Page 39 of 750 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139539 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I swear to bast I remember hearing about Coates getting a Storm title somewhere, but then Hickman came back and made the X-men tolerable again, so now BP is a pseudo-Storm solo.
    He said he'd be interested and Marvel pretended to be interested too. Their line was he and Bartels' schedule was too full.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

im shocked, absolutely shocked

shits been transparent for awhile.

That is because even die hards, ride or die BP fans who will read anything are being absolutely bored to death and disrespeced and can't handle it anymore.

I have no desire to rush to read something I am going to hate.

and I didn't even know BP was showing up in Carol's book, but considering the last time I checked in on the book she was evil or something and murder/death/killed Thor, I am no desire to see what the obvious outccome is going to be
    MoS, I wasn't aware you were a fan of Thor. Yeah, at 1st I didn't buy CM beating Thor the way she did, but the second issue cleared things up for me.

Marvell2100:

I'm curious. You being an Iron Man fan how did you fell about The Captain Marvel vs Iron Man fight in this storyline?

After how things went down for T'Challa, I'm wait to see the fight between Steve & She-Hulk before I render my overall opinion.

Pretty average issue. Nothing to talk about.

Captain Marvel was good though. I think Kelly alluded that Tchalla would have won if he knew who he was fighting. But I might be overthinking that. Lol.

Let's talk about issue #20, shall we?

I'm not going to bother with spoiler tags, because this piece of Bast-droppings doesn't need them.

In brief:

1. The scenes of T'Challa in the preview pages? Those are the only ones he has in the issue.
    2. The armada spoken of in the preview is all maroon tech. Forget about Prowlers or N'yami-class ships... apparently Wakanda doesn't have ANYTHING to contribute.
    3. Other than talking about how awesome Storm is (because she's a "goddess" and the "key to the rebel resistance" and "fearsome in battle") pretty much NOTHING HAPPENS. Lots of talking and posturing, but no plot momentum at all.
    4. There's a last-page reveal that's supposed to be "shocking", but is more "meh".

Why do I even bother...

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

I'm not going to bother with spoiler tags, because this piece of Bast-droppings doesn't need them.

In brief:

1. The scenes of T'Challa in the preview pages? Those are the only ones he has in the issue.
    2. The armada spoken of in the preview is all maroon tech. Forget about Prowlers or N'yami-class ships... apparently Wakanda doesn't have ANYTHING to contribute.
    3. Other than talking about how awesome Storm is (because she's a "goddess" and the "key to the rebel resistance" and "fearsome in battle") pretty much NOTHING HAPPENS. Lots of talking and posturing, but no plot momentum at all.
    4. There's a last-page reveal that's supposed to be "shocking", but is more "meh".

Why do I even bother...
    The last page isn't shocking because he's nerfed the character so much when you see her you just roll your eyes. lol

In brief:

Why do I even bother...

So T'Challa can be taken out by electricity now? I'm pretty sure he tanked a lightning bolt and either in Ms Marvel or another comic vibranium was stated to be insulated.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    So T'Challa can be taken out by electricity now? I'm pretty sure he tanked a lightning bolt and either in Ms Marvel or another comic vibranium was stated to be insulated.
    Captain Marvel level photon burst that he charged with the two earlier shots.

I think I've figured Coates out... in that interview posted a couple pages back, he talks about how Peter Parker has the worst luck in the Marvel U... life just keeps dumping on him.

And he's talked about how he wants to make BP "some kid's Spider-Man".

Is it possible that he's so out of touch that he thinks that being Fate's bitch is what kids LIKE about Spider-man? So he keeps grinding T'challa down, because that's "the Panther Luck".

Just stupid enough to be plausible. :smh:

I think I've figured Coates out... in that interview posted a couple pages back, he talks about how Peter Parker has the worst luck in the Marvel U... life just keeps dumping on him.

Is it possible that he's so out of touch that he thinks that being Fate's bitch is what kids LIKE about Spider-man? So he keeps grinding T'challa down, because that's "the Panther Luck".

We kicked that idea around a year or so ago. Thinking the "Parker Luck " was appealing. For me when Parker was at Horizen Labs was his best. Not too much, but not too little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    We kicked that idea around a year or so ago. Thinking the "Parker Luck " was appealing. For me when Parker was at Horizen Labs was his best. Not too much, but not too little.
    Ah, OK. I've never actually been much of a Spidey fan, so I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Ah, OK. I've never actually been much of a Spidey fan, so I guess I wasn't paying attention.
    I got a theory question. Does he think hes doing us a favor continually bringing up the Destari and Black Order? Ever since Tchalla got back that's been a recurring conversation. Does he think he's doing something to correct it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I got a theory question. Does he think hes doing us a favor continually bringing up the Destari and Black Order? Ever since Tchalla got back that's been a recurring conversation. Does he think he's doing something to correct it?
    Nah... he brings those up because those are two of the three times Wakanda was invaded in recent years (the other being the Phoenix 5, of course) His entire run has been predicated on the idea that the country is in chaos because of it, and so he has to keep bringing them up to remind people.

The fact that Wakanda seems perfectly fine in almost every other book tends to muddle the issue, though.

Incredible Member

You can build a Franchise around Cooglers BP its Coates and his writing..i will say i enjoyed BP#20

I thought that meant making T'challa more relatable to kids, not to make him a man-child screw up like Peter Parker when Slott was writing him.