Page 702 of 750 FirstFirst ... 202602652692698699700701702703704705706712 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 11243
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    He already said what he thinks about this situation.

Ain't nothing gonna happen to Redjack. He's allowed to speak his mind after what he has contributed to the BP brand same way Priest talked about his feelings towards how T'Challa was portrayed in his solo movie.
    Priest spoke his thoughts loooooong after he had finished writing his BP run and AFTER the movie was released.

RJ still has not gotten the green light for a BP solo AND the movie is not yet out.

I can't and won't speak for him..... He is entitled to his opinion but what if his comments do not really align with the perspective of his bosses?

In this day and age, a 'misaligned' opinion could cost u a job. It would be better to comment after tensions have calmed when the issue is no longer prime sensitive.

Just my opinion and I could be very wrong whereby RJ can still declare his opinion and nothing might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    You didn't know him personally, you don't know what he would have wanted. None of us here knows.
    It doesn't matter what he would have wanted. He didn't own the character. But I'm sure he knew he was just the first in a long line of actors that would portray T'Challa on the big screen. He was the Keaton of the Black Panther franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Priest spoke his thoughts loooooong after he had finished writing his BP run and AFTER the movie was released.

RJ still has not gotten the green light for a BP solo AND the movie is not yet out.

I can't and won't speak for him..... He is entitled to his opinion but what if his comments do not really align with the perspective of his bosses?

In this day and age, a 'misaligned' opinion could cost u a job. It would be better to comment after tensions have calmed when the issue is no longer prime sensitive.

Just my opinion and I could be very wrong whereby RJ can still declare his opinion and nothing might happen.
    Employees have disagreements with their bosses on several occasions and nothing happened except to agree to disagree and carry on (Speaking from experience here)

As long as there is no form hostility between both parties then all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The title is Black Panther, not T'Challa. It's true that BP has mainly been T'Challa, but it's a mantle which has been based to characters before, like Shuri and Kasper and many others in the past.
    This is so disingenuous argument. "Mainly" is underselling it big time.

- You have one story with Chonda.
    - You have Flags of our Fathers with Azzuri (4 issues I think?)
    - You have like one issue of Rise with T'chaka.
    - A few issues of Killmonger panther
    - You have Deadliest of the Species, Power, Doom War, and Klaws for Shuri. Those are the only 4 arcs where Shuri was in the habit and T'challa wasn't. Every other Shuri as panther story... T'challa was in panther habit as well because shuri panther didn't work

SINCE THE 60's!

People expand how much "other" panther stuff there is for no real reason. There are probably more issues of non-thor Thor stories than Panther at this point. Hell, Jane Foster alone has more issues than every other panther combined and no one is out there going, "you know what, the title of thor is just a mantle which has been based on characters before."

Shuri's "reign" in real life time seems really long because there was a big ass gap where Black Panther didn't have any books. in actual comic time, it was short as hell. I think the distance between Deadliest of the Species to Klaws in less than two years.

This is just another example of people being "wakanda" fans which is what lead to Disney's decision. They think there are enough of you to deal with not having T'challa. We will see.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

The title is Black Panther, not T'Challa. It's true that BP has mainly been T'Challa, but it's a mantle which has been based to characters before, like Shuri and Kasper and many others in the past. All they need to do is pass the mantle in the MCU to another character, even in the MCU it's never been a sole title of T'Challa we've had T'Chaka on screen in that capacity. They have suitable replacements lined up, or they can make one. It's sad that Boseman's death has sidelined T'Challa and we don't know how they're going to play it until the sequel comes out. They could do anything, from body doubles and having T'Challa stay on the sidelines, like letting him decide someone else should take his duties as the Panther while he is king - which might buy time to eventually let the public get over the loss to let someone else be recast as T'Challa. But this is far from the end of Black Panther in the MCU.
    Fellow Wakandan. It's waaaaay too early to be sidelining Tchalla away from being BP when he has VERY RECENTLY just acquired some prominence unlike other leading heroes who have had widespread international multi-media prominence and shine for multiple decades.

