Page 640 of 750 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650690740 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 11243

I still like my M'Baku idea.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Yea but I still don't get it. Shuri and T'Challa were both Black Panther for a time before she was 'killed' in the comics. One doesn't exclude the other. Or do these people not know this? I mean Shuri was only BP for 5 years in real world time and T'Challa has been it for more than 10 times that amount. Now she has her own identity.

Shuri can literally lead her own franchise without being a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Yea but I still don't get it. Shuri and T'Challa were both Black Panther for a time before she was 'killed' in the comics. One doesn't exclude the other. Or do these people not know this? I mean Shuri was only BP for 5 years in real world time and T'Challa has been it for more than 10 times that amount. Now she has her own identity.

Hence why my argument when people claim she should be BP because it's Canon in comics I then counter with "So she should be BP, do nothing of worth, her one and only 'notable' story being thst she had a blood lust and then after not doing anything or worth she commits suicide, and gives the mantle back to T'Challa and asks him to save them all?" Since we are going off comic Canon and all

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hence why my argument when people claim she should be BP because it's Canon in comics I then counter with "So she should be BP, do nothing of worth, her one and only 'notable' story being thst she had a blood lust and then after not doing anything or worth she commits suicide, and gives the mantle back to T'Challa and asks him to save them all?" Since we are going off comic Canon and all
    Let's not forget holding Matt Murdock's mom hostage in Wakanda.

Astonishing Member

1. People don't know how the actual Shuri BP story went down. They really think that T'Challa died and she took over, with many believing that she is still the Black Panther to this day.

2. They know the circumstances surrounding BP Shuri but they want to be selective about how to incorporate it into the MCU. So Shuri should take the crown because it happened in the comics, but T'Challa should stay dead and not have any mantle because the MCU isn't the comics. Basically we don't have to adapt everything.

3. People don't know about the other roles Shuri has played because up until recently she didn't have one. She was a solid tertiary character who did nothing of note before becoming BP. And since then the Griot stuff (which has potential) hasn't really caught on even among actual comic fans, let alone MCU fans.

It takes awhile for casual audiences to get hip to major status quo changes for a character unless it's thrown in their face or something that just really catches fire. And unlike Wonder Girl, who actually did capture people's attention, Shuri didn't have a catchy design to put her on. It'd take years before Griot becomes a part of how Shuri's perceived and that's not likely since the comics are basically abandoning it to follow the MCU take anyway. Shuri can absolutely lead her own sub-franchise, as either the adventuring tech princess or a young sorceress, but that's not enough for some people. And in any case Disney probably didn't see the potential for any Shuri spin-offs until 2018 and Boseman's death throws a wrench in any franchise expansion for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And if fake woke, feminists and usual suspects throw a fit that it's NOT Shuri (or Storm) let alone a black woman in that suit. Working to make that move bomb-only makes you look bad not everyone else-who understands how hard all this really was for the cast and crew.

Go ahead and make that movie bomb and yell "Marvel doesn't respect black women" narrative. Everyone is going to laugh at them. Marvel's resume says otherwise.

As for filming-nothing says they can't film everything except Panther out of costume. Since all movies and shows are not filmed in order anyway. Married with Children's pilot just refilmed Bud & Kelly's scenes after Ed O'Neil had the originals fired.
    Lol Why did Ed ONeil have them fired? I never heard this.

Well kinda but not really, it's not like you can just make another character the BP given what happened in the first movie there's alot of complications. Firstly challenge day, and the lack of the HSH. Secondly, remember how screwed everyone was when T'Challa was gone? As well as his vision for Wakanda? Those aren't thing's you can just pass onto another character and have it gel very well.

It's one of the few situation where because they developed supporting cast everyone falls into specific roles that can't just be copy pasted into another so easily.

This ain't an ensemble movie no matter how much people want to wish it just because he supporting cast actually mattered.
    Yes, and add to this that more than likely T'Challa was going to move toward the center as one of binding characters of Marvel. Just by recounting the shock Feige and the Avengers had by the overall response to T'Challa/BP. Based on the way they move, i feel they were going to be cooking up ways to include T'Challa. Where there are people that liked shuri. Folks went bat isht when Panther music was played. The bean counters were mindful of this for sure.

