Page 682 of 750 FirstFirst ... 182582632672678679680681682683684685686692732 ... LastLast
Results 10,216 to 10,230 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Not to bad my version is worse for them lol, I don’t just don’t want those two to take a beating & exile all those other nameless / names I don’t remember In there Army gotten go aswell. In mind are both (M’Baku & QDJ ) empowered by Ghekre they run there there little army with easy.. QDJ finishes off the army & M’Baku them beats lead MA do death with one with his hands & other with the club..
    I could see done pretty intense blowback from that. Fro. People talking about transphobia, to sexism as well as a huge man beating on (in comparison) small two women. Best thing would be to just have them exiled for siding and aiding terrorists as well as killing their countrymen. They are spared from execution Because they saved rape victims.. but otherwise for those specific reasons, and no other agenda laced reason, are the exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I could see done pretty intense blowback from that. Fro. People talking about transphobia, to sexism as well as a huge man beating on (in comparison) small two women. Best thing would be to just have them exiled for siding and aiding terrorists as well as killing their countrymen. They are spared from execution Because they saved rape victims.. but otherwise for those specific reasons, and no other agenda laced reason, are the exiled

Tru tru, not the type of thing that stop if I was writing but if i did just wud say Ghekre is mind controlling them gave Namor a free past from everyone but us.. Or have have QDJ an even smaller woman then the turncoats beating/killing them.. BP, Shuri, Wakanda needs to stop shown to weak/forgiving hand out beating to any/all who are in need of such imo..

BANNED

Insult after insult. They are building a BP legacy off of the WWO ‘Play-Book’! FACT$.

I’m in the twilight zone. You can’t start a fire without a spark! WWO is that spark. I know it’s difficult for some to believe.

New BP writers are now able to freely use WWO concepts & have the nerve to pat them-selves on the back. Knee-grows please.

THE NEW ERA BP IS MINE. sorry not sorry.

Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 12-10-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Disney Animation and Pan-African entertainment company Kugali are creating a new science fiction series called Iwaju:

(The influence seems obvious, no?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The Cancer thing isn't dickish. It really isn't. Your explanation doesn't make sense. If a world leader NOW went to a different nation with their family and said leader and kne of their children were assassinated and the rest of the world turned a blind eye? There's no way in hell they will just "Oh well that happened, better security next time" and they couldn't blame the real people responsible as they were trying to do the responsible party and none of the nation's were cooperating or providing assistance. This is way after the fact when T'Challa is now an adult and Wakanda went back to being isolated. They just kept to themselves again, it's a nation who just tried to share it's resources with the world getting the middle finger Ontop of the death of their leader. When T'Challa took down enemies in Priest run, he mostly did it himself. Sure for mephisto he had a team of Wakandan scientists disrupting his power, but T'Challa himself did heavy lifting. For a good example in the current arc of Coates run, 20+ issues in. T'Challa and the main villain have not fought each other or even had any interaction and the villain has been "defeated" twice. Neither were by T'Challa, but side characters. That's the difference between Priest/Hudlin and Coates. And good for him he commented on priest briefly, still doesn't mean Isht when you read his other interviews and have read his BP run to see what he really thinks of T'Challa and his world.

Nope, actions for political leaders are to go to war with the government not hoard miracle cures for everyone. Except T'Chaka didn't just blame the real people responsible, he let millions die of cancer because a tiny group of government officials committed an assassination against him and his family. The rest of the world not taking action on his behalf is of course reprehensible but choosing to not share the cure for cancer to them is an over reaction, as well as the fact it would help Wakanda gain political allies with that discovery. Wakanda was an isolated country, countries won't act the same as if it were the United States. There is nothing to lose by sharing that cure, as well as being the first step in getting allies to help get revenge on the assassins years down the line when the alliances are solidified. What the wealthy nations are doing hoarding the covid cure is being dicks.

