Page 571 of 750 FirstFirst ... 71471521561567568569570571572573574575581621671 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 11243
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's cool. As long as she's not Wakandan.
    Weeeeell, there is another option.....one that very much fits and strongly benefits Tchalla.

Gentle as a Wakandan spy, an X-Men infiltrator who has been feeding BP with all behind the scenes X-Men and mutant info. False backstory, tactically implanted false memories to get around telepaths and Wakandan "actors" as his hating mum and "xenophobic" wakandans aawhenever Gentle is in Wakanda alongside the X-Men (I'm whatever story).

Gentle's hating mum is actually his spy handler....Gentle being a son of a hatute zeraze and Dora milage couple.

This would feed and fit directly into Hudlin's Wakandan spy network and into Priest's BP character profile.....and could be crucial in current Wakanda - Krakoa relations given the present Krakoa nation(& it's relations with other nations) wider story ongoing in the X-Men right now.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'll simply say YES to the first and leave it at that. Real life can be just as bad as comics. Sometimes worse.

But as far as Wakanda being potrayed as anti-mutant ... I don't believe that Gentle was ostricized because he was a mutant. He was ostricized because his father was an outsider. Granted it's still bigotry... but it was a form of bigotry which was established in Wakanda well before Gentle was created.

But in the general sense YES the public in comics often is potrayed in a negative light to show how good the heroes are. Wakanda is potrayed xenophobic and isolationist so that T'Challa can show how progressive he is in NOT thinking that way and opening up Wakanda to the world. The public in the US are often show as anti-muntant in X-Men to show how tolerent the X-men are in defending people who hate and fear them. Potraying the background world in a negative light is an easy prop to make the main characters look good by comparrison.
    Except that part doesn't make sense because we have seen no. Wakandans living there no problem, plus him being half Wakandan would mean he was Wakandan.. so now x logic doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Weeeeell, there is another option.....one that very much fits and strongly benefits Tchalla.

Gentle as a Wakandan spy, an X-Men infiltrator who has been feeding BP with all behind the scenes X-Men and mutant info. False backstory, tactically implanted false memories to get around telepaths and Wakandan "actors" as his hating mum and "xenophobic" wakandans aawhenever Gentle is in Wakanda alongside the X-Men (I'm whatever story).

Gentle's hating mum is actually his spy handler....Gentle being a son of a hatute zeraze and Dora milage couple.

This would feed and fit directly into Hudlin's Wakandan spy network and into Priest's BP character profile.....and could be crucial in current Wakanda - Krakoa relations given the present Krakoa nation(& it's relations with other nations) wider story ongoing in the X-Men right now.
    I like this too, thst would be just as good as my idea ofcompletely taking off the table that he is Wakandan.

This would give control back to the mythos and turn a ishtty character into something cool.. but there's still the risk that he is an x office character so they may retaliate to that

Nah, I'd rather neither Gentle or his mother be Wakandan. Just send them both to the X-verse and keep them there. I don't want any reason for the X-verse to involve themselves with Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I could roll with that.
    Yeah I don't want T'Challa Tangled up with anymore x nonsense that he can't break away from at the drop of a hat, so having Emma all up on him, again, after he had already told Storm they are done and some time has passed, she walks in on that and gets the final boot, then T'Challa moves on fines a nice good LI in his franchise and is forever rid of the weather witch. The end

Updated pic that I posted the other day. This is from Adam Kuberts cover of PP:SS #298. I may go back and darken the shading parts later. Just thinking about somethings I can add to this pic.

BP Adam Kubert cover.jpg

Updated pic that I posted the other day. This is from Adam Kuberts cover of PP:SS #298. I may go back and darken the shading parts later. Just thinking about somethings I can add to this pic.

BP Adam Kubert cover.jpg
    Heavier shading for sure, that will really make it pop and look badass!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Heavier shading for sure, that will really make it pop and look badass!
    I actually thought about doing it in color. But once you start you can't go back so I'm holding off for a minute, lol. I actually have an idea for an original piece that I would like to do in color.

https://www.cbr.com/static-shock-dc-...dan-producing/

Michael B Jordan working on a project. Marvel, step it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except that part doesn't make sense because we have seen no. Wakandans living there no problem, plus him being half Wakandan would mean he was Wakandan.. so now x logic doesn't work.
    You're right ...it doesn't make sense to ostracize him for only being half Wakandan. But that's the inherent problem with bigotry ... it doesn't make sense.

Of course if Gentles parents were rulers of Wakanda, he wouldn't necessarily be having these problems like Storm and Ramonda. But they weren't. No one ever said life was fair.

You're right ...it doesn't make sense to ostracize him for only being half Wakandan. But that's the inherent problem with bigotry ... it doesn't make sense.

Of course if Gentles parents were rulers of Wakanda, he wouldn't necessarily be having these problems like Storm and Ramonda. But they weren't. No one ever said life was fair.
    i like the spy idea. nothing else really makes sense.

all those memories Jean pulled out were implants so that Gentle could keep on eye on the mutants. and all that stuff with his powers hurting him is nonsense too. just part of the cover. you could even go so far as to say he's got unconscious programming so that he believes his memories too, until he hears the code phrase.

because there's no way Wakandans are xenophobic against Wakandans. Zero chance of that.

Astonishing Member

I'll simply say YES to the first and leave it at that. Real life can be just as bad as comics. Sometimes worse.

But as far as Wakanda being potrayed as anti-mutant ... I don't believe that Gentle was ostricized because he was a mutant. He was ostricized because his father was an outsider. Granted it's still bigotry... but it was a form of bigotry which was established in Wakanda well before Gentle was created.

But in the general sense YES the public in comics often is potrayed in a negative light to show how good the heroes are. Wakanda is potrayed xenophobic and isolationist so that T'Challa can show how progressive he is in NOT thinking that way and opening up Wakanda to the world. The public in the US are often show as anti-muntant in X-Men to show how tolerent the X-men are in defending people who hate and fear them. Potraying the background world in a negative light is an easy prop to make the main characters look good by comparrison.
    I don't necessarily disagree but I do think the standard should change when working with another character's mythos. Gentle was brought in as the de facto representative of the Black Panther mythos and in time hasn't brought much to the table other than misconception and confusion.

Astonishing Member

Yea I like this a lot too. Make him full Wakandan and fully loyal to the throne. T'Challa looks competent and you got a cool story arc for a teenaged Wakandan mutant that can be brought into the BP mythos when he inevitably slips back into limbo w/ the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i like the spy idea. nothing else really makes sense.

all those memories Jean pulled out were implants so that Gentle could keep on eye on the mutants. and all that stuff with his powers hurting him is nonsense too. just part of the cover. you could even go so far as to say he's got unconscious programming so that he believes his memories too, until he hears the code phrase.

because there's no way Wakandans are xenophobic against Wakandans. Zero chance of that.
    I like the idea that they were never Wakandans to begin with. Making them Wakandan spies keeps them connected with the X-Men.

Just ship them back to Krakoa Resurrection protocols and all and never let them set foot on Wakandan soil again.

I actually thought about doing it in color. But once you start you can't go back so I'm holding off for a minute, lol. I actually have an idea for an original piece that I would like to do in color.
    Yeah I am debating now if I want to start my next drawing on my drawing tablet so I can color it without worry. I don't have enough confidence in my coloring to try it on my current drawings.. I really like them lol