Page 95 of 750 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195595 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    There's always the girl power agenda that says almost everything must emphasize females. Male are too flawed.
    Thing is it's okay to celebrate girl power, the problem here though, is that Black men are just as misrepresented as Black women, and its this idea that one must cannibalize the other to get the limelight rather then demand that they both get better treatment. And it's its not just the calls to replace T'Challa with Shuri. It's also the people calling to turn Nakia, who was shown being capable, powerful, wise and caring about her man, into malice, through use of Storm so that he could get together with her on the movies.. like some Terry Perry bullisht is what they wanted to happen.

Thisnis especially ironic because, before the movie or we had people going:

"Man I hope we get good showings of black men and women, im so tired of seeing dysfunction and strife. Can we get the same respect instead of the same stereotypes?"

After the movie drops:

"You know what would be cool? If Shuri and T'Challa were at odds and fought and Shuri beat T'Challa and became Black panther. Or if Storm came in (possibly a old flame from T'Challas past) and Nakia gets jealous and ends up becoming malice. Or if T'Challa gets at odds with Okoye and the Dora milaje and we get Coates a nation under our feet story (Which is ripe with dysfunction) that would be so cool."

Some people just wanna pretend to be woke when in actually they are supporting and calling for the very thing they say they hate seeing regarding Black folk's

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Umm have you never been on social media before? Everyone calls for ridiculous isht all the time. Nakias portrayal was rock solid, didn't stop people calling for her to turn into malice so Storm can come in. Cap Marvel had a petition from people calling for her to be replaced. It's the internet my friend. T'Challa was solid. Coogler did it right. You can't please everyone
    You mean there are calls for an Nakia to do what she did in the comics? Thats different than ppl calling for her to be completely removed from the movie.
    There arent alway calls (this loud) to replace truely quality portrayals. Zero for Cap after winter soldier movie. None for Iron man in his first movie. No one has said a word about replacing a Okoye with a different Dora.

TCHALLA deserves better and I hope Coogler steps it up in that specific reguard. Movies tend to dominate portrayals in other media.

There's always the girl power agenda that says almost everything must emphasize females. Male are too flawed.
    I don't think coogler had an agenda I just think he unnecessarily stripped away Tchallas true genius ( the only superpower of his that i truely care about) to prop up Shuri when Shuri was in no need of a crutch like that to be loved. Comics headstrong, deadly, crafty Shuri was good enough to work with.
    Now when ppl in other Marvel movies need scientific help they'll call....Shuri. When they need a Superb noble fighter they'll call.....Any number of heros.

I still have some hope that Tchalla in movie two will become what Cap was in his second movie and show out.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Tiger Shark...Always popping up lol
    This is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    You mean there are calls for an Nakia to do what she did in the comics? Thats different than ppl calling for her to be completely removed from the movie.
    There arent alway calls (this loud) to replace truely quality portrayals. Zero for Cap after winter soldier movie. None for Iron man in his first movie. No one has said a word about replacing a Okoye with a different Dora.

TCHALLA deserves better and I hope Coogler steps it up in that specific reguard. Movies tend to dominate portrayals in other media.
    Funny enough Lupita herself actually seemed to like the idea of her becoming Malice.

But as far as replacing Boseman... back in the day Den of Geeks said online that Boseman signed a 5 year movie deal. I'm 99.99% sure even if that were true (and it's an internet source so who knows if it is), it would be extended. But if there's even a grain of truth to it, people have to consider he's already been in 4 movies. So it's not entirely unfair for people to start thinking about life beyond Boseman.

I still say the best answer is that he'll get the spotlight as long as he's on board. If the guys willing to do 10 movies, he'll be in 10 movies and he'll be the star. A billion dollar movie gurantes that regardless of what people on twitter say. But If he's got one foot out the door, then by necessity they obviously need to consider Shuri taking the role.

That is really good art! I like it a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

You know that Nakia is only Nakia in name only from her comic counterpart? And yeah, they were calling her to be removed form the movie in favor of Storm. Where do you think the Shuri thing is coming from? The comics.

Another reason it's so loud? It's a Black superhero. Black Panther did so much right that literally EVERYONE wants to get on that gravy train, because it was a cultural movement that's why they are so loud. This noise is because T'Challa resonated so well and Black characters are held under more scrutiny and when something lands people try to cannibalize each other rather than demand the same treatment for all

My Crew

So I'm curious Redjack, what tablet or system do you use for your drawings? Im looking to really start focusing on drawing again, and pencil and paper, as well as coloring pens, starts getting expensive when constantly burning through them

So I'm curious Redjack, what tablet or system do you use for your drawings? Im looking to really start focusing on drawing again, and pencil and paper, as well as coloring pens, starts getting expensive when constantly burning through them
    Procreate. IpadPro (largest). Apple Pencil.

99% of what's on my deviant art page was done south these tools only. You'll see a wide variance of style and technique and I'm nowhere near higher than a B- skill-wise.

I was thinking the same thing EZ. I've done some drawings but not a lot and nothing with BP as of late.

My Crew

Mad skills sir! Are planning on releasing your own books, or series?

Ultimate Member

All his blather gives cover to his dude feminism that is given extreme latitude in BP book cause there's no skin losted if the character is trashed in the comics as we see that book continues to speed dive into oblivion as nobody cares.
    I was at a comic book show today

Got Killmonger's first appearance (signed by the writer too)

I never saw so many copies of Black Panther in bins (of a current run) like that before. If that is not a sign of folks being tired than I don't know what is. Miles & Luke-I saw variants and only ONE in Luke's case and the rare ones for Miles.

And folks loved my Killmonger shirt.

If his portrayal of Tchalla was as rock solid as some herr claim it to have been then there would be zero calls to replace him with his "smarter" sister.
    You would have saw those calls no matter what. Lead by folks who want to be pandered to.

We saw it with Creed & Stranger Things. With the way folks were going on about Lucas's sister, I thought she did something big in season 2. All she did in ALL her scenes was INSULT Lucas.

Especially males of color.

This noise is because T'Challa resonated so well and Black characters are held under more scrutiny and when something lands people try to cannibalize each other rather than demand the same treatment for all
    Because no one expects another to succeed. Never mind what Spawn, Static, Blade, Miles & Luke Cage have done. Or what Moon Girl will do.

Shuri does not need her brother's outfit. You can do a spinoff movie to showcase black girl power with Panther even showing up. If she is in charge of urban community development-that is a movie by itself.

Procreate. IpadPro (largest). Apple Pencil.

99% of what's on my deviant art page was done south these tools only. You'll see a wide variance of style and technique and I'm nowhere near higher than a B- skill-wise.
    ah Okay, it looks great I love the color of it. Can you scan drawings into the program and then color from there? I am not comfortable at all on a tablet and so I rely on my pencil skills, but if I can transfer then o would be okay with that too

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing EZ. I've done some drawings but not a lot and nothing with BP as of late.
    I have a BP drawing that I'm going to ink and color but I am lacking in the coloring pens (my wife and I drew a action/adventure story book featuring our kids favorite stuffed animals) and that stuff racks up in price. I'll upload what I have so far so people here can see