Page 144 of 296 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 4429
  1. #2146
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Here is a post about T'challa...


    https://www.cbr.com/storm-new-abilities-black-panther/


    T'challa is mentioned in the first paragraph so he has that going for him!
    Get Hectic!

  2. #2147
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    741

    Default

    In a survey T'Challa was voted #9 in the top 10 superheroes in the US.

    https://www.newsarama.com/49393-supe...-beats-dc.html

  3. #2148
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    In a survey T'Challa was voted #9 in the top 10 superheroes in the US.

    https://www.newsarama.com/49393-supe...-beats-dc.html
    He beat Wolverine. That's something to brag about.

  4. #2149
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Three of Batman's villains on the list had their own films although Catwoman and the Harley Quinn movie did not sell as well as Joker did!


    The goal should be to get Killmonger, Zanda and any other of the Black Panther rogues gallery on that list which helps boost the main character Black Panther!


    Most on that list had decades worth of a head start but as some have said in the comments section below the movies helped elevate their public status!


    Think of it like college football rankings where strength of schedule helps move you up the ladder!


    The tougher the villains are the more respect you receive from the voters as the season progresses!


    Characters like Batman and Superman have villains that rival them beyond the standard issue comic book reader!


    Shuri would have made the list but she was in school trying to better herself... (I kid I kid)
    Get Hectic!

  5. #2150
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Here is a post about T'challa...


    https://www.cbr.com/storm-new-abilities-black-panther/


    T'challa is mentioned in the first paragraph so he has that going for him!
    This was........Ok.
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  6. #2151
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    In a survey T'Challa was voted #9 in the top 10 superheroes in the US.

    https://www.newsarama.com/49393-supe...-beats-dc.html
    I’m honestly surprised about that list. Definitely shocked Hulk isn’t on it guess it goes to show how much a movie and media appearances can do for a character. Wondering how it was conducted though, did everyone who voted only get one vote? Or did they list their favorite characters in general? How many people voted? Etc.

    Also not expecting to see some of these characters on this list again in future years if this popularity isn’t taken advantage of.

  7. #2152
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Zanda is already the greatest villian ever. Just ask her.
    I can't even think of any actress' that would do her justice.

    As for Shuri.
    My vote would be tech specific genius only.
    She can be wakandas tony Stark. While Tchalla remains the true intelligence of Wakanda.

  8. #2153
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Zanda is already the greatest villian ever. Just ask her.
    I can't even think of any actress' that would do her justice.

    As for Shuri.
    My vote would be tech specific genius only.
    She can be wakandas tony Stark. While Tchalla remains the true intelligence of Wakanda.
    Eh... I'm sort of on the fence about Zanda. Obviously an MCU version can do whatever they want with the character. But on the comic side at least, her last 2 appearances were her losing a cat fight to Storm in a mall, and going undercover in a KFC drive thru. She almost sounds more like a Deadpool character than a BP character.

  9. #2154
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh... I'm sort of on the fence about Zanda. Obviously an MCU version can do whatever they want with the character. But on the comic side at least, her last 2 appearances were her losing a cat fight to Storm in a mall, and going undercover in a KFC drive thru. She almost sounds more like a Deadpool character than a BP character.
    Meanwhile animated Zanda was so overpowered that the only way they were able to defeat her is because she couldn't stop talking and got hit by debris.

  10. #2155
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Meanwhile animated Zanda was so overpowered that the only way they were able to defeat her is because she couldn't stop talking and got hit by debris.
    Exactly, her biggest weakness and downfall wad her vanity, as T'Challa said to her.. that's the zanda I wanna see in the Comics, one that's actually a threat and an all around fun character. But to be fair it never seemed like T'Challa was ever seriously trying to fight her head on and always tried to subdue her

  11. #2156
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Exactly, her biggest weakness and downfall wad her vanity, as T'Challa said to her.. that's the zanda I wanna see in the Comics, one that's actually a threat and an all around fun character. But to be fair it never seemed like T'Challa was ever seriously trying to fight her head on and always tried to subdue her
    I mean, practically everyone tried to subdue her to no avail. It seemed almost impossible to get a clean win against her for more then a second.

    She was more overpowered then the show's actual main villain.

  12. #2157
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Meanwhile animated Zanda was so overpowered that the only way they were able to defeat her is because she couldn't stop talking and got hit by debris.
    It is nice when you have a villain actually capable of beating the hero. Outside of Doom, Thanos, and Magneto it's a rare thing in this day and age.

    Hopefully we see more of that.

  13. #2158
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    XPac this link is just for you nobody else click on it because it's way too disturbing and will give you nightmares...


    The Princess Zanda blueprints...


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4QDCFvpLX4


    Just like MCU Killmonger being an upgrade to the comic's version Princess Zanda could rock!


    Redjack was most likely limited due to it being a children's cartoon but an actual rival princess to Wakanda could start wars unimaginable!


    Like Doomwar if T'challa gave Zanda a pyrrhic victory speech after a full blown Lord of The Rings battle with dead Wakandans and Narobian blood spilled all over the killing fields it would be ever so... SEXY!


    Plus she has diplomatic immunity and all types of political machinations in play that could be utilized regularly... I mean does Batman ever really sock the ISH out of Catwoman as he does Joker, Bane and them because that could often be borderline domestic abuse so he holds back a bit!
    Get Hectic!

  14. #2159
    Incredible Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    508

    Default

    SPEAKING WITH
    THR
    , THE STAR REVEALED HIS CHARACTER, M'BAKU, HAD MOST OF HIS FIGHTING SCENES CUT DURING POST-PRODUCTION. "THE RAW FOOTAGE WAS JUST SO LONG WITH EVERYONE THAT MY STUFF DIDN'T MAKE IT IN. I FILMED SO MUCH FIGHTING FOR IT, AND I WAS REALLY BUMMED TO NOT SEE ANY OF IT IN THE MOVIE," DUKE EXPLAINED.
    "I DID SO MANY FIGHTING SCENES IN ENDGAME DURING THAT FINAL BATTLE… IT WAS REALLY COOL."
    THOUGH HE LAMENTED THE REMOVAL OF HIS SCENES, HE ACKNOWLEDGED, "MARVEL KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING, AND IT ALL LEADS TO THE BEST PRODUCT. SO, I AM HAPPY; I WAS JUST VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT NOBODY GOT TO SEE ALL THE STUFF I WAS DOING."


    Duke also provided an answer regarding whether Ryan Coogler had given him any ideas on where M'Baku is headed in Black Panther 2. "Not a glimpse. We're just waiting to see where it goes. I've seen nothing, I've heard nothing, I haven't been told a thing. I just trust that they're going to invest in M'Baku and tell a really bold story."
    https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-wi...ampaign=CBR-TW

  15. #2160
    Get Hectic! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Considering what is happening in the real world outside of this thread you Wakandans be safe out there and exercise obvious precautions and safety protocols!
    Get Hectic!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •