Page 572 of 750 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622672 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 11243

Who said Gentle...

Knock knock.

Black Panther: "It's the first of the month... Rents due!"

Gentle's Mom: "But I have no money I've been in prison and you denied my work visa!"

Black Panther: "You and your X-son gotta go... Dora Milage PHAMBILI!!!"

Gentle: "Hey, get your hands off my momz!"

General Okoye: "Stop resisting and go quietly."

Gentle: "But I'm Wakandan."

Princess Shuri: "Naw, our lab tests show you are from a different lineage."

Gentle: "Let me see those tests..."

Princess Shuri: "That's classified."

Black Panther: "Make sure to fumigate this room and have them packed and on the runway the Blackbird will be here to pick them up ASAP."

Gentle: "King T'challa I will not go gentle into that goodnight..."

Black Panther: "Whatever, get this boy and his momz up out of here and then place their apartment on the market I have to recoup on my investment... Wait hold up, M'baku what's up player... Listen I think I found the perfect place for you... Yes, great view overlooking downtown... Near the Merchant Tribe market... Rent's cheap by your standards plus your credit is good with me... Neighbors are good people low crime and all that... Let me fix the place up first and then come by tomorrow for a looksee..."

Gentle: "But Wakanda is our home!!!"

Black Panther: "Can't you see I'm on the Kimoyo Bead talking business little X-boy... Sorry M'baku some kid is trying to get my autograph so I'll see you tomorrow."

1-800-RETCONS
    Get Hectic!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I like this too, thst would be just as good as my idea ofcompletely taking off the table that he is Wakandan.

This would give control back to the mythos and turn a ishtty character into something cool.. but there's still the risk that he is an x office character so they may retaliate to that
    Yeah.....I just thought that if Gentle is to remain Wakandan gen make him beneficial to the BP mythos in a way the character profile of BP particularly the trust no one implicitly type BP.

But you are right....the x-faction writers might retaliate in the most uncollaboratively dumb manner but you never know such a character development plot twist fits sqaurely into Hickman's krakoa story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nah, I'd rather neither Gentle or his mother be Wakandan. Just send them both to the X-verse and keep them there. I don't want any reason for the X-verse to involve themselves with Wakanda.
    Yeah....you are probably right. We have been burned way too many times by the X-side.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Yeah.....I just thought that if Gentle is to remain Wakandan gen make him beneficial to the BP mythos in a way the character profile of BP particularly the trust no one implicitly type BP.

But you are right....the x-faction writers might retaliate in the most uncollaboratively dumb manner but you never know such a character development plot twist fits sqaurely into Hickman's krakoa story.
    Ultimately it's Just best to make them non Wakandan, with my idea, Wakanda doesn't look bad because they provided the vibranium to gentle to help keep his power in check and allowing him to live

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You're less likely to be ostracized when you're the king of Wakanda.
    Yeah, about that:

But I'm sure you'll reply that this doesn't count, and the great Ta-Nehesi Coates has a perfectly valid reason for having the KING OF WAKANDA ostracized in the VERY FIRST SCENE of his run. Because when it reflects badly on Wakanda, there's ALWAYS a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Wakanda has two non-native Queens. We all love the one from South Africa, not so much the one from New York. Hunter is obviously not a native, but adheres to the old ways. Peter Parker got cornrows in Wakanda, IIRC. I don't think they treated Wyatt Wingfoot too badly.

T'Challa has been inviting foreigners over for years.

I'm sure every Wakandan has to smirk whenever Captain America throws his mighty shield. I'm sure Wakandans smiles when Sam Wilson had the shield, and the wings.

It all depends on the writing.

I forgot about the Wakanda school. So much room is open to explore further possibilities.
    When was Wyatt in Wakanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Fact remains.....judging by how the x-faction has treated BP n Wakanda.....Gentle was created PRIMARILY to **** on BP. Period!

The x-faction use BP lore as they see fit creating unnecessary random relics and characters that have nothing to do with and did not originate from core BP lore.

Easily infiltrating Wakanda, "saving" Wakanda, simp-igying n cuckery of Tchalla, creating random wakandan x-characters on a whim, accessing, acquiring or having Vibranium on a whim, etc , etc.