And yet, ...regarding those leading heroes like Superman, Spiderman and Batman....even when a different character takes the mantle, the company GUARANTEES AND MAINTAINS a separate ongoing for the prime original character.

There will always be a Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker and Kal-El ongoing comic no matter who has taken the primary mantle maintaining the lead status of the original character without making him/her a sidekick to the new mantle holder....what are odds of this happening to Tchalla? Seems very slime to none which is why many are vehemently defending for Tchalla to remain BP.

It reminds me of Spawn when Al Simmons was replaced with Jim Downing....Simmons completely vanished....fans were not having it, they refused ....McFarlane finally had to bring Simmons back. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    And yet, ...regarding those leading heroes like Superman, Spiderman and Batman....even when a different character takes the mantle, the company GUARANTEES AND MAINTAINS a separate ongoing for the prime original character.

There will always be a Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker and Kal-El ongoing comic no matter who has taken the primary mantle maintaining the lead status of the original character without making him/her a sidekick to the new mantle holder....
    Exactly. I remember the barrage of posts on this very website from Batman & Spider-man fans saying it's the man behind the mask who fans love, not the suit.

Black Panther/T'Challa fans should get the same pass.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Employees have disagreements with their bosses on several occasions and nothing happened except to agree to disagree and carry on (Speaking from experience here)

As long as there is no form hostility between both parties then all is well.
    "In this day and age" I said.... Today is not like the old past.

If the company u work for is receiving the brunt of heated vitriol from the public, as an employee.....u are entitled to your opinion for or against the company but if you make that opinion public which could fuel the public outrage against the hand that feeds you/your employers then don't blame your employers for responding negatively.

Note: Not all employers are like this. Many companies are open minded towards discussion and mutuality..... As well as many who are not.

If u ain't sure of your employers response, why take the risk during a very heated sensitive moment and in a time when you are pursuing a particular project from your employer?

A safer bet is to make a public opinion on the issue when the issue is no longer hyper sensitive, tensions have boiled over and there are calmer heads?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Again the only hope now that T'Challa is mentioned as being "Away" for the movie with the intention of his return come the 3rd movie. That's the only way I could even begin to care. If there is any mention that T'Challa is dead.. sorry but frak it. Don't call it Black Panther II and not have the real Black Panther in it
    At least keep the option open if they change their mind in the future. I think there's more stories to tell for T'Challa, so the lack of a recast is disappointing. I think killing off the character goes from a disappointing decision to a stupid one, though. It changes the narrative too much. Wakanda will have lost two Kings in a short period of time after getting T'Challa back briefly after a five-year gap. There's too much complexity that's just distracting from a story due to real world concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Only way I don't hate Black Panther II .....

is if it is set in the 5 year gap where T'challa was snapped.

Hell, screw Letitia too, won't need her and don't have to worry about her twitter stuff. BC she is snapped to.

Widow opened the door for prequels, make World of Wakanda a prequel.
    It's precisely because Shuri was snapped to that I don't think this will happen. If they hadn't done that (at least kept it ambiguous), that might have made for an interesting movie. But they're not going to get rid of Shuri because people liked Letitia Wright's performance (that being said, the best part of her performance was her chemistry with Chadwick Boseman).

Anyway, I trust Coogler as a director. The first Black Panther film was near perfection. I think Chadwick Boseman had a lot to do with that. I also think my fandom for the character had a lot to do with it. But I think Coogler played an important role as well.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Coogler did such a poor job presenting T'challa or even telling his origin story that we got a better origin story from his villain killmonger who now has a following equal or greater to Tchalla's.
    Putting aside how well crafted the movie was from a societal standpoint, he failed the lead character. I dont care if he planned on making it up to him in later movies (which i doubt) all that matters is the end result which is where we are now. No lead character because ppl deem him unnecessary to his own franchise, ppl calling for trashy fanfic idras like Mbaku taking the lead, or Nakia, or a reformed Killmoger (which he will likely do to shoehorn his bbff into the lead role that he already quasi had in Black Panther 1).

