Page 261 of 750 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 11243
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    See this goes back to scaling the threat up, rather then
    depowering T'Challa to create faux risk. This is exactly what we went through with Coates and it doesn't work. And scaling back the habit in the sequel will simply out a stain on vibranium tech, especially since IM suits are bullet proof and it's no big deal. So bring up the threat to showcase not only why T'Challa is great, but wakandan tech as well
    So we disagree. A shocking improbability on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    So we disagree. A shocking improbability on the internet
    I don't see why T'Challa needs to be vulnerable to bullets to somehow showcase his agility. I mean all though out the BP solo he showed how agile he was (the trafficker scene, the car chase scene, him vs border tribe) all of those showcased how agile he is while also showing that he isn't going to be taken down by a random stray bullet.

So if people are rocking tech makes him need to dodge more in fear of taking serious damage then that's what will happen. But simply making the habit less bullet proof makes it inferior to stark tech.. I'm sure no one gave two fraks when Tony tanked a giant as piece of moon to the face without a scratch, But T'Challa not blinking about bullets is too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    ??? Calling Storm? That's not a thing he does
    It is in the Coatesverse

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    It is in the Coatesverse
    Yea that was the joke, Ezyo. Probably should’ve made that more clear lol.

Wow, deja vu:

The use of technology in this version of PANTHER has caused perhaps the greatest controversy among fans and even some pros, who so disagree with my approach to Panther that some may be reluctant to use him in other comics. I've been accused of making Panther too mean and too techie and flashy; like he's supposed to be Tarzan or something. Like he's supposed to eschew technology and insist on riding bareback and going mano-a-mano in order to prove something.

Or, maybe it's some bizarre capitulation to "the way it's always been done;" Panther has never had any tech weapons, and his costume has never been bullet proof. Why start now?

Black Panther has nothing to prove to anybody. He's a king and an inventor and a scientist. A scholar, a brilliant detective

The guy who showed up in FANTASTIC FOUR #52 was definitely _not_ Tarzan. He wasn't clueless or uneducated. He used a _lot_ more gadgets than I do in the current series. He was duplicitous, mysterious, dangerous, ruthless, humorous, and violent. I'm not sure which guy my critics are talking about, but I tend to think the Panther I'm writing is more in line with Stan and Jack's vision that Doormat Man (TM) who has traditionally been the colorless, humorless, often clueless guy standing in the back row of the Avengers class picture, or showing up for the odd guest-shot to fight *yawn* Klaw again, the guy who got beat up and dragged more often than I can mention. If THAT is the guy my critics are longing for, I have to wonder why.
    From Priest's FAQ, twenty years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Wow, deja vu:

From Priest's FAQ, twenty years ago.
    I miss that Panther so much.

Watered-down Panther(Coates) is just so horrible and depressing.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I miss that Panther so much.

Watered-down Panther(Coates) is just so horrible and depressing.
    I had always wondered why the BP I had known for decades was so different from the one I'd found in a back issue of his first FF appearance. When I bought the collected edition of "Enemy of the State," I thought, Ah Ha!...Why haven't we been seeing this guy all along?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    Where's this from and who's the other guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Moses Magnum! The dude has the bones of a potentially deadly and formidable enemy. Familiar with African politics, arms dealer with a power that could present challenges to BP. Not sure if it still canon, but Apocalypse made it so that if he touched the ground there would be uncontrollable tremors. Hence the floating platform.
    Last edited by dkrook; 06-17-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Moses Magnum! The dude has the bones of a potentially deadly and formidable enemy. Familiar with African politics, arms dealer with a power that could present challenges to BP. Not sure if it still canon, but Apocalypse made it so that if he touched the ground there would be uncontrollable tremors. Hence the floating platform.
    I know who Moses Magnum is but that looks like a different interpretation of him, no?

Boisterously Confused

I know who Moses Magnum is but that looks like a different interpretation of him, no?
    I recognized him at a glance.

It's part if a fan fiction story.

My apologies for the slow reply. It’s part of my fanart series over on the Hudlin board, and it is my take on Moses Magnum, and T’Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea that was the joke, Ezyo. Probably should’ve made that more clear lol.
    Ah I see lol I was like "wait hold on up, is this a thing people are claiming now??"