Page 511 of 584 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 8757
  1. #7651
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    Avengers was pretty cool all around.

    i can't remember the last time where, you know, T'challa got to throw hands for like an entire issue like that.

    AND we got some god stuff ass pulls!

    This will be the first time I head to the comic book store in 2 years

  2. #7652
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    spoilers:


    That was the ONE part I didn't buy. T'Challa being able to control Thors hammer to the point where he could override Khonshu while Thor could not. Even if a previous BP had familiarity with the hammer, I can't believe they would have greater control than Thor.

    But from what Thor fans say, Aarons tends to job out Thor a bit so this probably isn't surprising. And it's no big deal... just a minor nit pick in an otherwise fun issue.

    end of spoilers
    "Wakandan technology is a match for anyone" -pantherJack

  3. #7653
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Happy independence day to all my fellow Naija peeps.

  4. #7654
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    2,042

    Default

    Just wanted to give a shout-out to T'Challa's showing in Avengers this month. That was definitely a cool fight. Honestly I thought it was going to end at one moment, but then it picks up again. Techniques were pretty cool, though if anyone is familair with African martial arts, is the naming of techniques like that? In Chinese martial arts, there's that poetry and expression, but is it like that in African ones? (Before anything else, yes, I know that Aaron made up the terms, though he did throw in Dambe in there).

    As for the rest of the issue, yeah, it was weak. It was confusing at times, especially with the time jumps and what have you. Think it needs to be read with the previous issues. But T'Challa certainly had a great showing!
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  5. #7655
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    "Wakandan technology is a match for anyone" -pantherJack
    Didn't have a whole lot to do with Wakandan technology.

    More than anything, this was Aaron being Aaron. Sucks to be Thor, but what can ya do. Thor is looking real good in his own book, so I guess it all balances out.

  6. #7656
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'chalal is gonna get wrecked by Killmonger, watched

    T'challa will defeat him by the power of poetry or some shit lol
    Ugh, right? Beaten and broken, and relying on Storm to save the day

  7. #7657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Todd McFarlene's trbute to Chadwick Boseman

    Enduring props for Mr. Boseman but has McFarlane ever apologized for disparaging Milestone back in the 1990s, calling them "get whitey" comics and insisting that Spawn was in comparison the "right way" to convey a black character?

  8. #7658
    Mighty Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Didn't have a whole lot to do with Wakandan technology.

    More than anything, this was Aaron being Aaron. Sucks to be Thor, but what can ya do. Thor is looking real good in his own book, so I guess it all balances out.
    Yo, X it's okay to give any kind of dap to T'Challa getting just a little bit of come up since this is still HIS appreciation thread

  9. #7659
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Coates reaction after seeing Aaron's Black Panther vs Moon Knight fight:

    I would legit be surprised if Coates rethought hos whole ending and actually ended the book with something good take advantage of the artist he has and have an epic ended with T'CHALLA doing the heavy lifting and getting the lions share of feats and decisive victory with poetry and flowery talk kept to an absolute minimum

  10. #7660
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would legit be surprised if Coates rethought hos whole ending and actually ended the book with something good take advantage of the artist he has and have an epic ended with T'CHALLA doing the heavy lifting and getting the lions share of feats and decisive victory with poetry and flowery talk kept to an absolute minimum
    Coates gonna do what?


  11. #7661
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yo, X it's okay to give any kind of dap to T'Challa getting just a little bit of come up since this is still HIS appreciation thread
    Eh... I'm not necessarily a huge fan of crappy writing even if it's in favor of characters I like. I think with a bit more effort Aaron probably could have come up with a way for T'Challa to look good which made a bit more sense.

    BUT it's a nit pick. Aaron required the story to get from point A to point B, and he got it there. So it's not the end of the world.

  12. #7662
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Enduring props for Mr. Boseman but has McFarlane ever apologized for disparaging Milestone back in the 1990s, calling them "get whitey" comics and insisting that Spawn was in comparison the "right way" to convey a black character?
    Wow, really?

    That aside, might as well add to the chorus --- this week's Avengers was great. A much-deserved reminder of who the King is.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  13. #7663
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Coates gonna do what?

    I know I know, Coates is gonna Coates but it would be nice if he did just one good solid, no strings attached thing for T'Challa thst was laced, covered, and drizzled in bullisht

  14. #7664
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh... I'm not necessarily a huge fan of crappy writing even if it's in favor of characters I like. I think with a bit more effort Aaron probably could have come up with a way for T'Challa to look good which made a bit more sense.

    BUT it's a nit pick. Aaron required the story to get from point A to point B, and he got it there. So it's not the end of the world.


  15. #7665
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I know I know, Coates is gonna Coates but it would be nice if he did just one good solid, no strings attached thing for T'Challa thst was laced, covered, and drizzled in bullisht
    I did think this arc had T'Challa as much more a badass action hero (not initially, but after he regained his memory). I think Wakanda doesn't hold up well, but T'Challa has been the hero on quite a few occasions.

    Now, ask me to recall the specific issue and I'll flounder because they were, what, eight months ago?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •