Page 226 of 750 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326726 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 11243

A bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    A bonus

I’ll say it again: I miss the cape. Yeah it’s not “practical” but damn if it doesn’t add to the regal look and is damn cool.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

MCU Direct
    @MCU_Direct
    The #BlackPanther sequel is currently listed to begin filming next year on March 1st! More details: https://thedirect.com/article/shooti...vol-3-revealed
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 05-15-2020 at 10:36 PM.

Artwork:
    @psychboz

#blackpanther2 #avengers #marvel #mcu

Re: Me ever getting to write the BP comic book:

Pretty sure that ship has sailed. Don't think it's ever happening.

Re: BP vs Namor

It was an error to have Namor or anyone destroy Wakanda. Story-wise it undermines the brand and all the characters concerned. Minimally, thousands would have died in that flooding T'Challa's first order of business after that should have been to kill Namor and destroy Atlantis. Every breath of air Namor breathes is not a mercy. it's a means of making T'Challa a punk. Just as destroying the unbeatable nation did the same to Wakanda.

Its like having the little white guy beat the crqp out of the most dangerous black guy to show how absolutely badass he is.

it's bullshit every time it presents.

If the MCU is foolish enough to repeat this, they will kill the Black Panther franchise because the wider audience will never accept T'Challa NOT killing Namor in retaliation and while doing THAT would destroy any concept of multi-cultural crossover hero that the company has cultivated thus far.

it was [redacted]ing stupid in the comics and it's suicide if they do it in the movies.
    Last edited by Redjack; 05-16-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Thats too bad Red Jack. I would have loved to see the direction you chose to go in

As for Namor V Tchalla in the MCU, i wouldn't put it past them to showcased Tchalla failing a second time and being saved by surrounding cast. Namor Ofcourse will have a strong first showing which doesn't have to mean Tchalla needs a weak done. Both can be done as with Cap 2 and Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Thats too bad Red Jack. I would have loved to see the direction you chose to go in

As for Namor V Tchalla in the MCU, i wouldn't put it past them to showcased Tchalla failing a second time and being saved by surrounding cast. Namor Ofcourse will have a strong first showing which doesn't have to mean Tchalla needs a weak done. Both can be done as with Cap 2 and Bucky.
    If Namor is the villain, he will obviously lose. But yes... like Winter Soldier I'm sure they will give him a good showing (assuming he's in the movie at all of course). No one benefits from anyone looking bad. And given Coogler did a very good job making Killmonger look good, I wouldn't be worried about Namor. I'm sure everyone will end up looking fine if they decide to go that route.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

A bonus

Awesome. Very, very awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Let me tell you something: if you cast someone like Denzel Washington as Achebe for the sequel, the internet will break. We need to stop looking at Black Panther as just another MCU or superhero film. Hell, Marvel Studios needs to start taking their movies a bit more seriously if you ask me.

Black Panther had hype and was the most talked about movie on Twitter in 2017 (a whole year before it's release) because of the cast it was amassing. Every month there was a new addition of either a legendary black actor/actress like Angela Bassett or Forest Whitaker, or up-and-coming stars like Lupita N'yongo or Letitia Wright. That's what the people want. Fanboys only think about what these movies can give them. But we all know that these studios don't cater to us fanboys. Fanboys only want Namor in BP2 only to introduce Atlantis and a character that hasn't been tainted by FOX, and to give them a kingdom Vs kingdom war that feels epic and straight out of s comic book (or a Saturday morning cartoon). And they only want Doctor Doom because he has been tainted by FOX three times, and they see it as an opportunity to right those wrongs and introduce him to the MCU.

They don't care about making a better Black Panther, because many of them didn't like the first one anyway. They don't care about elevating T'Challa or anyone else in his supporting cast, or elevating the franchise to greater heights. We all know a lot of fanboys are WASPs so a franchise as black and African as BP doesn't even appeal to them.

That kinda went on a different tangent, but my point is, a Black Panther movie will feel big and epic to the people that actually matter if you cast one of their own in major roles, while making it a great movie. Adding characters that the general audience has no attachment to will not do that. I'm tired of people thinking this way.
    Now you finally seem to get it. Welcome aboard.

Now once you start appreciating Coates work more and hoping for an influence in future films we'll be practically brothers. All in good time I guess.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

1. My love for the Black Panther movie has always been that it took itself more seriously than the rest of them. It's better than a lot of them because of this. This isn't some new hot take from me.

