Page 507 of 579 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 8674
  1. #7591
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Anyone wanting to say Wakanda is worse off than the rest of the world has to take this into account.



    Looks perfectly fine to me....
    Course, the golden city itself looked just fine at the start of Coates run too. It's the outlying areas which I think were hit harder.

    Point being there's enough room for Coogler to tell whatever story he wants. The final scene does in fact make it look like everything is fine... and we can for the most part make that assumption with the world as a whole from what we saw in Spider-Man. Everyone pretty much is sweeping it all under the carpet... and it's probably fair to assume Wakanda will do. But nonetheless there is a bit of drama that the next BP film (or any film for that matter) can milk from the snap if they choose. Or they can just move on and do their own thing.

    But getting back to the point of T'Challa walking off into the sunset... in large part I think that would determine if this were even an option. If Wakanda is in shambles obviously he wouldn't choose to go anywhere. But if Wakanda is perfectly fine, then it would at least be a possibility if they wanted to write the character out without killing him. Again, it's just about options...

  2. #7592
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    That's honestly the LAST thing I want to see.
    End Game created a mess for the BP franchise
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  3. #7593
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    End Game created a mess for the BP franchise
    While that's potentially true, it's also pretty easy to ignore if you want to. I'm sort of assuming all the movies for the most part are going to ignore the consequences of the snap and just move on like nothing happened. Though if any movie were to be an exception it might be BP.

  4. #7594
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,057

    Default

    Adversary supporters be like:


  5. #7595
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Yeesh, that fight was TOUGH.

    The perfect blend of martial arts, tech and tactics. Where the hell was this T'Challa during Empyre? S***, where the hell was he four years ago?

    And major, MAJOR props to Garron for that art. Those energized gauntlets and that energy dagger design? *chef's kiss*.

    Aaron pulls A LOT of shit with Thor but he hasn't disappointed with BP yet.

  6. #7596
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Yeesh, that fight was TOUGH.

    The perfect blend of martial arts, tech and tactics. Where the hell was this T'Challa during Empyre? S***, where the hell was he four years ago?

    And major, MAJOR props to Garron for that art. Those energized gauntlets and that energy dagger design? *chef's kiss*.

    Aaron pulls A LOT of shit with Thor but he hasn't disappointed with BP yet.
    Yeah, part of me wonders if Aaron shouldn't have been writing a BP book instead of Thor. Not that his Jane book wasn't solid... but poor Odinson. Guy can't catch a break.

    But his BP is fun. I think he maybe over does it with the one time use tech feats... it's almost like watching an Adam West version of Black Panther. But again, that's a relative nitpick. The intent is in the right place as he clearly does want to show a very stacked BP. Would have been cool to see a solo book. Maybe some day.

  7. #7597
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, part of me wonders if Aaron shouldn't have been writing a BP book instead of Thor. Not that his Jane book wasn't solid... but poor Odinson. Guy can't catch a break.

    But his BP is fun. I think he maybe over does it with the one time use tech feats... it's almost like watching an Adam West version of Black Panther. But again, that's a relative nitpick. The intent is in the right place as he clearly does want to show a very stacked BP. Would have been cool to see a solo book. Maybe some day.
    I liked what he did here, as opposed to the solar energy flare stuff and the lightsaber back in the vampire story arc. Energy daggers are a staple (and the design reminded me of Hickman's New Avengers), and while the nanite foam is new, it makes a lot of sense. A foam based on vibranium would be tough to break out of.
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 09-30-2020 at 08:43 AM.

  8. #7598
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    This is probably one of if not the best showing of T'Challa in a long a** time.

  9. #7599
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I liked what he did here, as opposed to the solar energy flare stuff and the lightsaber back in the vampire story arc. Energy daggers are a staple (and the design reminded me of Hickman's New Avengers), and while the nanite foam is new, it makes a lot of sense. A foam based on vibranium would be tough to break out of.
    Energy daggers is a staple.. I agiree. More we see of that, the better as far as I am concerned. That never should have left his standard gear in the first place.

    Not sure about the nanite foam thing... if he uses it again that's fine. If it's another in his long list of one shot tech feats never to be seen again, then I would prefer it if he made better use of the gear he has rather than just inventing one time use tech. But again, this is a nit pick.... not a big deal.

  10. #7600
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Yeesh, that fight was TOUGH.

    The perfect blend of martial arts, tech and tactics. Where the hell was this T'Challa during Empyre? S***, where the hell was he four years ago?

    And major, MAJOR props to Garron for that art. Those energized gauntlets and that energy dagger design? *chef's kiss*.

    Aaron pulls A LOT of shit with Thor but he hasn't disappointed with BP yet.
    The art was dope.

    martial arts, tech, tactics... and BRAVADO. You can't forget the bravado. T'challa was talkin' that shit. "I don't have time to kill you" is all time level trash talk.


    Poor Mjolnir. Leave Mjolnir alone lol.

    I mean, if Khonshu gets to pull bullshit ass pulls, then T'challa can do damnit lol

    Thor is my second favorite character by far but F it at this point lol. Sacrifices must be made
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  11. #7601
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    This is probably one of if not the best showing of T'Challa in a long a** time.
    I mean, shit, for comic T'challa... this issue and beating Swordsman to end Empyre is probably the best month the dude has had since..... BP vs DP? Beating Winter Soldier in Rise? Tiger God?
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-30-2020 at 09:09 AM.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  12. #7602
    Fantastic Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Avengers #36 was damn good. Really interesting stuff from TChalla in his lines. And also with his suit. Why can’t most people draw the suit similar to this with this application of the daggers?

  13. #7603
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Coates T'challa vs Adversary:







    Aaron T'challa vs Elder God Khonshu Wielding multiple all powerful artifacts:



    The king has been f*^%$#& recognised!

  14. #7604
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, the golden city itself looked just fine at the start of Coates run too. It's the outlying areas which I think were hit harder.

    Point being there's enough room for Coogler to tell whatever story he wants. The final scene does in fact make it look like everything is fine... and we can for the most part make that assumption with the world as a whole from what we saw in Spider-Man. Everyone pretty much is sweeping it all under the carpet... and it's probably fair to assume Wakanda will do. But nonetheless there is a bit of drama that the next BP film (or any film for that matter) can milk from the snap if they choose. Or they can just move on and do their own thing.

    But getting back to the point of T'Challa walking off into the sunset... in large part I think that would determine if this were even an option. If Wakanda is in shambles obviously he wouldn't choose to go anywhere. But if Wakanda is perfectly fine, then it would at least be a possibility if they wanted to write the character out without killing him. Again, it's just about options...
    Then what's the point of a Black Panther movie? T'Challa IS the story. I dont care how many people want to go on about Shuri this or M'Baku that; they're not it T'challa is. If people want to see Wakanda without T'Challa then they can go and petition for a D+ show or whatever.

  15. #7605
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Avengers #36 was damn good. Really interesting stuff from TChalla in his lines. And also with his suit. Why can’t most people draw the suit similar to this with this application of the daggers?
    I never understood why the daggers fell out of favor with a lot of writers post Priest. To me it was a pretty unique upgrade both visually and practically. Hopefully more writers use them more often. Shame it didn't make it in the movie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •