Page 310 of 750 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Eh I think it's a small number that are just very loud. It's the same people that want nakia to go the malice route so that Storm can be introduced into BP because "They were married in the comics" I don't think Coogler or marvel are going to do that. Because Chadwick is the drawing power behind BP, take him out for Shuri (who don't get me wrong she is a fun character) who is this wise cracking quip character like many of Marvel's heros isn't the best move. There was a breath of fresh air with T'Challa being a serious character who isn't cracking jokes every 3 min.

I don't think Chadwick's going to be replaced
    I agree. Eventually Chadwick will want to move on, and then maybe Shuri will take over the BP role, but not before. I predict we’ll get a T’Challa trilogy that ends with him settling into his role as king and giving his sister the BP mantle. That lets T’Challa still exist and Chadwick can come back for cameos without demanding too much of his time.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

The first BP started filming in January of 2017 (Feb 2018 release date)

I gotta think the sequel will start filming at least by Feb or March next year. Would actually be wiser to start in January since this is supposed to be a bigger film and you need TIME to plan around post-production.

Point being...we're really not that far away when you think about it. Ryan/Marvel, etc. should be dropping some news in the coming months.

Its long been time to reveal a villain imo. Thats how you help generate hype.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-13-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    The first BP started filming in January of 2017 (Feb 2018 release date)

I gotta think the sequel will start filming at least by Feb or March next year. Would actually be wiser to start in January since this is supposed to be a bigger film and you need TIME to plan around post-production.

Point being...we're really not that far away when you think about it. Ryan/Marvel, etc. should be dropping some news in the coming months.

Its long been time to reveal a villain imo. Thats how you help generate hype.
    Comicon isn't that far away, so I imagine they're saving a few MCU announcements for that.

But really who knows how badly all this coronovirus stuff is messing up production.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don 't think it's even a push so much as speculation. According to the internet back in the day, Boseman had a 5 movie deal. That may no longer be true, or may never have been true from the very beginning ... but that's what the internet reported. So it's easy for people to speculate that Shuri, who is half bosemans age, might take the mantle. It doesn't necessarily mean it's something fans or marvel want to happen... but it's pretty easy to speculate that might be where we are headed. Or it might not.
    Except for the simple fact that marvel has never put out a solo hero movie and then switched out the main character after the first movie.. so there's no reason to think they would do that now, plus it would have major backlash. All marvel heroes have gotten a trilogy at minimum. No reason to believe marvel will change that now

Except for the simple fact that marvel has never put out a solo hero movie and then switched out the main character after the first movie.. so there's no reason to think they would do that now, plus it would have major backlash. All marvel heroes have gotten a trilogy at minimum. No reason to believe marvel will change that now
    Again, it's a matter of how many movies they have Boseman contractually obligated to. If they have him for another 2-3 movies and Boseman wants to keep going, then this won't be an issue. I'm sure marvel would be happy to have him for as long as they can. But if hypothetically speaking Boseman is done with 5 movies, then obviously marvel would likely have to move foreward without him whether they want to or not.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-13-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    There's certainly a push by major outlets and large sections of black Twitter. Shuri is effectively the only black female superhero at Marvel or DC who has a realistic chance of getting her own film. Storm and Ironheart at best get Disney+ shows and Vixen is a lost cause.

So in the current era of "supporting black women" and "misogynoir" there's more than a handful of people speculating/hoping that T'Challa gives the throne to Shuri at the earliest opportunity. Not to mention "fans" who are slaves to comic continuity that think T'Challa needs to lose the throne before he can do things like join the Illuminati or be part of Secret Wars.

It's not a overwhelming push but in some sections of the fandom there's a clear undercurrent of support for Shuri getting the throne ASAP. I'm not overly concerned that will necessarily play out in either the comics or movies but I have a hard time believing that Marvel isn't aware this is something people want.
    In the climate we're in now, I can see them elevating Shuri. I don't know if it will be a BP movie but I can certainly see something along the lines of a show/mini on D+

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Again, it's a matter of how many movies they have Boseman contractually obligated to. If they have him for another 2-3 movies and Boseman wants to keep going, then this won't be an issue. I'm sure marvel would be happy to have him for as long as they can. But if hypothetically speaking Boseman is done with 5 movies, then obviously marvel would likely have to move foreward without him whether they want to or not.
    Yeah except if marvel signed Chadwick on why would they only do 3 small appearance team movie's and two solos? Logically speaking, why would Marvel not have him do a full trilogy?

When that black ops team used for recovering Vb gets rolling. Lol

Yeah except if marvel signed Chadwick on why would they only do 3 small appearance team movie's and two solos? Logically speaking, why would Marvel not have him do a full trilogy?
    T'Chadwick will get his trilogy. They gave Cap/Tony/Thor 3 solos before their replacement so I don't see why they wouldn't have him signed to a three-solo movie deal as well. They're not replacing Benedict/Strange in the middle of his trilogy so why Chad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree. Eventually Chadwick will want to move on, and then maybe Shuri will take over the BP role, but not before. I predict we’ll get a T’Challa trilogy that ends with him settling into his role as king and giving his sister the BP mantle. That lets T’Challa still exist and Chadwick can come back for cameos without demanding too much of his time.
    I mean, that makes sense. We know Black Panther's age out eventually and give up that mantle while keeping the throne.

