Page 482 of 590 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532582 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 8836
  1. #7216
    Fantastic Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think they're either Prowlers, or Pouncers, both being panther-shaped giant robots built to defend Wakanda, though the Pouncers are more streamlined and designed for agility and maneuverability, while the Prowlers have more firepower. The Prowlers first appeared in Christopher Priest's Black Panther run, whereas the Pouncers showed up in Rise of the Black Panther. That said, either or both would be awesome to see in future comics or games featuring or starring Black Panther.
    Yes. Or in the next movie if there is one. Would look incredible on the big screen. Like one of those transformers.

  2. #7217
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yes. Or in the next movie if there is one. Would look incredible on the big screen. Like one of those transformers.
    True enough. And speaking of Transformers, one of the Black Panther toys I saw was a jet vehicle that could turn into a robotic panther. Transmetal Maximals from Beast Wars, anyone?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  3. #7218
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Namor actually admitted that he wanted to flood Wakanda, it wasn't just the Phoenix Force that made him do it. I can't recall the issue off the top of my head.
    He admitted to T'Challa that he wanted to flood Wakanda, but admitted to hope that he wasn't in control of himself. Depends on which version you want to believe.

    My personal opinion is that Namor would rather T'Challa believe he was a mass murderer than controlled by something else as a matter of pride. With Hope he would be willing to show a little but of vulnerability, but he would never admit that to T'Challa. And I think deep down that's what T'Challa always thought anyways... which is why in the end he sort of dropped the matter. Of course, that's just my interpretation... it's open ended enough for people to make their own conclusions.

  4. #7219
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Agreed. Would especially love to see T'Challa outmaneuvering and outplaying all these competing factions.
    This could be the single greatest thing JA could do for T'Challa. I don't care about all the one off tech, I want to see T'Challa outplaying these guys both physically, politically, and tactically while utilising his standard gear with the occasional on the fly tech.

  5. #7220
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He admitted to T'Challa that he wanted to flood Wakanda, but admitted to hope that he wasn't in control of himself. Depends on which version you want to believe.

    My personal opinion is that Namor would rather T'Challa believe he was a mass murderer than controlled by something else as a matter of pride. With Hope he would be willing to show a little but of vulnerability, but he would never admit that to T'Challa. And I think deep down that's what T'Challa always thought anyways... which is why in the end he sort of dropped the matter. Of course, that's just my interpretation... it's open ended enough for people to make their own conclusions.
    So..... it was a matter of the Phoenix simply removing inhibitions? That tracks with the space bird; half the problems Jean Gray got into basically just boil down to that. I find it hard to fault Namor if a cosmic manifestation of universal recycling made him act on a plan he might've considered but never intended to actually go through with (which seems to fit what you're saying here). Hell, real nations have plans to deal with going to war against other countries, even their allies....just in case. Atlantis flooding Wakanda sounds a lot like one of those "in case of emergency break glass" kind of plans; there just on the off chance you need it, but not something you actually think you'll ever use.

    All that said, from what I saw in Hickman's Avengers, T'Challa should've just cut Namor's head off, called it retribution for the horrific events in Wakanda, and called it a day.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  6. #7221
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I generally like Aaron's comics but idk if he is that type of writer to pull of thta sourt of political maneurving.
    The superpowered arms race between the great powers of the MU is the most interesting part of this entire run. T'Challa being at the head of the Avengers rn makes perfect sense with that in mind. The reason it's not getting well developed and why the run in general is meh at best is because he's throwing too much stuff into a single comic.

    The Winter Guard, Defenders of the Deep, Squadron Supreme, and even the vampires all can fit into a single epic. Because they can all be tied to a single character seamlessly, even if I think Mephisto being the big bad is kinda boring. But when you throw in the cosmic stuff with the Avengers BC, this one off Moon Knight story, the Phoenix, and god knows what else it's just too much. There's enough subplots to do a whole line of Avengers comics but for whatever reason Marvel and/or Aaron don't want to do that.

  7. #7222
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This could be the single greatest thing JA could do for T'Challa. I don't care about all the one off tech, I want to see T'Challa outplaying these guys both physically, politically, and tactically while utilising his standard gear with the occasional on the fly tech.
    Yeah, all the tech is cool and awesome to see in action, but what would be even cooler and more awesome to see in action would be T'Challa's strategic mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The superpowered arms race between the great powers of the MU is the most interesting part of this entire run. T'Challa being at the head of the Avengers rn makes perfect sense with that in mind. The reason it's not getting well developed and why the run in general is meh at best is because he's throwing too much stuff into a single comic.

