Page 546 of 750 FirstFirst ... 46446496536542543544545546547548549550556596646 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'm baffled they don't seem to have a timeline on when this thing gets released after all this time. My prediction (really my hope) is that Marvel's finally reigning Coates in. They saw sales hemorrhage this last "season" and are forcing him to make massive changes to the story to change how it ends and where it leaves T'Challa.

No destroying the Djalia, get rid of the IGEW, write out Storm, leave the man content with his life so the next relaunch has basically a blank slate to work with. We'll see but I think Coates is either too busy to finish or he's dragging he's feet during this rewrite process or some combination of both.
    We have to remember the pandemic is delaying several books, not just BP.

I would imagine if the BP books aren't selling super well or are heavily tied to the other books/events currently being published, then its just one of many waiting out the pandemic until the industry starts to recover.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We have to remember the pandemic is delaying several books, not just BP.

I would imagine if the BP books aren't selling super well or are heavily tied to the other books/events currently being published, then its just one of many waiting out the pandemic until the industry starts to recover.
    Black Panther is arguably the most high profile book still waiting for release and while sales are atrocious they're not so outrageously bad that it can't be released, is it? I mean why wouldn't Marvel just bite the bullet and get Coates' run out the way so they can relaunch with a new team. I feel like there's a creative issue at work here and the finances may not be the only aspect.

Black Panther is arguably the most high profile book still waiting for release and while sales are atrocious they're not so outrageously bad that it can't be released, is it? I mean why wouldn't Marvel just bite the bullet and get Coates' run out the way so they can relaunch with a new team. I feel like there's a creative issue at work here and the finances may not be the only aspect.
    Even Falcon and Winter Soldier came back. Only things not back are books that hadn't launched yet anyway. I might be forgetting some though.

Again, just speculating... if you're going to relaunch, maybe you don't want to do it now when sales will probably be flat due to the pandemic. Previous BP relaunches did very well.

Lile I said though, I'm just speculating. There could be a million things we just don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    They dont cause problems that lead to franchise fan wars.
    That doesn't answer the question of what T'Challa's other love interests have ever brought to the table, or what they have contributed to the Wakandan mythos.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i'm here for a T'Challa-specific love interest who is absolutely not Ororo Monroe.

I'm here for T'Challa being T'Challa, i.e. the most dangerous human being on Earth since Ulysses.
    Yes Dammit!!!!!!
    Fax

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    That doesn't answer the question of what T'Challa's other love interests have ever brought to the table, or what they have contributed to the Wakandan mythos.
    That is a contribution. If you're not hurting the brand, there's nothing to complain about.

Astonishing Member

Again, just speculating... if you're going to relaunch, maybe you don't want to do it now when sales will probably be flat due to the pandemic. Previous BP relaunches did very well.

Lile I said though, I'm just speculating. There could be a million things we just don't know about.
    They relaunched Iron Man like last week didn't they? But I agree there are probably multiple factors at play here. Time will tell and if there's a story attached to it we may hear about it down the road.

Astonishing Member

It's not about what they contribute. It's about what they don't do. Storm is the only love interest in the BP mythos that incites anger and division between the BP franchise and others because she's from another mythos.

Storm is a fictional character so that's obviously not her fault, but it comes down to an X-Office that isn't willing to play ball and pulls stunts like what we saw yesterday. Monica doesn't have to contribute anything to be a better option, though with the right approach I think she could be a great love interest.

Waiting for a good relaunch time doesn't prevent them from finishing the last three issues. If they had the relaunch planned, they would have teased it when they announced Coates was finished

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

bp should be released im assuming the early part of next year. i don't think coates is still writing as it was supposed to be released earlier this year. also good luck redjack, get tchalla far away from the xbooks!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That is a contribution. If you're not hurting the brand, there's nothing to complain about.
    I'm talking about IN-UNIVERSE, not outside of it. Monica Lynne, Malaika and Nakia "not hurting the brand" doesn't address what each of them has brought to the table as far as Wakanda is concerned, or how they have contributed to Wakanda's mythos, or what impactful contributions they have made INSIDE THE STORIES.

It's not about what they contribute. It's about what they don't do. Storm is the only love interest in the BP mythos that incites anger and division between the BP franchise and others because she's from another mythos.

Storm is a fictional character so that's obviously not her fault, but it comes down to an X-Office that isn't willing to play ball and pulls stunts like what we saw yesterday. Monica doesn't have to contribute anything to be a better option, though with the right approach I think she could be a great love interest.
    I was responding to someone's comment about Storm's contributions to the Wakandan mythos, which is why I asked the question about the other love interests' contributions as well, because my thinking is, if you're going to call into question or analyze the contributions of one love interest, then you should also call into question the contributions of all other love interests as well. Because I feel as though it's unfairly lop-sided and not entirely fair if you don't.

And what they "don't do" (as in creating fan-franchise divisions) has nothing to do with their contributions inside the Marvel 616 universe, which is what I'm asking about. And calling Storm's contributions into question because she's from the X-Men franchise, but then right after saying Monica Lynne doesn't have to contribute anything, because she's from the Black Panther franchise, doesn't really make sense to me, but at this point, I'm not going to discuss this further because I get the feeling we'll just be arguing in circles and none of us wants that.

As the old saying goes, "we'll agree to disagree."
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-08-2020 at 03:59 PM.

I'm talking about IN-UNIVERSE, not outside of it. Monica Lynne, Malaika and Nakia "not hurting the brand" doesn't address what each of them has brought to the table as far as Wakanda is concerned, or how they have contributed to Wakanda's mythos, or what impactful contributions they have made INSIDE THE STORIES.
    If were talking in universe, who cares what they contributed. The books called Black Panther, the support character are replaceable and only need to do just enough to fill down time in the story or help move the plot along. Tchalla and Wakanda as a society are the only part that matter.

And as far as I can tell neither has Storm. Did she bring new technology, reveal something about Wakanda that wasn't know before(in story)? How about open a school to train mutants and mutates. She came, she left and nothing changed. And the whole god thing only benefits her, doesn't do anything for Wakanda.

Not shockingly, a love interest didn't do that much in regards to making him look bad @$$. Love interest usually aren't that useful in that capacity.

Again, I think the value is allowing readers to see a more humanized side to the character. Something really no other character has been able to bring out in him. We've seen him joke with her ... we've seen him cry with her. Its helped convey a more well rounded character. And I at least enjoyed it.
    IH huh, yet somehow, despite LI usually not being useful in that capacity, Storm had been able to benefit from thst multiple times through BP.. imagine that.