Ross being the main character was an issue many have with priests run. Sure at the start it made sense to use him as a way to establish how fantastical and awesome BP was, but as the run went on it started to become unnecessary. Kasper I'll give that to you he did take over but that was by editorial decision and he was actually the main character at that point in the series as it was basically a new series all together. QDJ and Nakia? They were never the main characters ever. Having development of the supporting cast is not the same as being the main character so no they weren't even close.
    Ross being the main character means T'Challa isn't - a complaint levied at Coates is exactly this. But they did have big storylines as protagonists in their own right, until T'Challa got involved later on.

Priest interviews? Yeah initially he didn't like T'Challa Because at the time Priest had done a lot of popular characters like Spiderman and such and BP was underdeveloped and unknown, he also stated that once he started researching the character he fell in love with his world and what he represented and it shows in his work. Can't say the same for Coates.

T'Challa having help is fine, supporting cast members need to be doing stuff too and T'Challa can't be everywhere at once. However the title of the book is Black Panther. Not Black Panther and friends. The title character does the heavily lifting and gets the lions share of feats. Coates is not doing that. He is sidelining T'Challa and having supporting characters (and out of franchise characters) doing the majority of the work and getting feats. Wheb you have the main villain of your story saying two x characters (Storm and manifold) are the biggest threats in a book titled Black Panther.. you got a franking problem
    T'Challa had plenty of allies he went to for help, he wasn't a one man operation. Okoye was with him a lot as back-up, he personally asked Monica and Ross to help him on various missions and his ace in the hole was a technology guy monitoring Wakanda in the background. Not really, sometimes people in the supporting cast have advantages over the hero and Storm would fit the bill. Omega class mutant weather manipulator. T'Challa is of course no man to be reckoned with but she's in his weight class in super powers.

BANNED

18 authors assemble to shed new light on Black Panther and his world. WTF

...the Black Panther inspired an entire audience who never before had seen themselves in a Super Hero universe, as well as heralding a new creative flame in comics, science fiction and literature,” said Holland in Titan's press release. “These authors involved in Black Panther: Tales of Wakanda took that flame and put their own unique cultural marks on the work. This book represents the pure creativity they brought to the worlds of Wakanda and the Black Panther and takes the reader on a tour of the past, present and future of one of comic’s most enduring and exciting characters.”

pick-pockets & vultures. You can't start a fire.... WWO

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

They're not recasting. Just announced.

Well seems like they won't be recasting the character after all.

This is what I look like right now

Last edited by Dboi654; 12-10-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Welp, T’Challa isn’t being recast.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

No Tchalla=No watch from me I'm sorry.

The sequel is going to explore the world of Wakanda so I wonder if they're getting around writing T'Challa by telling a story that doesn't necessarily need Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The sequel is going to explore the world of Wakanda so I wonder if they're getting around writing T'Challa by telling a story that doesn't necessarily need Black Panther.
    Feige himself saying they wouldn't be recasting out of respect for Boseman is way too definitive of a statement. I don't see them walking back on this unless the backlash is THAT strong.

My interest just dropped significantly.

Sorry if I sound selfish but at this point why bother.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Disney Animation and Pan-African entertainment company Kugali are creating a new science fiction series called Iwaju:

(The influence seems obvious, no?)
    Afropunk is a lot like Asian or European-inflected cyberpunk in that it looks really similar from franchise to franchise. Future Lagos probably won't look that different aesthetically from Wakanda's Golden City. That said, the Golden City is a near utopian urban space, with virtually no poverty or violence.

Iwaju's city is supposed to be used to explore issues of class iirc, so we'll probably see stuff there that you wouldn't see in Wakanda. If we can have a bunch of different cyberpunk anime and films I'd be fine with multiple afropunk franchises, as long as they're sufficiently distinguished from each other.

Sucks that they're not recasting T'Challa, we'll see how they proceed with the franchise in all mediums going forward. They may decide to use a T'Challa from the multiverse in a future installment but it's up in the air. Hoping they don't phase T'Challa out in favor of Shuri BP.

Right now I don't see them doing anything but phasing out Tchalla in the movies now after today.