BP lore being disrespected, used and spat out REPEATEDLY!!!

BP has never and a STRONGLY suspect not allowed to create any faux mutants to diss on X-Men

BP has never and I STRONGLY suspect not allowed created faux lore to diss on X-Men mythos

BP hardly ever and I STRONGLY suspect not allowed to have stories or plots were BP "saves" the X-Men, easily infiltrate their HQ and so forth.
    Didn't Priest have an issue where T'Challa took down the entire team?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Who said Gentle...

Knock knock.

Black Panther: "It's the first of the month... Rents due!"

Gentle's Mom: "But I have no money I've been in prison and you denied my work visa!"

Black Panther: "You and your X-son gotta go... Dora Milage PHAMBILI!!!"

Gentle: "Hey, get your hands off my momz!"

General Okoye: "Stop resisting and go quietly."

Gentle: "But I'm Wakandan."

Princess Shuri: "Naw, our lab tests show you are from a different lineage."

Gentle: "Let me see those tests..."

Princess Shuri: "That's classified."

Black Panther: "Make sure to fumigate this room and have them packed and on the runway the Blackbird will be here to pick them up ASAP."

Gentle: "King T'challa I will not go gentle into that goodnight..."

Black Panther: "Whatever, get this boy and his momz up out of here and then place their apartment on the market I have to recoup on my investment... Wait hold up, M'baku what's up player... Listen I think I found the perfect place for you... Yes, great view overlooking downtown... Near the Merchant Tribe market... Rent's cheap by your standards plus your credit is good with me... Neighbors are good people low crime and all that... Let me fix the place up first and then come by tomorrow for a looksee..."

Gentle: "But Wakanda is our home!!!"

Black Panther: "Can't you see I'm on the Kimoyo Bead talking business little X-boy... Sorry M'baku some kid is trying to get my autograph so I'll see you tomorrow."

1-800-RETCONS
    Now I need to see this in a Black Panther book lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When was Wyatt in Wakanda?
    Fantastic Four #52 and #53.

BANNED

write your own panther. Flex literally wrote BP... They tell me to create my own OC comics. self publishing for years. now what!

BP needs more heroes behind the pen & pencil!

WWO (Shadow League)
    PQ (Shadow Council) Hhmmmm?

we need more active creators & less complainers

BP for the win

That was Hudlin in Wild kingdom Cross over.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Gentle was such a missed opportunity. You got this xenophobic African civilization home to some of the greatest warriors on planet Earth, this over 10,000 year old kingdom with some of the greatest tech in the MU. And your representative of this nation is a passive, scrawny ass sick kid? Who's biracial because the X-office didn't have the balls to say Wakanda was anti-mutant? Who turns into a weird black Hulk with damn near no martial arts skill or advanced tech? Gentle should've been a young Namor, the opposite of Storm when she got on the X-Men lol. But he's so nondescript and disconnected from the badassery Wakanda is known for that he honestly should've just come from somewhere else in Africa.
    He’s a poorly made & a poorly developed character. It will take too many recon to fix so BP franchiseIs better off using another character

Mighty Member

Wasn't that like 20yrs ago?

How many Wakandan ridiculing plots has the xmen had in that time?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i like the spy idea. nothing else really makes sense.

all those memories Jean pulled out were implants so that Gentle could keep on eye on the mutants. and all that stuff with his powers hurting him is nonsense too. just part of the cover. you could even go so far as to say he's got unconscious programming so that he believes his memories too, until he hears the code phrase.

because there's no way Wakandans are xenophobic against Wakandans. Zero chance of that.
    Agreed.

If there was internal Wakandan dispute it's never xenophobia but rather on religious or political.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    write your own panther. Flex literally wrote BP... They tell me to create my own OC comics. self publishing for years. now what!

BP needs more heroes behind the pen & pencil!

WWO (Shadow League)
    PQ (Shadow Council) Hhmmmm?

we need more active creators & less complainers

BP for the win
    True true....good points.

Now only if some brutha can buy ownership of Lionman and revamp the character in kick ass awesome fashion.