2. Absolutely nothing I said has to do with Coates and it never will.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

What would you guys say is Black Panther’s rogues gallery? One example I’ve seen:

Ulysses Klaw, Erik Killmonger, Man-Ape, Baron Macabre, King Cadaver, Kiber the Cruel, Madame Slay, Salamander K'ruel, Princess Zanda, Malice, Lord Karnaj, Sombre, Tetu, Zenzi, Reverend Achebe, Sons of the Serpent, Colonel Fritz Klaue

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Re: Me ever getting to write the BP comic book:

Pretty sure that ship has sailed. Don't think it's ever happening.

Re: BP vs Namor

It was an error to have Namor or anyone destroy Wakanda. Story-wise it undermines the brand and all the characters concerned. Minimally, thousands would have died in that flooding T'Challa's first order of business after that should have been to kill Namor and destroy Atlantis. Every breath of air Namor breathes is not a mercy. it's a means of making T'Challa a punk. Just as destroying the unbeatable nation did the same to Wakanda.

Its like having the little white guy beat the crqp out of the most dangerous black guy to show how absolutely badass he is.

it's bullshit every time it presents.

If the MCU is foolish enough to repeat this, they will kill the Black Panther franchise because the wider audience will never accept T'Challa NOT killing Namor in retaliation and while doing THAT would destroy any concept of multi-cultural crossover hero that the company has cultivated thus far.

it was [redacted]ing stupid in the comics and it's suicide if they do it in the movies.
    I dunno why, but your first part really grinds my gears... Alot. BP quest was great, it garnered praise, and showcased you understand TChalla and Wakanda. WHY the he wouldn't marvel take a comic write who will give them consistency, rather then possibly take another gamble on an 'intellectual' and have to use gimmicks and overshipping, to save a sinking ship once the hype (mainly from the movie, 50 year anniversary, and a isht ton of variants) quickly waned.

As for the rest? Yeah I agree. It was stupid of Marvel to allow Wakanda to be flooded and not have immediate consequences and the utter obliteration of Atlantis with Namors head on a pike (add further insult to injury when not only does Namor not get killed by TChalla, he gets killed in a c Lister book that undermined it's own team later in the book), and destroyed by Thanos. Especially because we then got the bullisht of secrets empire where frakking Faustus using a complete ass pull, defeats Wakanda.. if it were up to me, all of that would be fixed.. immediately. By the time I was done, Wakanda would be reclaiming that title again

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Awesome. Very, very awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    No problem, I enjoy the times when this thread takes a couple of pages to appreciate beautiful BP art

Astonishing Member

I dunno why, but your first part really grinds my gears... Alot. BP quest was great, it garnered praise, and showcased you understand TChalla and Wakanda. WHY the he wouldn't marvel take a comic write who will give them consistency, rather then possibly take another gamble on an 'intellectual' and have to use gimmicks and overshipping, to save a sinking ship once the hype (mainly from the movie, 50 year anniversary, and a isht ton of variants) quickly waned.

As for the rest? Yeah I agree. It was stupid of Marvel to allow Wakanda to be flooded and not have immediate consequences and the utter obliteration of Atlantis with Namors head on a pike (add further insult to injury when not only does Namor not get killed by TChalla, he gets killed in a c Lister book that undermined it's own team later in the book), and destroyed by Thanos. Especially because we then got the bullisht of secrets empire where frakking Faustus using a complete ass pull, defeats Wakanda.. if it were up to me, all of that would be fixed.. immediately. By the time I was done, Wakanda would be reclaiming that title again
    It always confused me why Namor was allowed to live at the end of Secret Wars. T’Challa really was screwed over out of a well earned victory especially when you consider how Namor just ended up getting killed in an irrelevant team book. He didn’t even have to stay dead for long, T’Challa should’ve just taken the W and the closure that comes with killing an unrepentant murderer of his people.

Comic fans accepted it (loved it in fact), but like Redjack said movie goers aren’t going to look favorably on T’Challa for not getting justice on Namor if he were to flood the Golden City. This is why I strongly doubt they’re gonna go in that direction. It’s very damaging for his character as Marvel’s new cash cow and isn’t worth doing it to prop up what will likely be a secondary character at best in the MCU. Namor won’t get a solo movie and with Aquaman already off the ground I doubt their gonna build him up too much. There’s no point chumping out T’Challa in his own movie just to establish the Atlantean threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    1. My love for the Black Panther movie has always been that it took itself more seriously than the rest of them. It's better than a lot of them because of this. This isn't some new hot take from me.

2. Absolutely nothing I said has to do with Coates and it never will.
    Whatever you say bud. Hopefully you gain a greater appreciation in time tho.

I do like the Denzel suggestion. However, if they go Achebe they got a better shot at John David Washington than Denzel. Fear he'll be too busy for these long shoots.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 05-16-2020 at 08:20 PM.