Page 725 of 750 FirstFirst ... 225625675715721722723724725726727728729735 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 11243

That's my fear with this... That going forward T'Challa becomes an origin story for Wakanda.

Shuri becomes the default because T'Challa was cut short. I can't see this going well for T'Challa at all and them forcing him out of his own franchise if the sequel, or the whole thing crumbles because they tried to make something work with the supporting cast that couldn't pull it's wait. Both ultimate make T'Challa the loser

Thanks! A little timely positivity. I havent searched Deviant in years for good Tchalla art

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think that would ruin M'Baku. He needs to be the M'Baku we all need him to be.
    That's a fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do like the fact that he would be very very different from Tchalla. Not trying to be Boseman or Tchalla probably makes the transition easier.
    This is what I'm saying, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Yep.

"Bring back Killmonger", "Okoye should be BP, "Nakia should take T'Challa place" etc. Goes to show that they don't even care about the source material but what they would like to see. These ideas are coming from people who have never even read a BP comic ever and they think they can argue with someone who has been a BP fan for a little over a decade? GTFOH
    The MCU doesn't care about the source material. The comics have never driven the movies.

That being said:

"…a BP fan for a little over a decade"? Try "ran the BP board when Priest was writing".

I'll probably work on my BP drawing this weekend. I need tondo something to lift my mood

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That's a fair point.

This is what I'm saying, yes.

The MCU doesn't care about the source material. The comics have never driven the movies.

That being said:

"…a BP fan for a little over a decade"? Try "ran the BP board when Priest was writing".
    You say that (and your right) yet that's the only argument we hear for Shuri

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You say that (and your right) yet that's the only argument we hear for Shuri

I'm past that. I'm just looking for an interesting spin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They'll bring him back at some point. Just not soon enough for some of us.

I don't see how Marvel thinks they're honoring Chadwick by not giving other Black male actors the opportunity they gave him.

Sidekick heroes are okay and everything, no knock on Rhodey and Sam but we need Black male lead heroes like T'Challa, Blade, Blue Marvel etc.
    I totally agree.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Oh man, I really wish I could draw sometimes. I think I have some really good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Oh man, I really wish I could draw sometimes. I think I have some really good ideas.
    Give it a shot man, all you can do is try. Watch some videos and have at it

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's my fear with this... That going forward T'Challa becomes an origin story for Wakanda.

Shuri becomes the default because T'Challa was cut short. I can't see this going well for T'Challa at all and them forcing him out of his own franchise if the sequel, or the whole thing crumbles because they tried to make something work with the supporting cast that couldn't pull it's wait. Both ultimate make T'Challa the loser

If this is Marvel's approach after the hell they are going through to redeem Luke. Then I'm done!

I'm sure there are Black creatives out there with a product worthy of my financial support.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Yep.

"Bring back Killmonger", "Okoye should be BP, "Nakia should take T'Challa place" etc. Goes to show that they don't even care about the source material but what they would like to see. These ideas are coming from people who have never even read a BP comic ever and they think they can argue with someone who has been a BP fan for a little over a decade? GTFOH
    I think it's fair to say most movie goers shouldn't necessarily care about the source material. MCU does change a lot of things (BP movie alone shows that with their version of Nakia for example). To me that's OKAY. Vast majority of movie goers don't read the comics, but that doesn't mean they don't have the right to want what they want. So no harm no foul there.

Disney/Marvel is in a somewhat different positon as they DO to SOME degree want to capture the spirit of the source material. But they're not 100% beholden to it. They'll make Sam and Jane Captain America and Thor, but UNLIKE the comics I don't necessarily think those are temp jobs. I of course could be 100% wrong about that, in that the MCU might end up bringing back Steve but I doubt it. I do think the MCU SORT OF wants to follow the comics, but also sort of wants to do it's own thing. There's a balancing act there. And that gives them the flexibility to either recast OR choose new Black Panther depending on what Coogler wants. Though IF they get a new one, I suspect it would be someone who was BP in the comics rather than Nakia or some random border tribemen.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCat View Post
    If this is Marvel's approach after the hell they are going through to redeem Luke. Then I'm done!

I'm sure there are Black creatives out there with a product worthy of my financial support.
    Lol Shawn James would like to have a dispassionate word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Lol Shawn James would like to have a dispassionate word with you.
    Sounds ominous... about what?

Incredible Member

Sounds ominous... about what?
    How you should support and buy his books.

Incredible Member

Just watched Ma Rainey's Black Bottom. Man, Chadwick killed that role. That must have been hard for him as a Christian when you factor some of the lines he had to say with what he was battling with. The talent was undeniably raw.

If Brother Chadwick had lived, his performances as T'Challa going forward would have him be the first actor to get an Oscar nom at least for a superhero performance.

DC has red lion. A black panther offshoot. I might start checking into that. Redjack's tie in coming February will probably be the last quality black panther we get for some time.
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-18-2020 at 12:48 PM.