Page 167 of 750 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 11243

Yea, shoulda figured names like snowflake and safespace weren't going to go over well, no matter how "good intentioned" it was... Especially snowflake being non-binary, however you spin it it comes off as mockery
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 03-24-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Only problem I have with the characters based on early info is the way Safe Spaces' powers work. Seems too akin to the way they did Gentles attitude and powers.

Since we are all on lockdown might as well...

Burbank.

Ghost town central.

The normal hustle and bustle is quarantined due to a mysterious virus.

The offices of Mickey "Money" Mouse.

King T'challa was summoned for an emergency meeting as the secretary motions him to go in disgruntling all the other patrons waiting in a line around the block like a broken Disneyland ride.

King T'challa: "Mickey you wanted to see me."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Oh yeah hold on... Listen you two I need to handle a very important problem right now so I'll look heavily into the matter I promise."

The two intellectual properties seated across from Mickey's desk let out a collective sigh as they stood from their chairs to depart.

Safespace: "I'm just tired of all the hate."

Snowflake: "Yeah, I mean this guy right here gets all the love why can't we get the Black Panther treatment."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "King of Wakanda meet our two newest members of the New Warriors."

King T'challa: "Nice to meet you... Uhm Mickey maybe we should speed this up you have a long line of appointments needing your attention much more than me."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Actually that is partly why I wanted to speak to you have a seat please."

Mickey clears his throat...

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "AHEM... T'challa do you remember way back when... You know when Wakanda had the cure for cancer and did not share it with the rest of the world."

King T'challa: "I think I know where you are going with this."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Bare with me... I mean, not one case of the virus in Wakanda are you sure you are not holding something back from the rest of us."

King T'challa: "I told you before I don't write me I have to follow whatever the writer you hire to script me to do things... It's out of my hands."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Yes, but does that mean you already have a cure..."

King T'challa: "I can neither confirm nor deny that but hopefully by June something could be worked out."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Sooooooo... Should I be talking to Shuri?"

King T'challa: "Comic book Shuri or MCU Shuri?"

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "What's the difference?"

King T'challa: "You know the answer to that."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "If I got you a better writer..."

King T'challa: "You know the deal... Two steps ahead my enemies, three steps ahead of my friends, four steps ahead of this virus. As a bonus I can also alleviate that long line waiting to get paid by you."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Disney's resources are more than adequate to..."

King T'challa: "Not more than Wakanda's!"

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "WOW, your Pokerface is as legendary as I remembered... Alright I will get you a better creative team and you do whatever it is that you do to clear this international problem up."

King T'challa flickers one of us his Kimoyo beads to life as the digital display makes Stark's look like Radioshack tech.

King T'challa: "Shuri... Exercise protocol Operation Stimulus Relief."

Princess Shuri: "Already done brother."

King T'challa: "Mickey look out your window."

Mickey peers out his window as the former long line dissipates into the streets as smartphone users cheerfully accept their cash advancements that somehow mysteriously updated their bank statements.

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "And the cure..."

King T'challa: "V.A.C.C.I.N.E. - Vibranium Air Cloud Combustion Internal Neutralizing Enzyme."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "You lie... NO WAAAAAAY!"

King T'challa: "Something I cooked up during the Priest era just in case things went viral from some unknown biological attack so keep breathing deeply and all will be fine."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "BRUH... Wakanda Forever and a Day!"

Fellow Wakandans you be safe out there!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    We'll be lucky if there are books at all in the next few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I wouldn't bet on that. With Diamond shutting down, there's no path to get physical issues into readers' hands.

Welcome to The New Normal™
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Unless governments are willing to get temporary loan freezes for however long this last, I don't see most shops surviving a few weeks. Especially in states that are closing non-essential businesses. They might have been able to hold on a little while if they set up online shopping and delivery, but with no new inventory, its going to get rough.

Unless they invest heavily in manga and long time customers are willing to switch.
    I run a small business

There are loans and such. And a lot of banks are being lenient with mortgage freezes for commerical properties...

but

The issue isn't surviving the 1? 2? months of things being basically shut down. On top of various no interest/low interest loans, this stimulus package thing, and such... surviving that should be doable for a healthy business (or non airlines I guess lol). Especially with a comic shop that likely doesn't have many employees.

