Page 223 of 750 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Does anyone know what story this page is from?

I believe that's from marvel knights 20th.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The best option is clearly Achebe given how he hits on all the themes of the first film. Who’d you want as the secondary antagonist, the muscle of the operation?
    Junta. Tweak his powers some, and he could get through the suit and provide a challenge to T'Challa physically. Plus he was intro-ed in the same arc

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Okoye mentioning an Earth quake in the Atlantic in End Game got a lot of people talking.

It could have been a throw away line, but it's pretty much a given people will speculate Namor from that.

I think it's easy to wonder if a non BP rogue will be used because all the bigs ones (Mbaku, Klaw, Killmonger) showed up in the first. There are no obvious choices left, except maybe Achebe.
    This has been confirmed by the Russos that it was a nod/Easter egg to Namor.

Ultimate Member

I dunno why people are so eager to see a Namor vs. T'Challa throw down. We don't need the crap they went through in comics canon adapted to MCU canon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I dunno why people are so eager to see a Namor vs. T'Challa throw down. We don't need the crap they went through in comics canon adapted to MCU canon.
    This all they want to see

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Donny Cates did a Marvel Knights miniseries last year. Non cannon
    Figures as BP is giving DD, Castle and Electra all the business. Technically BP should be able to fight them all hand to hand with the benefit of the Heart Shaped Herb. I can see so many so called marvel fans complaining but if it was Captain America, there would not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    This all they want to see

Pretty much this.

They wouldn't want to see or expect something like what happened in Flags of our Father

I imagine a bulk of it is that it's more exciting for some to think about him throwing down with bigger better known villains. All the better known known BP rogues were used in the first movie, so you're sort of only left with the C listers who have made a small hand full of appearances, most of whom are underpowered.

A throwdown with a Doom or a Namor just feels bigger and more epic than one with say Achebe. Not that Achebe can't be cool or wouldn't work ... but the scale of it is very different. Of course you can power him up to make it more workable ... but guys like Doom work as is. They're not guys Wakanda should be able to swat like a bug the first 5 minutes of the movie.

I think Okoye mentioning an Earth quake in the Atlantic in End Game got a lot of people talking.

It could have been a throw away line, but it's pretty much a given people will speculate Namor from that.

I think it's easy to wonder if a non BP rogue will be used because all the bigs ones (Mbaku, Klaw, Killmonger) showed up in the first. There are no obvious choices left, except maybe Achebe.
    He still has rogues to use. It would be dumb to bring I. Out of franchise characters when there is plenty more to explore from BPs world

They're itching to see Namor because they want to see Wakanda/T'challa humbled. Now they can use the excuse of "Well it happened to Asgard so, Wakanda's turn!"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Pretty much this.

They wouldn't want to see or expect something like what happened in Flags of our Father
    If Namor ever shows up in a BP movie or if they star in some other kind of team up movie, I'd prefer an adaption of their meeting in Rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    This has been confirmed by the Russos that it was a nod/Easter egg to Namor.
    The writers/russos keep flip flopping

I don't think it was an easter egg at the time

It hink it will be retconned that it was. Similar to Peter being in IM2 magically now.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Donny Cates did a Marvel Knights miniseries last year. Non cannon
    waaaaaaaaaait when did this become non canon?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The writers/russos keep flip flopping

I don't think it was an easter egg at the time

It hink it will be retconned that it was. Similar to Peter being in IM2 magically now.
    They wouldn't have bothered even including the scene if it wasn't an Easter egg.

I imagine a bulk of it is that it's more exciting for some to think about him throwing down with bigger better known villains. All the better known known BP rogues were used in the first movie, so you're sort of only left with the C listers who have made a small hand full of appearances, most of whom are underpowered.

A throwdown with a Doom or a Namor just feels bigger and more epic than one with say Achebe. Not that Achebe can't be cool or wouldn't work ... but the scale of it is very different. Of course you can power him up to make it more workable ... but guys like Doom work as is. They're not guys Wakanda should be able to swat like a bug the first 5 minutes of the movie.
    Yeah.. No, Doom in the cinema is trash, this isn't because they feel it will be more epic, especially since Namor hasn't even show. Up in any movies.. this is strictly Doom and Namor fans wanting them to ride BPs success and hope that they get out of the movie alive and better yet, beat TChalla.

At this point Doom is a C Lister from the movieverse