Page 291 of 750 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You don't Think a powerful shocked directly to the bran or heart will put him down? That and ya know, anti metal claws? Daggers even if you wanted to use the argument they couldn't decapitate Logan it would still be more than enough to out him down for T'Challa to then use his claws to finish it
    Lol, yeah! All of that. This is definitely the most likely scenario, and this would be for a majority of the fight outcomes. Most should end with T'challa jamming that energy blade "Maximus-style" in Wolverine's head, and before he can even start to process and possibly heal, our is putting that work in with those anti-metal claws. I don't see how everyone even gives Logan an even split.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, yeah! All of that. This is definitely the most likely scenario, and this would be for a majority of the fight outcomes. Most should end with T'challa jamming that energy blade "Maximus-style" in Wolverine's head, and before he can even start to process and possibly heal, our is putting that work in with those anti-metal claws. I don't see how everyone even gives Logan an even split.
    It's a split because its potentially easier for Logan to take out Tchalla than vice versa. Logan just needs one clean hit. It's not necessarily easy but it's simple. Tchalla has to first get a good shot at Logan, then he has to hope it effects him enough for him to decapitate him with his claws. It's possible... but much harder than Logan simply taking a swing.

I should probably stop though. ... Im turning this into a Rumbles board. My bad.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-01-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Incredible Member

Any preview pages from the final issues?

T'challa's anti-metal claws have no feats of actually doing anything to adamantium.

They are really anti metal in name only. They haven't done anything crazy on the metal cutting front. Best feat is probably cutting iron man's suit after the force field was down or something.

This is the problem with rumbles outside of specific places... gotta have rules in place. What is a "win?" What is it based on (theory? top end feats? consistent feats?).

In theory, to the death, T'challa anti-metal claws make short work of Logan (although logan has some nutso speed feats but idk how consistent they are). Per feats though, those claws ain't doing **** but turning Logan bezerk nad pissing him off lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Any preview pages from the final issues?
    Not yet. Issue #23 still hasn't come out yet.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa's anti-metal claws have no feats of actually doing anything to adamantium.

They are really anti metal in name only. They haven't done anything crazy on the metal cutting front. Best feat is probably cutting iron man's suit after the force field was down or something.

This is the problem with rumbles outside of specific places... gotta have rules in place. What is a "win?" What is it based on (theory? top end feats? consistent feats?).

In theory, to the death, T'challa anti-metal claws make short work of Logan (although logan has some nutso speed feats but idk how consistent they are). Per feats though, those claws ain't doing **** but turning Logan bezerk nad pissing him off lol
    Agreed. It's why them just being Vibranium claws in the MCU works enough because they function the exact same way as they do in the comics being Really Sharp Claws™. It would be cool to see them function the way Anti-Metal should, but a part of me thinks it should be a prep thing or an optional claw set. I mean, shouldn't Anti-Metal melt Vibranium too, or is it immune to that effect?

I think a (minor?) problem T'Challa has is how effective he is in theory but man has it been a long time since he's been written like that in real terms. The character is in desperate need of a Warren Ellis-style, 6-issue, mini-series refresh and reinvention that shows you just how badass is he is. I had read his work on Moon Knight and Karnak before but I just read Extremis which was all kinds of badass isht but I guess Ellis is cancelled now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Agreed. It's why them just being Vibranium claws in the MCU works enough because they function the exact same way as they do in the comics being Really Sharp Claws™. It would be cool to see them function the way Anti-Metal should, but a part of me thinks it should be a prep thing or an optional claw set. I mean, shouldn't Anti-Metal melt Vibranium too, or is it immune to that effect?

I think a (minor?) problem T'Challa has is how effective he is in theory but man has it been a long time since he's been written like that in real terms. The character is in desperate need of a Warren Ellis-style, 6-issue, mini-series refresh and reinvention that shows you just how badass is he is. I had read his work on Moon Knight and Karnak before but I just read Extremis which was all kinds of badass isht but I guess Ellis is cancelled now.
    I think anti-metal can show up in the mcu a few years after they debut adamantium. First have this indestructible metal, hype it up, then have something that can cut it.

Boisterously Confused

T'challa's anti-metal claws have no feats of actually doing anything to adamantium...
    Didn't Hank Pym use vibranium cestus to bash Ultron's adamantium shell into bits back in Busiek's Avengers run?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Didn't Hank Pym use vibranium cestus to bash Ultron's adamantium shell into bits back in Busiek's Avengers run?
    Yeah, that was a fun moment.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I mean even if you take the claws out of the equation, the taggers completely bypass Logan's defense. You cant block daggers thst phase through your super strong metal structure. Abd given his fighting style is based on tanking damage vs a style based on speed and dodge attacks and striking weak points. They both have the means to take each other out, but everything factored in, T'Challa will take the majority

Got em...

https://www.boxlunch.com/product/fun.../11612326.html

And they were on sale too...

Never grow up... Never surrender!

Carry on...
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Feats wise, that doesn't count because t'challa's particular claws never did it.

rules on rules lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

yeah, I have said thsi before.

Just needs 6 issues as a reminder that he is the Most Dangerous Man Alive. That is all it would take.

Ellis MK gets brought up constantly as an all time great run and it is simply MK going around being a bad ass with great art and barely any words lol

Hell, Who is the Black Panther? is basically 6 issues of Wakanda and T'challa being a bad ass. Look how well that was recieved.

90% of the time you need a great story. 10% of the time you just need a reminder on how bad ass certain characters are.

T'challa hasn't been bad ass on a big stage since SWaD. Liss run, especially kingpin of Wakanda was great IMO but no one read it and it is street level and no one cared lol

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

yeah, I have said thsi before.

Just needs 6 issues as a reminder that he is the Most Dangerous Man Alive. That is all it would take.

Ellis MK gets brought up constantly as an all time great run and it is simply MK going around being a bad ass with great art and barely any words lol

Hell, Who is the Black Panther? is basically 6 issues of Wakanda and T'challa being a bad ass. Look how well that was recieved.

90% of the time you need a great story. 10% of the time you just need a reminder on how bad ass certain characters are.

T'challa hasn't been bad ass on a big stage since SWaD. Liss run, especially kingpin of Wakanda was great IMO but no one read it and it is street level and no one cared lol
    Didn't Rise of the Black Panther show people how effective he is? I mean he held Namor at bay with just his standard gear, he beat up the Winter Solider, defeated Jakaar, infiltrated Latvaria w/ Shuri, stopped Killmonger from destroying SHIELD and kept Wakanda safe.

I felt he had a good showing in Rise.

But......yes T'Challa DEFINITELY NEEEEEEDSSS a VERY GOOD SHOWING in his next run. Black Panther fans need to have their faith rewarded!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Didn't Rise of the Black Panther show people how effective he is? I mean he held Namor at bay with just his standard gear, he beat up the Winter Solider, defeated Jakaar, infiltrated Latvaria w/ Shuri, stopped Killmonger from destroying SHIELD and kept Wakanda safe.

I felt he had a good showing in Rise.

But......yes T'Challa DEFINITELY NEEEEEEDSSS a VERY GOOD SHOWING in his next run. Black Panther fans need to have their faith rewarded!
    I though he looked pretty good in Marvel knights.