Page 45 of 750 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145545 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    If you read my original quote, I said you can have an upper limit without the suit exploding. Furthermore, every character does not have an upper limit in regards to abilities. The madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets, he doesn't explode. Carol Danvers doesn't explode the more energy she absorbs, nor Rogue.

The energy, IMO, should dissipate. The suit should have an internal relief valve. Can you imagine if someone like Luke Cage or Superman could explode if you hit them to much? Or it that happened to Iron Man/Tony Stark?

Big design flaw for one of the smartest men in Marvel.
    It's logic based posts like yours, that clearly illustrate the definitive traits of actual Black Panther Mythos enthusiasts as opposed to apologists for BP Mythos derailers.

If you read my original quote, I said you can have an upper limit without the suit exploding. Furthermore, every character does not have an upper limit in regards to abilities. The madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets, he doesn't explode. Carol Danvers doesn't explode the more energy she absorbs, nor Rogue.

The energy, IMO, should dissipate. The suit should have an internal relief valve. Can you imagine if someone like Luke Cage or Superman could explode if you hit them to much? Or it that happened to Iron Man/Tony Stark?

Sure I can imagine something exploding if it absorbs too much energy. It's like a water heater. It is designed with a relief valve. But theoretically if its hit with top much too fast it can blow. Its merely a matter of absorbing more energy than it can dissipate. It's exactly the problem something like this might have.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure I can imagine something exploding if it absorbs too much energy. It's like a water heater. It is designed with a relief valve. But theoretically if its hit with top much too fast it can blow. Its merely a matter of absorbing more energy than it can dissipate. It's exactly the problem something like this might have.
    But once again, this limit was not brought up when Carol Danvers and the Hulk were cited.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 01-24-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

The suit doesn’t need to explode, maybe the vibranium can just be rendered temporarily inert and the suit stops working.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The suit doesn’t need to explode, maybe the vibranium can just be rendered temporarily inert and the suit stops working.
    Vibranium going inert temporarily or otherwise and the suit subsequently becoming inoperable shouldn't even be contemplated as an option.

T'Challa just needs to be left alone by inept writers.

Point blank period.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Vibranium going inert temporarily or otherwise and the suit subsequently becoming inoperable shouldn't even be contemplated as an option.

T'Challa just needs to be left alone by inept writers.

Point blank period.
    Perhaps but I’d prefer an inert suit that still lets him fight (despite being vulnerable) over the suit exploding on his person if it gets overcharged. But your second statement is really the best option.
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-24-2020 at 04:08 PM.

"crap, (s)he hit me so hard I felt it through the suit"

I don't know why this is hard lol.

The suit has never been impenetrable. The damn inventor of the thing had to cut by a knife lol. And it has always absorbed energy. The "new" suit just redirects it now.

Thin mesh vibranium weave can take X amount of energy.

X+1 just means T'challa feels it instead.

Coogler showed the suit correctly. Bullets = nothing. Grenade to the chest = ouch. There is a very popular movie which shows how the damn thing works lol. Even if any writer didn't want to do any comic back reading, they for sure saw the damn movie and can scale it from there.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    "crap, (s)he hit me so hard I felt it through the suit"

I don't know why this is hard lol.

The suit has never been impenetrable. The damn inventor of the thing had to cut by a knife lol. And it has always absorbed energy. The "new" suit just redirects it now.

Thin mesh vibranium weave can take X amount of energy.

X+1 just means T'challa feels it instead.

Coogler showed the suit correctly. Bullets = nothing. Grenade to the chest = ouch. There is a very popular movie which shows how the damn thing works lol. Even if any writer didn't want to do any comic back reading, they for sure saw the damn movie and can scale it from there.
    You said this so strong I just had a crazy thought. Is Tchalla the new Bishop? His main weapon is now what Bishops' powers do. He has little agency in his franchise book, but he can look cool in other media/books if the creators do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Remember when she, you know, felt like a God?