I wish Fuqua was given the job from the beginning.
    Im not interested in spending a single dime on anything Marvel related anymore. What kind of company kills off the first black superhero so unceremoniously. Its sad that anyone will support this move.
    If they really thought killing the character was tribute then why continue his franchise at all. Why not end it in tribute?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yes Coogler admitted he had issues liking T'Challa at first because he seemed too perfect. Cant remember or find the video, but I know he admitted to learning to love him.

That sent me down the rabbit hole to find this video. Seen it before, but it illustrates here WHY Coogler did what he did with T'Challa. Because the Russos decided to make Civil War be the film his father dies and not something that happened already.
    My question is why does Marvel keep letting people that don't like the character write stories for the character. They clearly don't have an understanding of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm not gonna start victimising in myself and act like everyone out there is out to get us and take away our fun as BP fans. Now you guys want to twist someone's words and push a narrative that Coogler does not like T'Challa because he probably had to (or is being forced) to make a very difficult decision based on the very real death of someone he knew? I'm as upset as you guys but come on.

I've warned about this behaviour again and again and some of you just keep pushing it further. Not everyone is an enemy. Thinking honestly I might just leave here because some of this stuff is painful to read.
    I mean I don't get it either. I don't think Coogler hated T'Challa I don't know where that came from at all. I will defend the movie and I don't see his CW portrayal as better than his movie. Again my actual one complaint was that we didn't see his super genius and it was as apparent that he was a super genius in the movie. That did bug me, as that has always been apparent since his creation when he systematically took down the FF. So you won't see me spouting any of that.

I do think this decision to move on and explore Wakanda is a rushed decision. All of his here weren't expecting anymore news about their direction atleast until next year so that the thing of Chad's passing had somewhat subsided and emotions weren't as raw. So I think it's a mistake to sideline T'Challa at this point the thing I am curious about is HOW they decide to address it.

If they are saying he is dead, then I won't be subscribing to that at all. To kill the man 3 times in the MCU since his debut is absolutely disrespectful and disgusting. But if they step around it with an intention to have him come back to finish his story that at the least I would contemplate sticking around.

I think us fans are really just taking the brunt of all ishtty things happening to the franchise. We really need some good news because we just can't seem to catch a break. But I agree that this finger pointing at Coogler is getting a bit odd and off

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's not about liking T'Challa, it's about being respectful to Chad. Anyway, Black Panther 2 is still happening. The symbol of BP isn't just larger than one actor, it's also larger than T'Challa. They're probably giving the mantle to Shuri, who has been Black Panther in the comics.
    No I don't agree with this. The symbol should be focused on T'Challa. It's his franchise, his world, that he was letting us, the audience in to see. We should be exploring it with him. Batman didn't get as big as he is being set aside and us watching Gotham unfold without him. Shuri likely isn't getting the mantle, not anytime soon especially after what Letitia said recently and that backlash. And she shouldn't get it right now anyways because T'Challas story isn't done.

It is to be expected at this point.

- Denial: we pretty much skipped this one, other than everyone being in shock and disbelief

- Anger: day 1 lol

- Bargaining: "maybe it is during 5 year gap!" "multiverse tchalla!" "maybe they will bring him back in BP3! they never said it si forever!!!!"

- Depression: we are here lol. "Chadwick sucked anyway! T'challa sucked! Coogler sucked! EVERYONE SUCKED!!!

Acceptance will came faster for some than others. I am already there, whatever. In the end, this is just entertainment and my money and if Coogler/Feige/Disney/Whoever doesn't think my favorite character is worth this, then whatever. What can I do? Nothing, absolutely nothing lol

I feel like this may be T'challa's swan song.

