Page 683 of 750 FirstFirst ... 183583633673679680681682683684685686687693733 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,245 of 11243
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I mean I really have to think about how Coogler feels. I get the impression he was completely blindsided by Chadwick's illness and death the way we all were. And maybe as the director and writer of the film he feels like he can't do it with anyone else. I feel like if the choice is coming from him, I feel better about it. I want his heart to be in it whatever happens.

But I won't lie, I'm actually disappointed and surprised at how disappointed I am, because I wasn't a big fan of recasting either. I just didn't think we'd have news on this so soon. I actually think that's what I don't like. But I don't know.

Extraordinary Member

Man. I knew there was a 50/50 chance they would do this. But now I have no clue how this is going to work.
    They even still have the spring 2022 release date.

I’m ��

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Feige himself saying they wouldn't be recasting out of respect for Boseman is way too definitive of a statement. I don't see them walking back on this unless the backlash is THAT strong.
    I also don't really see a clean way for them to write them out. It seems like the sequel is going to try and side-step the issue as much as they possibly can.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The sequel is going to explore the world of Wakanda so I wonder if they're getting around writing T'Challa by telling a story that doesn't necessarily need Black Panther.
    That's what I'm thinking. It's honestly just as awkward to kill off the character as it is to re-cast, imo. But if they just have a story focusing on other Wakandan characters, they could leave the issue unaddressed for the time being.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'm glad I'm not alone on the disappointment about Marvel not recasting BP. I get that Coogler is probably hurt by the news of his passing, but how can you re-write a movie that quickly and start filming in the upcoming months? Also, I feel the decision is just a quick bandaid for ardent MCU fans who are too emotionally invested in the franchise. I still cringe at those children doing the Wakanda Forever salute to their action figures crying. Plus, you have the Letitia Wright situation, which is interesting, to say the least.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the sequel won't be as good as the first one. It already has bad vibes around it. They should've just persevered and gone as originally planned.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixReborn85 View Post
    I'm glad I'm not alone on the disappointment about Marvel not recasting BP. I get that Coogler is probably hurt by the news of his passing, but how can you re-write a movie that quickly and start filming in the upcoming months? Also, I feel the decision is just a quick bandaid for ardent MCU fans who are too emotionally invested in the franchise. I still cringe at those children doing the Wakanda Forever salute to their action figures crying. Plus, you have the Letitia Wright situation, which is interesting, to say the least.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the sequel won't be as good as the first one. It already has bad vibes around it. They should've just persevered and gone as originally planned.
    I think it's too late for that now.

I'm still sad the Chadwick died and will be greatly missed but my interest just isn't there. T'Challa is the character who holds the franchise together and was the one who drew me into the Wakandan with some great stories 10+ years ago that will not be explored from the look of things. Take him out and I just don't feel there is a point to be emotionally invested in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Nope, actions for political leaders are to go to war with the government not hoard miracle cures for everyone. Except T'Chaka didn't just blame the real people responsible, he let millions die of cancer because a tiny group of government officials committed an assassination against him and his family. The rest of the world not taking action on his behalf is of course reprehensible but choosing to not share the cure for cancer to them is an over reaction, as well as the fact it would help Wakanda gain political allies with that discovery. Wakanda was an isolated country, countries won't act the same as if it were the United States. There is nothing to lose by sharing that cure, as well as being the first step in getting allies to help get revenge on the assassins years down the line when the alliances are solidified. What the wealthy nations are doing hoarding the covid cure is being dicks.

Ross being the main character means T'Challa isn't - a complaint levied at Coates is exactly this. But they did have big storylines as protagonists in their own right, until T'Challa got involved later on.

T'Challa had plenty of allies he went to for help, he wasn't a one man operation. Okoye was with him a lot as back-up, he personally asked Monica and Ross to help him on various missions and his ace in the hole was a technology guy monitoring Wakanda in the background. Not really, sometimes people in the supporting cast have advantages over the hero and Storm would fit the bill. Omega class mutant weather manipulator. T'Challa is of course no man to be reckoned with but she's in his weight class in super powers.
    Dude... That is a huge stretch your trying with the cure. The only fault about the situation was that Hudlin used cancer which is triggering to people. But they were well within their right to keep to themselves. Literally throughout their history, all their encounters with the outside world are would be conquerors trying to get their resources. When they do meet with foreign nations the King and his second son are both killed. So Wakanda goes back to an isolation stance. There's no allies to be gained when everyone is suspect.

Dude I'm not going to debate with someone who hasn't even read Coates story about the legitimate complaints about it. Your trying to compare Priests version (Which is the proper way to use supporting cast members minus a little too much Ross narration) vs Coates who is completely sidelining T'Challa for any random ass character he decides to use, punking T'Challa at every turn. Read his stories first, then come back and we can talk, until then, this is pointless

I wish Chadwick had at least told Coogler. If Chad didn’t want to be recast then fine, so be it. But if he was open to the character continuing beyond him I wish he had told Coogler that. This basically means we won’t get another T’Challa movie for... well basically as long as the MCU keeps going. In other words forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Feige himself saying they wouldn't be recasting out of respect for Boseman is way too definitive of a statement. I don't see them walking back on this unless the backlash is THAT strong.
    Man frak that. That's not respecting Boseman. This is a BS excuse, Chadwick wanted the character to outlive him. Cotdamn man, I guess that's it for me on the MCU side of they really are planning on ending his story like that

A Black Panther movie with no BP is a pass for me. Disappointed that this is the end of his time in the MCU and that we'll likely never see T'Challa on the big screen again.

Yeah won’t be watching

Me enjoying Black Panther, Ironheart, Armor War, Falcon/Winter Soilder and Blade while y'all sitting on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    A Black Panther movie with no BP is a pass for me. Disappointed that this is the end of his time in the MCU and that we'll likely never see T'Challa on the big screen again.
    What also bugs me is that his tenure in the mcu isn't all that great honestly. Small appearance in CW (okay) "dies" in his solo comes back, gets snapped in IW and is dead for 5 years, cones back.. and now is gone possibly forever unless a reboot happens or maybe for the 3rd movie If there's going to even be one... They talked about how important T'Challa and Wakanda were going to be going forward and just like that T'Challa is dropped. This is also made worse but the utter **** we have dealt with in Coates era which feels never ending, coupled with Chad passing and this?? I mean it's like a sick joke.. this is the literal biggest Black hero of all time and this is how he gets treated...

It's funny how the same people who claim that he was their least favourite character in his solo film are the same ones writing paragraphs that Marvel shouldn't recast him.

Well I’ll still check out the other MCU films. But on the Black Panther side of things I’m checking out now that T’Challa is gone for good.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"