Honestly, I was fine with kid looking trolling for the hell of it because she is a God bast, it gave her some development, hell you could even say she appears like a child because her power is greatly diminished, but she had the wisdom of a being who had lived for tens of thousand years. This version of bast was okay up till this issue in terms of attitude because she is so mysterious. However, this bullisht Making her act like a child is just dumb abd serves no purpose but to shade throw more on the mythos.

Trolling kid looking bast ok. Temper tantrum throwing kid bast? Nah

Brian Stelfreeze, Roxane Gaye, Method Man, and More Unite for 'Marvel's Voices' #1

The Marvel Universe is the world outside your window—and next month, some of the most legendary creators in modern Marvel history will join forces for an anthology collection that brings the Super Hero celebration and reflection of the Marvel’s Voices podcast to the page!

Featuring Black Panther, Shuri, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Nick Fury, Silver Surfer, She-Hulk, Doctor Voodoo, Wolverine, Miles Morales, and more, MARVEL'S VOICES #1 enters House of Ideas history at your local comic shop on February 19!

The acclaimed podcast series, which focuses on telling the stories of diverse talent and their unique perspectives, becomes a one-shot of brand-new adventures with 14 Super Hero stories and a set of fascinating web essays.

The all-new tales are crafted by some Marvel all-stars—as well as a few cultural icons making their way to the comic book medium for the very first time, including: Chuck Brown, Evan Narcisse, Roxane Gay, Anthony Piper, Rob Markman, James Monroe Iglehart, Geoff Thorne, Kyle Baker, Brandon Montclare, Brian Stelfreeze, Luciano Vecchio, Vita Ayala, Method Man, Charlamagne the God, Sanford Greene, Jahnoy Lindsay, Brittney L. Williams, Damion Scott, Ray-Anthony Height, Khary Randolph, Natacha Bustos, Bernard Chang, Alitha E. Martinez, JJ Kirby, Matt Herms, Emilio Lopez, Rachelle Rosenberg, Dono Sanchez-Almara, Tamra Bonvillain, and Marcelo Maiolo! And upon the book's release on February 19, thoughtful and inspiring essays by John Jennings, Tatiana King Jones, Regine L. Sawyer, David Betancourt, Karama Horne, Yona Harvey, and Don Mcgregor will be available for reading at Marvel.com/Voices!

"For the first time ever, some of Marvel Comics' greatest Super Heroes—and super fans—have assembled to bring the essence and spirit of Marvel’s Voices to life in the most perfect and appropriate medium…a comic book anthology celebrating Black History Month," notes Voices podcast host Angélique Roché. "Much like Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, the amazing stories, art work, and essays included inside MARVEL'S VOICES span generations, geographic regions, and styles. And it includes some of Marvel’s most beloved legacy characters as well as some brand new additions to the Marvel family.

"From the moment the planning began on MARVEL'S VOICES #1, I knew it would be something extraordinary, but I don’t think I was prepared for exactly how amazing this uniquely cultivated anthology would be. Bringing together artists like Kyle Baker, Brian Stelfreeze, Brittany Williams, and Sanford Greene with writers like Roxane Gaye, Method Man, Vita Ayla, and David Walker has resulted in a perfect amalgamation of culture, creativity, and visual storytelling that Marvel fans know and love."

Get a glimpse at this MARVEL'S VOICES variant cover by the legendary Brian Stelfreeze!

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Brian Stelfreeze, Roxane Gaye, Method Man, and More Unite for 'Marvel's Voices' #1

I already pre-ordered two of the Stelfreeze covers.

basically just have it work like it did on the movies it absorbs energy but if it hits the limit s large amount is dissipated. Or if he is quick enough, he channels the attack and energy through the habit and into the ground, nullifying the attack altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Please please please let Narcisse, or better yet Thorne be the one writing BPs story and not Gay. I so hope Redjack had been keeping it hush hush.

Swing over to the Thor thread an check out the preview for #2. Cates has more excitement with god concepts in 4 pages than Coates has done in 3 years.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Swing over to the Thor thread an check out the preview for #2. Cates has more excitement with god concepts in 4 pages than Coates has done in 3 years.
    In fairness, Cates' God gets to smash things.

Not to say that Coates' Bast is worth a damn.