Page 701 of 750 FirstFirst ... 201601651691697698699700701702703704705711 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 11243
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Couldnt have predicted Boseman's death, but the real issue is on how slow Disney got the ball rolling on BP.

Remember they lessened his role in CW and pushed back his release date for Spider-Man. We'll have 3 SM movies before we have our 2nd BP movie. There are streaming shows of Loki who died/alt verse than anyone from Wakanda.

If they really embraced T'Challa from the get go the hardcore people wouldnt be as upset. They'd have had 2 movies already and T'Challa would have played a larger role in Infinity War and Endgame. The work could have been done before his death where fans are fulfilled enough.

They blew it. So now is about engineering something great on its own. Because they wouldnt want a non Boseman level actor running the MCU when they have no idea if he'll be good enough to carry it. This news hurts as far as the larger MCU, but separately they can still make a great film.
    For all we know, there may be edited scenes from the 1st BP that will be re-tooled into having CB in BP2 ....the rest will just have someone in the BP suit all covered up.

Then get lines of dialogue spoken by CB from BP1 and other movies of studios under Disney(if there are any) can also be retooled as speech in scenes where BP is fully covered in BP suit.

We still get CB in BP2 acting and speaking without recasting and/or cgi face implanting on other actors.

Disney has the cash and resources to make this possible.

Me just trying to give some positive scenario here guys.
    Last edited by Besouro; 12-12-2020 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm not gonna start victimising in myself and act like everyone out there is out to get us and take away our fun as BP fans. Now you guys want to twist someone's words and push a narrative that Coogler does not like T'Challa because he probably had to (or is being forced) to make a very difficult decision based on the very real death of someone he knew? I'm as upset as you guys but come on.

I've warned about this behaviour again and again and some of you just keep pushing it further. Not everyone is an enemy. Thinking honestly I might just leave here because some of this stuff is painful to read.
    It is to be expected at this point.

- Denial: we pretty much skipped this one, other than everyone being in shock and disbelief

- Anger: day 1 lol

- Bargaining: "maybe it is during 5 year gap!" "multiverse tchalla!" "maybe they will bring him back in BP3! they never said it si forever!!!!"

- Depression: we are here lol. "Chadwick sucked anyway! T'challa sucked! Coogler sucked! EVERYONE SUCKED!!!

Acceptance will came faster for some than others. I am already there, whatever. In the end, this is just entertainment and my money and if Coogler/Feige/Disney/Whoever doesn't think my favorite character is worth this, then whatever. What can I do? Nothing, absolutely nothing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    King in Black.

That's all I have to say at this time.
    I feel like this may be T'challa's swan song.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    This is my thought process. They all had to bounce off T'Challa to work. During IW, Okoye was bouncing off Black Widow & Scarlet Witch.

Also in IW, Shuri needed Banner to fold under pressure, and Vision's innocent, yet hilarious silence staring at him as he tried to answer her query.

No real menace really went in on M'Baku, so he has yet to be challenged. M'Baku challenged a man that showed him mercy.

T'Challa was the only one stepping on land mines so the rest of them could shine.
    Yeah, I've never go the argument that he was overshadowed. MAYBE killmonger did just because villains can do that sometimes and Kilmonger was really fleshed out, but there is no way okoye, mbaku, shuri, nakia, ross, ect were more important or outshined T'challa lol. that is just silly.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Any chance that this may take place in the 5 year gap between the Avengers film and focus on Wakanda as it recovers in the wake of the Snap? That would explain why T'Challa isnt there. Okoye, Nakia and M'Baku can step forward as the leads. This film can serve as an origin story for the next chapter in BP and introduce someone that might take over the mantle in future films. Maybe someone already did in that time and we will be introduced to him here
    This also makes valid sense given that timeline...if so then BP2 will have to stipulate CLEARLY that it occurs in the 5yrs gap of Tchalla's absence after Infinity war. This will buy time for Disney to recast Tchalla at a later date which is not too soon after CBs sudden passing and will be just in time for BP3 or whatever other MCU movie he will appear in next after BP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    it's also larger than T'Challa.
    This is where I disagree, big time.

Black panther has been "T'challa" since the inception. They didnt' call the comic books, movies, or cartoons "Wakanda" for a reason.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    They know damn well Chad would want T'Challa's adventures to continue. Just disgusted right now.
    You didn't know him personally, you don't know what he would have wanted. None of us here knows.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 12-12-2020 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Black panther has been "T'challa" since the inception. They didnt' call the comic books, movies, or cartoons "Wakanda" for a reason.
    You do know that in-universe, T'Challa is just the latest in a long line of Black Panthers, right? The mantle has always been bigger than one man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    What does Redjack think about this?
    Dude, you are going to put him in trouble with his bosses.

