Eight Deadly Words"?
    "I don't care what happens to these people"?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    "I don't care what happens to these people"?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks. I like the pic.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Just picked up the issue. I'll admit I've been disappointed with Coates. I'm not going to lie i LOVED Season 1, to me Coates did some amazing world building and introduced factions and compelling characters. What I liked about it was between all the different sides everybody was a little bit wrong and everybody was a little bit right T'challa included. I liked the idea that T'challa struggled with being a King. But that plot point should have been RESOLVED at the end of issue 12 when he finally embraced that he could things HIS way. To Revist that in Season 2 & 3 undermined all the development of season 1.

Then in comes season 2. Which I thought would add to the development of the different factions of Wakanda, The Midnight Angels, T'challa and Shuri, Changamire, the new republic , continuing to find common ground but still coming into conflict. Instead we got a convoluted mess with bad pacing. First the villain is this ancient wakandan evil but somehow Klaw's in the mix and outta nowhere last minute it's "the Adversary" like huh? If Klaw is going to be in a story he shouldn't be second fiddle he's one of T'challa's biggest foes and for one he over due for a major costume upgrade. Then where tf was Okoye in Season 1? She literally came outta NO WHERE. I felt like she could have been brought in to train a new generation of Dora's because all the old girls quit (a la AKA vs. DST) . Because the Dora's had been around for centuries so surely all the Dora's didn't agree with abandoning this sacred duty to Wakanda, and surely there were still girls in Wakanda that wanted to grow up and become Doras. The only thing season 2 did right for me was Rehab and Re-Develop T'challa and Storm's relationship which had been broken by writers that tbh just didn't know how to write a strong black couple.

Then we get to S3 and we just leave Wakanda all together. Also the pacing is much worse. T'challa needed six issues in space tops the last six he should have been back home. Also he could have ditched Amnesia and taken Ororo with him. (The hell with X-writers, whats she doing in Krakoa right now? Playing hype man at the Resurrection altar? Dying? Being wall paper on a pirate ship) The issue where he goes to Wakandan prime and meets the Emperor that should have been the first issue and the story should have just progressed from there with his memory still in tact.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

That's the point too, we don't care about them, there's no reason to care, they are simply there to take panel space from T'Challa, as well as fears and talk down to him while he wallows on his failures. Just like when Coates asked the question in interviews (then completely didn't answer it) why would a nation as advanced as Wakanda use an outdated Government, Coates is supposed to show us why people would root for T'Challa, on the intergalactic Wakanda, he is supposed to be this legend, yet.. unimpressive, apparently Coates thinks by him fighting his holograms of his greatest enemies and beating them using what's essentially the equivalent to an old lady flailing her purse around, is enough to call it good.. I mean at this point, we need to have the Godzilla treatment what the Japanese did to the embarrassment of the American Godzilla

I mean at this point, we need to have the Godzilla treatment what the Japanese did to the embarrassment of the American Godzilla
    Defeated in two hits in about 15 seconds?

That's the point too, we don't care about them, there's no reason to care, they are simply there to take panel space from T'Challa, as well as fears and talk down to him while he wallows on his failures. Just like when Coates asked the question in interviews (then completely didn't answer it) why would a nation as advanced as Wakanda use an outdated Government, Coates is supposed to show us why people would root for T'Challa, on the intergalactic Wakanda, he is supposed to be this legend, yet.. unimpressive, apparently Coates thinks by him fighting his holograms of his greatest enemies and beating them using what's essentially the equivalent to an old lady flailing her purse around, is enough to call it good.. I mean at this point, we need to have the Godzilla treatment what the Japanese did to the embarrassment of the American Godzilla
    I'm just hoping the next writer just ignores everything from this entire run. There's nothing from it worth keeping besides the force push. There are a lot of creative ways I can see it being used that Coates squandered. Evan at least added the cool remote detonation feature.

Defeated in two hits in about 15 seconds?
    Yes. Have the real TChalla come in and destroy this imposter whos been infecting the mythos for 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I'm just hoping the next writer just ignores everything from this entire run. There's nothing from it worth keeping besides the force push. There are a lot of creative ways I can see it being used that Coates squandered. Evan at least added the cool remote detonation feature.
    How remote detonation work? Im thinking he leaves an energy finger print on an object or person and he can leave it on a timer or think and release.

Im thinking that instead of using it when he fights groups of normal strength people, the suit could vibrate sonic waves that cause equilibrium disruption. It'd be cool to watch a group of goons fall and start vomiting while Tchalla just casually walks past them.