Page 337 of 750 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I was never able to find the comic source for that.

Old comics mentioned a "great plateau" but never said anyting about the great mound or the HSH soaking that up.

It is intuitive and makes sense, but never been outright stated anywhere as far as I could find .
    I'm wondering, if previous Panthers ingested the herb, you'd think that whatever they gained would pass on genetically to their offspring. So by the time T'Challa was born, would he even need to ingest the herb?

It would just be ritual at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    See, now this the isht I'm talking about. We have all these side minis that feature the pet characters and they keep them. Going into Wakanda seems to be a MAJOR plot point and the crux of the Coati's mission. How the hell does Marvel make the decision to kill the book that by common sense would tie into this battle in Wakanda and Black Panther....????? This move was either mildly racist, or laughably dumb!
    More than likely it was a financial decision. The books doing under 20,000 have either been delayed digital or canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So... Is it not cancelled then?
    Its canceled, they put these pages in today's main issue. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    See, now this the isht I'm talking about. We have all these side minis that feature the pet characters and they keep them. Going into Wakanda seems to be a MAJOR plot point and the crux of the Coati's mission. How the hell does Marvel make the decision to kill the book that by common sense would tie into this battle in Wakanda and Black Panther....????? This move was either mildly racist, or laughably dumb!

Yeah, that doesn't make sense at all. Wakanda is vital to the story so they should have still done the mini.

They'll probably add that stuff in when they release the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Its canceled, they put these pages in today's main issue. Lol.
    Ah okay. Maybe they are going to add some of that stuff in, that would be nice. I wanted to see Panther Gundam
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 07-29-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm wondering, if previous Panthers ingested the herb, you'd think that whatever they gained would pass on genetically to their offspring. So by the time T'Challa was born, would he even need to ingest the herb?

Possibly. Personally I've always liked the idea that the HSH's power wasn't passed down genetically or only limited to Bashenga's bloodline. You go through the trials, get the herb, and get approved by Bast, giving you powers. The kids are born like any other human and have to prove themselves like a regular Wakandan would.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Possibly. Personally I've always liked the idea that the HSH's power wasn't passed down genetically or only limited to Bashenga's bloodline. You go through the trials, get the herb, and get approved by Bast, giving you powers. The kids are born like any other human and have to prove themselves like a regular Wakandan would.
    I still think you'd have to go through the trials and everything. But with that much of the herb built up over generation after generation, it's pretty much in your DNA.

The herb isn't the thing that can make you kick ass or make you a great ruler though. It can enhance you but you still have to train and prove you are worthy of being king.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'm confused, I thought that was the mini
    They were going to do a separate mini pre-covid. I guess they decided it wasn't worth it to do.

From Priests run, we're told you're flat out poisoned if you're not a part of the bloodline. So gaining powers from the herb is probably the least of your worries if you're anyone else.

Tchalla got depowered when he lost the throne, so it's not just genetics or even injesting the herb. There's another aspect to it specifically linked to being the present ruling Black Panther. I would presume its Bast related.

Astonishing Member

I still think you'd have to go through the trials and everything. But with that much of the herb built up over generation after generation, it's pretty much in your DNA.

The herb isn't the thing that can make you kick ass or make you a great ruler though. It can enhance you but you still have to train and prove you are worthy of being king.
    Yea I could get behind that if a writer formally introduced it. There's more than enough there to justify it, I just really like the egalitarian aspect of being Bast's champion. You know, among all the people, only one can be elevated and given the power of their gods. Having innate physical superiority kind of detracts from that for me even if there is training and rituals involved but it could be really cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    From Priests run, we're told you're flat out poisoned if you're not a part of the bloodline. So gaining powers from the herb is probably the least of your worries if you're anyone else.
    Priest's run was weird because if only members of Bashenga's bloodline could be BP then the idea of the trials loses a lot of legitimacy. Why have it open to regular folk if they'll just die after winning? It never made sense and seems to have been ignored since then because when T'Challa was no longer BP there was a panel where S'Yan expected Storm to replace him. I think that was isolated incident that can be explained away as either Killmonger lying to give Kaspar his synthetic version or Bast herself explaining how the herb works.

Priest's run was weird because if only members of Bashenga's bloodline could be BP then the idea of the trials loses a lot of legitimacy. Why have it open to regular folk if they'll just die after winning? It never made sense and seems to have been ignored since then because when T'Challa was no longer BP there was a panel where S'Yan expected Storm to replace him. I think that was isolated incident that can be explained away as either Killmonger lying to give Kaspar his synthetic version or Bast herself explaining how the herb works.
    I figured Killmonger was lying because why would Tchalla save him if he knows Killmonger would die.

Spiderman are the herb, nothing happened. Killmonger just wanted to justify Bast telling him he wasn't worthy. Lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I figured Killmonger was lying because why would Tchalla save him if he knows Killmonger would die.

Spiderman are the herb, nothing happened. Killmonger just wanted to justify Bast telling him he wasn't worthy. Lol.
    I remember that from one of the earlier parts of The Other: Evolve or Die. It was supposed to help with the mysterious illness --- actually his "spider side" getting ready to evolve further --- he was dying from.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Tchalla got depowered when he lost the throne, so it's not just genetics or even injesting the herb. There's another aspect to it specifically linked to being the present ruling Black Panther. I would presume its Bast related.
    It's got to be more than Bast. If it were just her, they wouldn't need the herb. T'Challa held up very well against 3 enhanced people and a pretty much superhuman KP in David Liss' run and he took at direct hit from Phoenix-Namor in AvX. He wasn't ruler at either time.

Bast can give you a power-boost certainly but with centuries if ingesting an irradiated plant, that has to alter your DNA and make you enhanced.