Best he refrains from commenting.... For goodness sake, he is the guy most BP fans in here want to take over as writer for the next BP comics relaunch.

You do know that in-universe, T'Challa is just the latest in a long line of Black Panthers, right? The mantle has always been bigger than one man.
    no, the THEORY that the mantle has always been bigger than one man is there. And it is somethign LOVED to be pushed by"wakanda" fans.

In practice, the stories about Black panther have orbited around one person and one person only. There is like a combined 6 non-tchalla stories since the 60's.

Wakanda is not the draw. T'challa is the draw.

Yeah, but it has always been T'Challa who has had the biggest influence in the marvel universe. Go on any search engine site, Wikipedia and comicvine and type in Black Panther. You don't see a list of previous BPs but only T'Challa. Not T'Chaka, not Shuri, not Bashenga but T'Challa as the main person associated with that mantle.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 12-12-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Anyways, here’s to hoping that T’Challa can keep his mantle in the comics and Marvel announces a relaunch of the solo soon. Redjack probably isn’t writing the solo since he’s got some exciting stuff lined up at DC so I’m hoping for Saladin or Aaron. If David Walker’s not too busy, he’d be great too. Looks like the only interesting T’Challa stuff will be in print for awhile so hopefully Marvel doesn’t mess that up.
    Many writers have done multiple ongoing series simultaneously across different publishers, what's to say tht RJ is incapable?

But it does have the cost of bad quality writing on some writers (not all of them) when stretched across many projects at the same time unless they have good editors and co-writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Dude, you are going to put him in trouble with his bosses.

Best he refrains from commenting.... For goodness sake, he is the guy most BP fans in here want to take over as writer for the next BP comics relaunch.
    He already said what he thinks about this situation.

Ain't nothing gonna happen to Redjack. He's allowed to speak his mind after what he has contributed to the BP brand same way Priest talked about his feelings towards how T'Challa was portrayed in his solo movie.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Disney Animation and Pan-African entertainment company Kugali are creating a new science fiction series called Iwaju:

(The influence seems obvious, no?)
    Nice.... Hopefully it's amazing and not another horrid Princess and the Frog. (Just my opinion).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    18 authors assemble to shed new light on Black Panther and his world. WTF

...the Black Panther inspired an entire audience who never before had seen themselves in a Super Hero universe, as well as heralding a new creative flame in comics, science fiction and literature,” said Holland in Titan's press release. “These authors involved in Black Panther: Tales of Wakanda took that flame and put their own unique cultural marks on the work. This book represents the pure creativity they brought to the worlds of Wakanda and the Black Panther and takes the reader on a tour of the past, present and future of one of comic’s most enduring and exciting characters.”

pick-pockets & vultures. You can't start a fire.... WWO
    What's your problem with having multiple writers explore the BP mythos?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

T'Challa is the BP of the 616 Universe, there's no disputing that but...I also liked Shuri as BP when she held the mantle for a while. Unlike 90% of the comic book readership, I don't get maniacally obsessed with just one character in one particular role for decades, so I'm open to seeing different developments from time to time, to keep things fresh and interesting.

Where the movie is concerned, I admit I'm not a huge superhero movie fan (they're cute but...give me the books any day, every day) they don't ever have to follow what the books are doing at the time...they can give the mantle to Shuri in the movie while T'Challa is still alive and well and BP in the comics. Isn't that the best of both worlds?

Perhaps all this hand-wringing could have been avoided if Marvel's Production Co. had known (keeping it private amongst those who definitely had to know) early on what was happening with Chadwick (perhaps they did, perhaps they didn't) so that they could have put things in place a bit sooner and with less...turmoil. Of course, the never-ending shit-show that is C-19, I'm sure, does not make anything easier.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

The title is Black Panther, not T'Challa. It's true that BP has mainly been T'Challa, but it's a mantle which has been based to characters before, like Shuri and Kasper and many others in the past. All they need to do is pass the mantle in the MCU to another character, even in the MCU it's never been a sole title of T'Challa we've had T'Chaka on screen in that capacity. They have suitable replacements lined up, or they can make one. It's sad that Boseman's death has sidelined T'Challa and we don't know how they're going to play it until the sequel comes out. They could do anything, from body doubles and having T'Challa stay on the sidelines, like letting him decide someone else should take his duties as the Panther while he is king - which might buy time to eventually let the public get over the loss to let someone else be recast as T'Challa. But this is far from the end of Black Panther in the MCU.