BANNED

No doubt, comrades. I have my own personal BEEF with Coates & Coogler. Blank-A-De-Blank both those Blank-A-De-Blanks.

Why be nice to vultures? They are hiding behind corporate bureaucracy. That means they can take an artist’s free expression & run to lawyers.

I do not want to pursue legal matters because a few individuals @ Marv want false credit. A legal win is not a victory. They will never admit to being pick-pockets.

That takes integrity. Why should I be quiet? Shouldn’t I speak-out & say something? The BP movie is a rip-off! It’s not a legitimate/original piece of art.

Why shouldn’t we use our voices to help create change?

I can respect their resumes outside of the BP media.

I never needed Marv. F@#$%^ their elitist employees. I was content to just put-out a BP parody comic. I was cool wit’ an indie-type of “Unauthorized” BP comic.

It was original. The Billion Dollar BP film is not their own originality. It’s mine. That’s the part that has to be addressed. They won’t address it. I will.

Here & possibly with legal counsel because I can knock the smirk off their corrupted faces.

If I wanted to go to court & handle things that way... I would’ve. IT”S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY! I'm not asking...

Handed or Heavy-handed

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    No doubt, comrades. I have my own personal BEEF with Coates & Coogler. Blank-A-De-Blank both those Blank-A-De-Blanks.

Why be nice to vultures? They are hiding behind corporate bureaucracy. That means they can take an artist’s free expression & run to lawyers.

I do not want to pursue legal matters because a few individuals @ Marv want false credit. A legal win is not a victory. They will never admit to being pick-pockets.

That takes integrity. Why should I be quiet? Shouldn’t I speak-out & say something? The BP movie is a rip-off! It’s not a legitimate/original piece of art.

Why shouldn’t we use our voices to help create change?

I can respect their resumes outside of the BP media.

I never needed Marv. F@#$%^ their elitist employees. I was content to just put-out a BP parody comic. I was cool wit’ an indie-type of “Unauthorized” BP comic.

It was original. The Billion Dollar BP film is not their own originality. It’s mine. That’s the part that has to be addressed. They won’t address it. I will.

Here & possibly with legal counsel because I can knock the smirk off their corrupted faces.

If I wanted to go to court & handle things that way... I would’ve. IT”S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY! I'm not asking...

Handed or Heavy-handed
    Considering the the talent and ambition you have I'm surprised you even need BP. Got anything of your own to share with us? I'm sincere. I worked with two illustrators who have forged their own way after puking out stuff for Disney and Warner Brothers for years. Both now illustrate childrens books with some of their own writing. They would have gotten nowhere raging against the machine of which they were cogs at the time. You definitely have a view of history and a strong illustrative narrative talent. What you got besides BP?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

BANNED

Dear Marvel,

To whom it may concern. Your employees took something that belongs to me. They won’t admit it even-though I have concrete evidence to support my claim.

Who created the new era BP? It was not your contracted employees. You can't start a fire without a spark!

Your HR department has my resume & cover letter. What purpose would your employees have to deny opportunities?

I never needed Marvel. F@#$%^ their elitist employees. I was content to just put-out a BP parody comic.(Dancing in the Dark)

I was cool wit’ an indie-type of “Unauthorized” BP comic. It was original.

I want to dedicate this song to any BP creator after 2013.

Bruce SpringsteenDancing In The Dark (1984)

You can't start a fire, you can't start a fire without a spark

This gun's for hire even if we're just dancing in the dark…”

even if we're just dancing in the dark…

Extraordinary Member

The MCU has reached people who have never read a comic and never will. So many of them DON'T know any of that.

