Page 687 of 750 FirstFirst ... 187587637677683684685686687688689690691697737 ... LastLast
Results 10,291 to 10,305 of 11243

I woudln't be nearly as mad if IW and EG actually featured T'challa in a big way.

Those movies felt like a preview of the future. Not the conclusion of the story.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    In lighter news, Black Panther definitely seems to have kickstarted a new movement in afrofuturism and afrofantasy, which we've touched on in this thread before. Children of Blood and Bone D+ series has massive potential if it gets a Mandalorian style budget. And Iwaju could make waves as well in the realm of sci-fi. Disney clearly got the message that audiences can accept and will support African culture in a fantastical, headlining light and even if the BP franchise doesn't go in the direction I want, I'm insanely happy more projects like it are getting greenlit.
    It's bitter sweet man, like I'm happy that they realize the demographic, I just wish we didn't have to sacrifice this very special character to get it ya know? Everything about T'Challa from. His creation and on is just... Special.

Welp looks like I'll only get my T'Challa fix from fan films.

I wonder how these billion dollar companies always manage to make the wrong decision again and again.

Bruce Wayne was played by 3 different actors within a span of 9 years but we can't get a new T'Challa because...

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    Welp looks like I'll only get my T'Challa fix from fan films.

I wonder how these billion dollar companies always manage to make the wrong decision again and again.

Bruce Wayne was played by 3 different actors within a span of 9 years but we can't get a new T'Challa because...
    Reeves broke his damn neck and the still kept pumping out superman
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Or does the push for live action MIles Morales really takes off before Static's film starts casting.
    The last thing Marvel wants to do is make a Sony character popular enough for Sony turn around and hold hostage. Kasper Cole?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I mean I really have to think about how Coogler feels. I get the impression he was completely blindsided by Chadwick's illness and death the way we all were. And maybe as the director and writer of the film he feels like he can't do it with anyone else. I feel like if the choice is coming from him, I feel better about it. I want his heart to be in it whatever happens.
    Given what Coogler wrote in his tribute to Chadwick, he both deeply admired the man and was completely blindsided about the news of his death.

That puts a lot of this in a kind of perspective.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's bitter sweet man, like I'm happy that they realize the demographic, I just wish we didn't have to sacrifice this very special character to get it ya know? Everything about T'Challa from. His creation and on is just... Special.
    Yea it sucks and I'll probably complain about it every now and then lol but what Black Panther did on a cultural level outstrips the characters themselves if you get what I'm saying. While Marvel decides to bury T'Challa, Disney is opening up a whole new world of African greatness that may even one day surpass Wakanda and whoever the new BP is.

Like I said, Tau from Rage of Dragons will be bigger than Killmonger when he gets his own film. If Shuri BP doesn't work out we got Zelie from Children of Blood and Bones. I'll never agree with this passing of the mantle but I'm more hopeful than ever that I won't have to put all my eggs in one basket to see black greatness in sci-fi and fantasy. But I admit the sidelining of T'Challa is a travesty and it'll be hard to accept.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Good for you guy.
    I know 🥰...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea it sucks and I'll probably complain about it every now and then lol but what Black Panther did on a cultural level outstrips the characters themselves if you get what I'm saying. While Marvel decides to bury T'Challa, Disney is opening up a whole new world of African greatness that may even one day surpass Wakanda and whoever the new BP is.

Like I said, Tau from Rage of Dragons will be bigger than Killmonger when he gets his own film. If Shuri BP doesn't work out we got Zelie from Children of Blood and Bones. I'll never agree with this passing of the mantle but I'm more hopeful than ever that I won't have to put all my eggs in one basket to see black greatness in sci-fi and fantasy. But I admit the sidelining of T'Challa is a travesty and it'll be hard to accept.
    Blood and Bones has me pumped ..BP really did inspire companies to invest in Afrofuturism

All that remains to be known is if they are going to kill him or let him be an unseen character.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    All that remains to be known is if they are going to kill him or let him be an unseen character.
    Considering he's died twice already I'd hope they'd be smart enough to not kill him off again which is why I was hoping for a recast.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    It would be silly to do the former. If the announcement was Feige believing he was too iconic to be recast, killing the character Boseman made iconic wouldn't make any sense.

I feel they'll talk around him and simply shift focus to other characters, maybe even introduce his nephew.

People are talking about his impact on the MCU. Saying he had none. I vehemently disagree.

Chad took the character many of us have loved for years and brought that to millions. People all over the world. Children. They all know TChalla and they know Black Panther nd they know Wakanda because of him. Would I have loved to see him face off against Namor, meet Reed, interact with Iron Man, yes. But fate had other plans.

The decision to recast is gonna puzzle me for a while. Well always be theorizing on how they got to this point. Maybe no other actor felt right. Maybe it was a contract thing. Maybe it was just purely out of sentiment. All I know is the world of Wakanda should live on. Its just as much a chatacter as TChalla is. Like Gotham is to Batman, the two are one and influence each other and have for years. Wakanda without TChalla can still be interesting in my eyes. It wont be easy but it can be done. Itd in the nature of the mantle to be passed on, we just didn't want it so soon.

No T'challa...

Get Hectic!

Incredible Member

What a damn joke.

Just seen the plethora of Marvel/Disney news. It's almost funny how messed up it is to be a Black Panther (T'Challa) fan.

All this new stuff from the MCU and T'Challa no longer exists before he could really get started. Boseman was arguably the best actor the MCU had and unfortunately he died. Management decides to kill off T'Challa and with that, my investment in their sequel and many if not all the rest of their projects. This takes taking the piss to a whole new level.

We currently have 2 Batman in the DCEU, this spider-man 3, which will be the 2nd sequel released within the gap between Black Panther 1 and 2 will have 3 spider-men in it and T'Challa, a character who supposedly didn't impress many people is now irreplaceable because the actor died and many people who didn't love the first BP movie have campaigned hard to "honor Chadwick's memory".....Hahahaha, oh to be Black and have your hopes sent very quickly to the gibbets and crows.
    Last edited by Chesterfield; 12-10-2020 at 09:15 PM.