I'm not sure how much younger Shuri is in canon. And also, while she is a warrior... is she the best warrior in Wakanda? She seems pretty pre occuipied in the lab. And the BP title passes down from "warrior to warrior"

It'll be interesting.

What really needs to be explored is the succession plan. Hudlin realized this and I wouldn't doubt Coogler does too. The king has no queen. The king has no heir. Time actually moves in the MCU, this isn't comics. This needs to be rectified somewhere. Right now, the unbroken line of Bashenga is stopped.

I think you can tease like say... Vibaxas of sorts with Shuri but she is too young to be married/pregnant and stuff. MCU t'challa is what... 35? Him and nakia need to get busy lol

They opening BP2 with a royal wedding makes too much damn sense. Give us more Wakanda culture similar to the coronation. Mix in aspects of various African wedding extravagantza with comic book craziness. Give me fights between warriors for entertainment. Give me Nakia meeting the panther god. Give it to me!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'd imagine money.

Unlike the original duo, dude had to do 3 crowded team movies rapid fire without being top billing. I'd imagine 3 team ups and two solos was a compromise so chadwick can re-negotiate the third film.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Eh I think it's a small number that are just very loud. It's the same people that want nakia to go the malice route so that Storm can be introduced into BP because "They were married in the comics" I don't think Coogler or marvel are going to do that. Because Chadwick is the drawing power behind BP, take him out for Shuri (who don't get me wrong she is a fun character) who is this wise cracking quip character like many of Marvel's heros isn't the best move. There was a breath of fresh air with T'Challa being a serious character who isn't cracking jokes every 3 min.

I don't think Chadwick's going to be replaced
    You're probably right, I just think that there's push by some in the media and in the fandom for Shuri to take the mantle as early as BP2. Most likely won't happen, but the push is there and it's worth pointing out. I think Boseman will get to finish his trilogy and from there Shuri will take over and while he becomes available for brief appearances. Which I'm perfectly fine with by the way. I think a Shuri-led BP trilogy is a great idea, as long as T'Challa gets what the white dudes got lol.

I actually suspect that Shuri will get a Disney+ show either between BP2 and BP3 or between BP3 and the start of her own trilogy. Introduce Vibraxas or *sigh* Gentle as the love interest, her own Dora Milaje, and focus on her leveling up in preparation for her ascension to the throne.

You're probably right, I just think that there's push by some in the media and in the fandom for Shuri to take the mantle as early as BP2. Most likely won't happen, but the push is there and it's worth pointing out. I think Boseman will get to finish his trilogy and from there Shuri will take over and while he becomes available for brief appearances. Which I'm perfectly fine with by the way. I think a Shuri-led BP trilogy is a great idea, as long as T'Challa gets what the white dudes got lol.

I actually suspect that Shuri will get a Disney+ show either between BP2 and BP3 or between BP3 and the start of her own trilogy. Introduce Vibraxas or *sigh* Gentle as the love interest, her own Dora Milaje, and focus on her leveling up in preparation for her ascension to the throne.
    I'd bring in Kasper Kole.

I didn't negotiate his contract, so obviously I don't know. It's entirely possible the reports of him signing a 5 movie deal are completely untrue. Or maybe marvel is just being conservative about their contracts and trying to save some money. Either way its potential leverage for Boseman to get a bigger contract, or a convenient jumping off point if he's getting tired wearing that suit. So it doesn't necessarily work against Boseman. It's worth remembering that a 5 movie deal is actually a lot. That's like a 6-10 year commitment.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-13-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

There's certainly a push by major outlets and large sections of black Twitter. Shuri is effectively the only black female superhero at Marvel or DC who has a realistic chance of getting her own film. Storm and Ironheart at best get Disney+ shows and Vixen is a lost cause.

So in the current era of "supporting black women" and "misogynoir" there's more than a handful of people speculating/hoping that T'Challa gives the throne to Shuri at the earliest opportunity. Not to mention "fans" who are slaves to comic continuity that think T'Challa needs to lose the throne before he can do things like join the Illuminati or be part of Secret Wars.

It's not a overwhelming push but in some sections of the fandom there's a clear undercurrent of support for Shuri getting the throne ASAP. I'm not overly concerned that will necessarily play out in either the comics or movies but I have a hard time believing that Marvel isn't aware this is something people want.
    There were folks ready to boycott the first movie if black women didn't do anything in the film. Along with another group wanting to boycott because of who MBJ dates. Same group who wants Miles Morales's voice guy to be replaced because he doesn't support a certain movement. Same group who wanted Lucas gone from Stranger Thing. So his sister could take his place.

As for the cherry pickers who want to cherry pick canon in comics. If they want cannon so bad where were they when these movies started?

I don't remember seeing Black Panther in a Fantastic Four movie since that is where he was first introduced.

The first X-Men were all WHITE not with Logan and Storm nor younger versions of Iceman.

Why is this the one franchise where folks are screaming he got to GO?

Where are these calls for black woman in the suit with Cap America, Thor and even Spider-man? Miles has a little sister now. Danielle Cage has been Thor and Cap America.

Is hate to see a black man successful that strong because he is not bouncing a ball or drug dealing?