That said, there's a real good chance Marvel Studios does exactly what you said if for no other reason than that gives them TWO leads to push and market going forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Considering the the talent and ambition you have I'm surprised you even need BP. Got anything of your own to share with us? I'm sincere. I worked with two illustrators who have forged their own way after puking out stuff for Disney and Warner Brothers for years. Both now illustrate childrens books with some of their own writing. They would have gotten nowhere raging against the machine of which they were cogs at the time. You definitely have a view of history and a strong illustrative narrative talent. What you got besides BP?
    i wanna post the new Reluctant Gods WWO fan-comic... but i just can't. i cant risk it. they are thieves. it answers all the questions about Shuri, A BP team, BP abilities, Where Does Vibranium Come From, xenophobia (doesn't exist) & the missing key elements. i'm venting because they are stifling artistic expression with corporate greed.

I do have "Paraphernalia" part #3 aka Beast-Mode Zombies coming in the next few months. gonna !@#$% everything.

thanks for the post. BTW I'M A FINE-ARTS GALLERY ARTIST. not a comicbook dude

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The MCU has reached people who have never read a comic and never will. So many of them DON'T know any of that.

That said, there's a real good chance Marvel Studios does exactly what you said if for no other reason than that gives them TWO leads to push and market going forward.
    The better thing to do would be to have Shuri carve her own path through Disney+ so that she isnt crowding the cinema side trying to fight for top billing thst isn't even hers to fight over. She can show up on the movies but have her be the lead in a show that way the development is there and she can go her own route. People get the Black female lead they are asking for, and we can get the stories and exploration of T'Challa and his rule throughout the greater MCU

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

And there's good reason to believe the comics will follow suit. They've already turned IPs like Spider-Man and Hawkeye into dual character mantles. Wolverine's in a similar place too. Sharing the BP mantle is probably the best the MCU could do to appease everyone at this point. By the end of BP2 Shuri can get her own suit and he can be training her in BP3 as a subplot. Win-win mostly.

T'Challa can continue being the face of the franchise, king of Wakanda, lead Avenger, and black male power fantasy. Shuri can be the quippy tech-guru, young princess, and black female empowerment brand who goes on her own adventures. In the MCU we can eventually expect T'Challa to get phased out but it sets an eternal status quo in the comics where you have two black characters, one male one female, with the insanely profitable title "Black Panther". With T'Challa as the lead OG.

Keep Shuri's MCU personality, give her an Iron Panther suit, and give her own supporting cast and "Black Panther: Shuri" could with enough effort be it's own title. A legit black female superhero who can support her own book and movie trilogy in due time. Much easier than trying to get "Princess Shuri and the PRIDE" or "Griot of Wakanda" off the ground, despite that potential. Sharing the mantle isn't the worst thing they could do in the movies or comics. Or in other multimedia adaptations either. They could make a habit of killing T'Challa off so Shuri can take the mantle.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-22-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

The better thing to do would be to have Shuri carve her own path through Disney+ so that she isnt crowding the cinema side trying to fight for top billing thst isn't even hers to fight over. She can show up on the movies but have her be the lead in a show that way the development is there and she can go her own route. People get the Black female lead they are asking for, and we can get the stories and exploration of T'Challa and his rule throughout the greater MCU
    Ideally this would happen, but you know that's not gonna satisfy people and not in line with what Disney's been doing anyway. I'd love for Shuri to be called her own mantle and carve out her own space in the mythos but I don't see why Disney would be willing to have legacies for Cap, Tony, and Thor but not T'Challa, who over his MCU lifetime will probably be more profitable.

Marvel would frankly be idiotic not to continue the brand and as long as T'Challa gets his story told and cemented as the real, OG Black Panther I don't care if someone else takes the mantle. They'll just be replacements until the MCU reboots. Just don't **** on T'Challa's legacy or disrespect his character after the fact and I'm good. Shuri should absolutely carve out her own space and supporting cast with a D+ show but at the end of the day, no matter how it gets delayed she'll eventually get the mantle.

I could definitely see Disney expediting the timeline for that to happen so they can appease the people who'll be pissed she didn't get to replace T'Challa on the throne. Everyone basically gets what they want (their preferred character in a BP suit), the only real downside for us is we'll probably be focusing a bit more on her in the BP sequels. But they can just shave off a supporting character's screentime to make it work. Which is a small price to pay for T'Challa to be alive and be a leading part of the massive crossovers that'll define the next phases of the MCU.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-22-2020 at 06:13 PM.