    The Winter Guard, Defenders of the Deep, Squadron Supreme, and even the vampires all can fit into a single epic. Because they can all be tied to a single character seamlessly, even if I think Mephisto being the big bad is kinda boring. But when you throw in the cosmic stuff with the Avengers BC, this one off Moon Knight story, the Phoenix, and god knows what else it's just too much. There's enough subplots to do a whole line of Avengers comics but for whatever reason Marvel and/or Aaron don't want to do that.
    Agreed. I'm really hoping that all this other stuff is just Aaron getting it out of his system before he caps off his run with the Avengers caught in the middle of (averting) a new World War, but with literal superpowers in the mix. I could see that being Mephisto's endgame, to sow so much chaos and discord and conflict that it culminates in superpowers being used as tools of warfare and mass death, plunging the world into a kind of hell on Earth.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #7223
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The superpowered arms race between the great powers of the MU is the most interesting part of this entire run. T'Challa being at the head of the Avengers rn makes perfect sense with that in mind. The reason it's not getting well developed and why the run in general is meh at best is because he's throwing too much stuff into a single comic.

    The Winter Guard, Defenders of the Deep, Squadron Supreme, and even the vampires all can fit into a single epic. Because they can all be tied to a single character seamlessly, even if I think Mephisto being the big bad is kinda boring. But when you throw in the cosmic stuff with the Avengers BC, this one off Moon Knight story, the Phoenix, and god knows what else it's just too much. There's enough subplots to do a whole line of Avengers comics but for whatever reason Marvel and/or Aaron don't want to do that.
    Yeah, all of these threats really don't need to to be connected to Mephisto because like you said, he'd have to cram alot of characters into one plot thread. Best if at least a few were it's own separate threat.

  9. #7224
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So..... it was a matter of the Phoenix simply removing inhibitions? That tracks with the space bird; half the problems Jean Gray got into basically just boil down to that. I find it hard to fault Namor if a cosmic manifestation of universal recycling made him act on a plan he might've considered but never intended to actually go through with (which seems to fit what you're saying here). Hell, real nations have plans to deal with going to war against other countries, even their allies....just in case. Atlantis flooding Wakanda sounds a lot like one of those "in case of emergency break glass" kind of plans; there just on the off chance you need it, but not something you actually think you'll ever use.

    All that said, from what I saw in Hickman's Avengers, T'Challa should've just cut Namor's head off, called it retribution for the horrific events in Wakanda, and called it a day.
    I mean, he made it very clear that he showed no remorse and the reason he flooded Wakanda was because he had the power to do so with the phoenix, otherwise he would of been obliterated by Wakandan tech before he so much as made a splash. He showed no remorse and wished he could of killed more in tro. And yes I agree, T'Challa should of been able to kill him in Hickmans run, especially since Hickman no longer had use for Namor other then to crack jokes at the end

  10. #7225
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The superpowered arms race between the great powers of the MU is the most interesting part of this entire run. T'Challa being at the head of the Avengers rn makes perfect sense with that in mind. The reason it's not getting well developed and why the run in general is meh at best is because he's throwing too much stuff into a single comic.

    The Winter Guard, Defenders of the Deep, Squadron Supreme, and even the vampires all can fit into a single epic. Because they can all be tied to a single character seamlessly, even if I think Mephisto being the big bad is kinda boring. But when you throw in the cosmic stuff with the Avengers BC, this one off Moon Knight story, the Phoenix, and god knows what else it's just too much. There's enough subplots to do a whole line of Avengers comics but for whatever reason Marvel and/or Aaron don't want to do that.
    it's like JA has A.D.D he keeps in adding all this stuff that frankly I don't care about. Like you said the super hero arms race is way more interesting and I want to see that unfold before his rub ends

  11. #7226
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean, he made it very clear that he showed no remorse and the reason he flooded Wakanda was because he had the power to do so with the phoenix, otherwise he would of been obliterated by Wakandan tech before he so much as made a splash. He showed no remorse and wished he could of killed more in tro. And yes I agree, T'Challa should of been able to kill him in Hickmans run, especially since Hickman no longer had use for Namor other then to crack jokes at the end
    I personally think XPac is right about how Namor looks at the situation. He's bullheaded, arrogant, and at that particular moment had already lost his kingdom to T'Challa's trickery. He clearly felt shitty about having just killed billions in order to protect the world and T'Challa (in one of his most OOC moments) is berating him only a few moments later.

