Page 37 of 750 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137537 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by vibranium weave View Post
    it's interesting....for the people on this board saying it's not the writer that's the problem...it's bp. Coates has dropped another issue today and none of the coates fans have talked about it yet.

That's how much people care about this run at this point.
    bp#20 dropped today?

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    bp#20 dropped today?
    Yup.

We've been so busy discussing the viability of black characters that it has not been discussed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    pirating and the overall comicbook market was different when both these writers were on BP book. the argument has always been coates is the reason for low sales but then why is aow doing so poorly?
    Because Agents Of Wakanda is a lacklustre book that only seems marginally better than it actually just off of the fact that Foates Black Panther solo is so atrociously bad.

It's not rocket science.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    just as bad lol

I think it is hilarious people in this thread, THIS THREAD of all threads, would go with the "blacks can't sell" narrative.

Same character that was selling gangbusters until people got bored. and bored more. and bored more. and bored more.

Naw, can't be the writer though. It's the characters skin color.

Dark times indeed.

Next y'all will tell me black characters can't lead movies... right?

Carol was selling like garbage before they finally found a writer people liked btw. A popular comic book vet. Instead of fly by night randos they tried before that had a name outside of comics.
    Quoted for the freaking truth that some wilfully ignore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    It's interesting....for the people on this board saying it's not the writer that's the problem...it's BP. Coates has dropped another issue today and none of the Coates fans have talked about it yet.

That's how much people care about this run at this point.
    Is Storm featured in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Honestly if I had to guess? 1. Marvel either doesn’t see BP as having the potential to be a big seller so they don’t care that Coates isn’t lighting up the charts, 2. the strong sales of Coates first couple of trades have granted him the freedom to do what he wants, 3. Marvel doesn’t have anyone lined up to take over the book so they’re just going to stick with him, or 4. they’re afraid of backlash from firing a well known black writer off their premiere black lead’s solo.
    1. He does have potential, as we saw with S1 before Coates Poison kicked in.

2. The should of worn off by the time marvel had to step in and save his isht run.

3 Redjack has been saying he is down and ready to put in work on T'Challa, and dude has the hit show, which has gotten several nominations by the way, and is a comic vet, perfect replacement. 4 see number 3, was replacement, no backlash. Just doing what's right for the Character

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Is Storm featured in it?
    Storm is in the book. I will not say much more to prevent spoilers, but man......does BP always need so much help?

I just read the Captain Marvel vs Black Panther fight. Hmm.....what happened to BP flies in the face of what has already been established in multiple comics as a BP feat, regarding the result of the match. As a BP fan, one would heavily disagree with the outcome. If you're a Carol Danvers fan, this storyline will probably go down as one of her best and a must read. I know it's her book so, there's that.

So, for that reason I don't feel negatively towards Carol.

But, it also reinforces to me why it is important to have good showings of T'Challa in his OWN main series.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 01-22-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Storm is in the book. I will not say much more to prevent spoilers, but man......does BP always need so much help?
    "No One Man!" :P

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    "No One Man!" :P
    Haha Lol....I guess that was meant literally. SMH

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Wait—there’s a Red Guardian mini coming? Are we getting the rest of the Winter Guard/Peoples Protectorate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Because Agents Of Wakanda is a lacklustre book that only seems marginally better than it actually just off of the fact that Foates Black Panther solo is so atrociously bad.

It's not rocket science.
    This is very true indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Wait—there’s a Red Guardian mini coming? Are we getting the rest of the Winter Guard/Peoples Protectorate?
    No, just him & Belova:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-devin-gra...new-adventure/

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Gotta capitalize on that BW movie hype

I told y'all didn't I? Since Coates has Been writing BP, he has never shown him successfully take out a main baddy (or mini boss) without help. He had him do it once in issue 2 of S1. To which he stupidly got taken out. After that? T'Challa always has help.. which when you watch that vid posted on the other page of what Coates has to say about T'Challa, makes it that much more infuriating