Yeah, I've never go the argument that he was overshadowed. MAYBE killmonger did just because villains can do that sometimes and Kilmonger was really fleshed out, but there is no way okoye, mbaku, shuri, nakia, ross, ect were more important or outshined T'challa lol. that is just silly.
    Yeah I hit acceptance yesterday. Like I'm still disappointed and I would like to think that marvel truly isn't daft enough to kill him a 3rd time on screen, but nothing is surprising now. I just hope that they don't drop him in the comics now after he got his half-assed push. I mean JAs comments about someone dying in the next arc has me a little shook now...

I hope Redjack isn't doing his swan song I NEED something, a hail mary that RJ is going to say after KiB drops "IS THIS YOUR KING!? IS THIS YOUR KING!? Good cause I'm going to be writing him for awhile"

I remember when people were hooked on Nakias words about Okoye being the greatest warrior in Wakanda abd people were claiming she was better than T'Challa. Like lol remember T'Challa was assumed dead at that point in the movie so she would of been the greatest by default. Yet people could not see that for some reason. People keep saying that T'Challa is replaceable whole ignoring that Shuri wasn't even considered, Nakia and Okoye knew they couldn't do it and Okoye was a choice in hopes they could get Erik out before he got established and M'Baku was a choice because he had an army, but all of them knew they needed T'Challa Because he was the only choice and that was clearly established throughout the movie

It is to be expected at this point.

- Denial: we pretty much skipped this one, other than everyone being in shock and disbelief

- Anger: day 1 lol

- Bargaining: "maybe it is during 5 year gap!" "multiverse tchalla!" "maybe they will bring him back in BP3! they never said it si forever!!!!"

- Depression: we are here lol. "Chadwick sucked anyway! T'challa sucked! Coogler sucked! EVERYONE SUCKED!!!

Acceptance will came faster for some than others. I am already there, whatever. In the end, this is just entertainment and my money and if Coogler/Feige/Disney/Whoever doesn't think my favorite character is worth this, then whatever. What can I do? Nothing, absolutely nothing lol

I feel like this may be T'challa's swan song.

Yeah, I've never go the argument that he was overshadowed. MAYBE killmonger did just because villains can do that sometimes and Kilmonger was really fleshed out, but there is no way okoye, mbaku, shuri, nakia, ross, ect were more important or outshined T'challa lol. that is just silly.
    You all didn't skip step one. It started the moment he died.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The title is Black Panther, not T'Challa. It's true that BP has mainly been T'Challa, but it's a mantle which has been based to characters before, like Shuri and Kasper and many others in the past. All they need to do is pass the mantle in the MCU to another character, even in the MCU it's never been a sole title of T'Challa we've had T'Chaka on screen in that capacity. They have suitable replacements lined up, or they can make one. It's sad that Boseman's death has sidelined T'Challa and we don't know how they're going to play it until the sequel comes out. They could do anything, from body doubles and having T'Challa stay on the sidelines, like letting him decide someone else should take his duties as the Panther while he is king - which might buy time to eventually let the public get over the loss to let someone else be recast as T'Challa. But this is far from the end of Black Panther in the MCU.
    I also disagree with this. Yes, in terms of the actual canon the Black Panther is an inherited mantle, but the identity of a superhero has always been used this way. It's not unique to the Black Panther at all. T'Challa isn't like the White Tigers or even the Ghost Riders, the Green Lanterns or like Nightwolf from Mortal Kombat. He isn't a faceless and nameless man. He's been his own unique character and has been commonly as the Black Panther, even when he wasn't king of Wakanda. Other characters have tried to be the Superman. Other characters have inherited the Batman mantle. Other characters have been Spider-Man. But the Superman will always be commonly known as Clark Kent/Kal-El, the Batman commonly known as Bruce Wayne, and Spider-Man as Peter Parker.

Have there been other Iron Fists? Yes. But everyone knows the Iron Fist is Danny Rand. It's the same here.