The issue is surviving the upcoming 6? 8? 10? 12? months where everyone is fucking broke and the economy is in the shitter because no one worked for 1-2 months. If you customers are broke and your business depends on disposable income... you are in some ****. How high of a priority are comics going to be for people? Their entertainment value to cost ratio isn't very good.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

To sum up the recent issue.

spoilers:
    *T'Challa's fight with his ancestors was basically them reminding him how much of a failure he is while beating him up.

*T'Challa declares himself king of Wakanda and the fight is over.

*The rebels and everyone from the empire gets their memories back and Killmonger's forces start rebelling.

* NuNakia is dead.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 03-25-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    To sum up the recent issue.

spoilers:
    *T'Challa's fight with his ancestors were basically them reminding him how much of a failure he is while beating him up.

*T'Challa declares himself king of Wakanda and the fight is over.

*The rebels and everyone from the empire gets their memories back and Killmonger's forces start rebelling.

* NuNakia is dead.
    end of spoilers
    What the bloody Foxtrot was THAT? I mean, seriously? THAT is Coates' grand battle for the Djalla?

:smh:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Kibblesmith and Co...just proved that "no bad characters..." saying dead wrong. (It was crap anyway).
    Well just remember who he worked for a certain late night talk show-Steve Colbert show. So something like this would have been up that show's alley.

Right now the usual set of trolls are throwing fits (while claiming SJW not this virus is closing comic book stores-SERIOUSLY, trying to youtube money and calling Coats all sorts of names over Cap America) over a book that is not out yet.

So if you see Coates being defended on Twitter-it's for the other book not this one.

Coulda had a cool fight between the various panthers

instead we got another T'challa therapy session. Wasn't even a therapy session that really pays off. It just kinda stops lol

Why is Acuna even on this book for Bast sake lol. What a waste.

Imagine building up NuNakia just to have her sacrifice herself in the most obvious way for literally no reason lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-25-2020 at 06:25 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah, that issue was worthless. The plot moved forward, but not entertaining.

Incredible Member

Very good issue...

They had a real chance to champion T'challa here. Show us why he is the best panther to date. The one that unisolated the country to help the rest of hte world, defended the world (and multiverse) on more than one occassion. The warrior with the gifted mind he sacrificed his own happiness to protect wakanda and the world.

Instead they brought up the same rehashed AvX/Incursion stuff... again.

At worst, it should have started as a therapy session and then turned into T'challa highlight reel to counter it and end the issue triumphantly.

Instead it just... stops bc movie synergy wakanda salute lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They had a real chance to champion T'challa here. Show us why he is the best panther to date. The one that unisolated the country to help the rest of hte world, defended the world (and multiverse) on more than one occassion. The warrior with the gifted mind he sacrificed his own happiness to protect wakanda and the world.

At worst, it should have started as a therapy session and then turned into T'challa highlight reel to counter it and end the issue triumphantly.

At least, T'Challa has some character development... he actually WANTS to be King!

He's never said that before... in the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    No, he's writing the newest New Warriors series, which spins out of Outlawed and has been generally pilloried on all sides. One side hates it because it invokes heinously, hideously out-of-touch, even mocking stereotypes of modern youth. The other side hates it because . . . well, they hate anything in comics that reminds them that other kinds of people besides them exist in the world and have thoughts, feelings, rights, and most importantly in a capitalist society and enterprise --- purchasing power.
    I'm sure some just hate it because it's not THE New Warriors people remember reading back in the day.

But yeah... either way you slice it, that books going to have to overcome a lot of negativity right out of the gate.

Ryan seemed to understand that. In the directors commentator he stated that T'Challa becomes the greatest Black Panther in history by the end of the film.

That's not allowed in this series and it would've been a great moment for T'Challa to remind them that he's THEIR king as KOTD after beating them properly.

In T'Challa's 50+ years, what moments should be in his highlight reel? He has a lot of great moments but which ones should have been used this issue?