Page 38 of 750 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Storm is in the book. I will not say much more to prevent spoilers, but man......does BP always need so much help?
    She is the one Coates actually wants to write

It's interesting....for the people on this board saying it's not the writer that's the problem...it's BP. Coates has dropped another issue today and none of the Coates fans have talked about it yet.

That's how much people care about this run at this point.

im shocked, absolutely shocked

shits been transparent for awhile.

Yup.

We've been so busy discussing the viability of black characters that it has not been discussed.
    That is because even die hards, ride or die BP fans who will read anything are being absolutely bored to death and disrespeced and can't handle it anymore.

I have no desire to rush to read something I am going to hate.

and I didn't even know BP was showing up in Carol's book, but considering the last time I checked in on the book she was evil or something and murder/death/killed Thor, I am no desire to see what the obvious outccome is going to be
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Gotta capitalize on that BW movie hype
    Precisely. Even though it almost NEVER helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That is because even die hards, ride or die BP fans who will read anything are being absolutely bored to death and disrespeced and can't handle it anymore.
    I'm not sure if I count as a "die-hard ride or die" BP fan (I'll stake a claim to "OG", though ), but as far as I'm concerned, there are no new BP comics being published.

Just a bunch of Skrull imposters.

BANNED

Storm is in the book. I will not say much more to prevent spoilers, but man......does BP always need so much help?
    I was only asking because I've noticed that Coates devotees only seem to comment on the book when she shows up.

Outside of that, they rarely comment on the book itself, or Coates wholesale destruction of T'Challa as a character, Wakanda as a concept and the BP Mythos in its entirety.

In fact, I daresay they low-key endorse the demise of said Mythos as long as Storm is elevated.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 01-23-2020 at 02:13 AM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Ooh. I’m hoping we get some more of the Soviet era characters used in other Marvel Comics. So much potential.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

just read the issue and I must say it was another slam dunk. shuri, eden, bp, ancestors, storm, bast and the black superhero squad!!! I'm ready for this epic battle! what was there not to like??
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    just read the issue and I must say it was another slam dunk. shuri, eden, bp, ancestors, storm, bast and the black superhero squad!!! I'm ready for this epic battle! what was there not to like??
    I rest my case.

From now on all of Majestic's posts should have this background music playing...

Get Hectic!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    From now on all of Majestic's posts should have this background music playing...

Brother FLEX HECTIC,

I cram to understand the mindset of a supposedly intellectually gifted African-American writer, reading T'Challa's mythos as written by Priest and Hudlin in particular, then going on to totally destroy all of their groundbreaking work and then, get praise from some readers who show with every post and utterance, that the neither understand, appreciate or even respect the core Black Panther Mythos unless said foundation is completely shattered and warped into a low frequency nonsensical mish-mash of faux wokeness and pseudo philosophy of dubious lineage.

It's like when will the freaking penny drop?

Coates is not pulling this crap in the Captain America solo book because Editorial are supervising his work very closely.

Why should any of us tolerate his deliberately cavalier work on the Black Panther solo book?

Why should any genuine Black Panther Mythos enthusiast, have to to be reliant on hopefully seeing T'Challa and Wakanda being portrayed favourably in books such as The Avengers or The Agents Of Wakanda, to at least be reminded of his true pedigree within the MU especially in the wake of being the centre og the MCU's first blockbuster movie to be nominated for an Oscar?

To be honest, I was planning to make 2019, the last year I'd comment on Coates but I find that silence is sometimes mistaken for weary resignation or worst still, acceptance.

I will still speak on this issue as circumstances warrant regardless of who gets it twisted.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Like i said previously....why does Black Panther need so much help?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I rest my case.
    HaHaHa...LOL. Good one.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 01-23-2020 at 04:38 AM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Brother FLEX HECTIC,

I cram to understand the mindset of a supposedly intellectually gifted African-American writer, reading T'Challa's mythos as written by Priest and Hudlin in particular, then going on to totally destroy all of their groundbreaking work and then, get praise from some readers who show with every post and utterance, that the neither understand, appreciate or even respect the core Black Panther Mythos unless said foundation is completely shattered and warped into a low frequency nonsensical mish-mash of faux wokeness and pseudo philosophy of dubious lineage.

It's like when will the freaking penny drop?

Coates is not pulling this crap in the Captain America solo book because Editorial are supervising his work very closely.

Why should any of us tolerate his deliberately cavalier work on the Black Panther solo book?

Why should any genuine Black Panther Mythos enthusiast, have to to be reliant on hopefully seeing T'Challa and Wakanda being portrayed favourably in books such as The Avengers or The Agents Of Wakanda, to at least be reminded of his true pedigree within the MU especially in the wake of being the centre og the MCU's first blockbuster movie to be nominated for an Oscar?

To be honest, I was planning to make 2019, the last year I'd comment on Coates but I find that silence is sometimes mistaken for weary resignation or worst still, acceptance.

I will still speak on this issue as circumstances warrant regardless of who gets it twisted.
    Yeah...Marvel editorial does not care about Black Panther at all. Coates run is the proof.

The crazy thing is that Coates' Captain America run stays around 30,000 so far. Oh God...can he please just stop writing the Black Panther comic?!

Hopefully this is all the dark before the dawn.

BANNED

Yeah...Marvel editorial does not care about Black Panther at all. Coates run is the proof.

The crazy thing is that Coates' Captain America run stays around 30,000 so far. Oh God...can he please just stop writing the Black Panther comic?!

Hopefully this is all the dark before the dawn.
    Captain America under Coates is selling well because Editorial have a firm grip on Coates handling of the character.

I'm not surprised. You can't build a franchise on Coates or coogler's Black Panther. You wouldn't think writing a superhero doing super things would be so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    She is the one Coates actually wants to write
    I swear to bast I remember hearing about Coates getting a Storm title somewhere, but then Hickman came back and made the X-men tolerable again, so now BP is a pseudo-Storm solo.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Lol, .....cute! Well to answer your question let's start by letting the hero, the title character have, you know...his OWN spotlight. While your at it could you ask ya boy Coates why he continues to punish Panther fans out of spite for X-office not even sniffing at giving him a Storm book, thereby working simultaneously to sabotage T'challa's own book.