    So he lashed out and lied to T'Challa and perhaps even himself by saying he'd wished he killed more Wakandans when they both knew deep down he wasn't fully in control of himself in the first place. I don't necessarily have an issue with that, I have an issue with the way they got all friendly after this admission. Even if T'Challa knew Namor was lying, to be cracking jokes with a dude that's responsible for your sister dying and wished he'd killed more of your people doesn't make sense.

    I don't think T'Challa would take that kind of disrespect lightly even if it came from a place of emotional stress. Especially since he can't completely trust Namor even under regular circumstances. I guess it's part of the nihilist sentiment built into that entire run. Like it doesn't matter if two men who destroyed each other's lives start sharing laughs, since the world is dying anyway and nothing matters lol. But it was poorly developed and had the effect of depriving T'Challa of his justified revenge, which creates an imbalance in their respective arcs.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-19-2020 at 04:27 PM.

  12. #7227
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So..... it was a matter of the Phoenix simply removing inhibitions? That tracks with the space bird; half the problems Jean Gray got into basically just boil down to that. I find it hard to fault Namor if a cosmic manifestation of universal recycling made him act on a plan he might've considered but never intended to actually go through with (which seems to fit what you're saying here). Hell, real nations have plans to deal with going to war against other countries, even their allies....just in case. Atlantis flooding Wakanda sounds a lot like one of those "in case of emergency break glass" kind of plans; there just on the off chance you need it, but not something you actually think you'll ever use.

    All that said, from what I saw in Hickman's Avengers, T'Challa should've just cut Namor's head off, called it retribution for the horrific events in Wakanda, and called it a day.
    It was never marvels intent for Namor to legit become a full on villain... so Namors actions needed enough of an out to where he can still be fighting alongside the Invaders, the Illuminati, and Squadron Supreme. It's a bit of a balancing act as Namor does occasionally play the role of an antagonist... he's in fact doing it now. But anytime he goes TOO far, there's always a built in out. Because again, the idea is not for him to become a full on villain.

  13. #7228
    Mighty Member MoneySpider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So..... it was a matter of the Phoenix simply removing inhibitions? That tracks with the space bird; half the problems Jean Gray got into basically just boil down to that. I find it hard to fault Namor if a cosmic manifestation of universal recycling made him act on a plan he might've considered but never intended to actually go through with (which seems to fit what you're saying here). Hell, real nations have plans to deal with going to war against other countries, even their allies....just in case. Atlantis flooding Wakanda sounds a lot like one of those "in case of emergency break glass" kind of plans; there just on the off chance you need it, but not something you actually think you'll ever use.

    All that said, from what I saw in Hickman's Avengers, T'Challa should've just cut Namor's head off, called it retribution for the horrific events in Wakanda, and called it a day.
    Yeah, and I recall T'Challa driving a knife into Namor's heart or something at some point in New Avengers, but Namor didn't die from that, for whatever reason. So it's not like T'Challa didn't TRY to kill him for what he did to Wakanda.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

  14. #7229
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    What do you all think the ceremonial masks from the movies were supposed to be made from? I'm getting ready to carve a pendant sized panther one in stone so have been looking closely at images for detail. It looks like some of the edges are slightly polished from wear like it's metal. Early less refined vibranium?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

  15. #7230
    Spectacular Member Paul Muad'Dib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    The State Of Misery (pronouced Missouri)
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Still? Disney knows the people from Atlantis are black. Which means Namor is…

    how come BP fans are okay with culture white-washing just so the story can have a revenge plot.



    Hmmmm? the one Disney princess you never hear about. interesting


    Why accept certain Loses. People like me exist because these creators failed the Black Panther. Doom gets enhanced powers in Doom-Wars. That’s an “L”!

    to keep the black man down! Ha! L after L

    ever seen the show/comic "The Boys"? I exist because... some comicbook creators are the true villians.

    White-washed Namor flooding Wakanda with.... lies

    become one of the boys

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •