Page 96 of 750 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 11243
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    My Crew

That's a pretty cool crew.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I was at a comic book show today

Got Killmonger's first appearance (signed by the writer too)

I never saw so many copies of Black Panther in bins (of a current run) like that before. If that is not a sign of folks being tired than I don't know what is. Miles & Luke-I saw variants and only ONE in Luke's case and the rare ones for Miles.

And folks loved my Killmonger shirt.

You would have saw those calls no matter what. Lead by folks who want to be pandered to.

We saw it with Creed & Stranger Things. With the way folks were going on about Lucas's sister, I thought she did something big in season 2. All she did in ALL her scenes was INSULT Lucas.

Especially males of color.

Because no one expects another to succeed. Never mind what Spawn, Static, Blade, Miles & Luke Cage have done. Or what Moon Girl will do.

Shuri does not need her brother's outfit. You can do a spinoff movie to showcase black girl power with Panther even showing up. If she is in charge of urban community development-that is a movie by itself.
    Yeah, Shuri can get (or make) her own Habit if she wants to be more of a fighter instead of in the lab all the time, though I do like the idea of her in charge of Wakanda's global outreach. And yes, more success and respect for black characters across the board instead of cannibalizing the ones that do overcome that threshold would be nice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    ah Okay, it looks great I love the color of it. Can you scan drawings into the program and then color from there? I am not comfortable at all on a tablet and so I rely on my pencil skills, but if I can transfer then o would be okay with that too

I have a BP drawing that I'm going to ink and color but I am lacking in the coloring pens (my wife and I drew a action/adventure story book featuring our kids favorite stuffed animals) and that stuff racks up in price. I'll upload what I have so far so people here can see
    you can IMPORT from your main device provided they're both on the same network. I practice inking over pro pencils that way.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Mad skills sir! Are planning on releasing your own books, or series?
    yep. just go to CBR's creator showcase section and there should be links.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I was at a comic book show today

Got Killmonger's first appearance (signed by the writer too)

I never saw so many copies of Black Panther in bins (of a current run) like that before. If that is not a sign of folks being tired than I don't know what is. Miles & Luke-I saw variants and only ONE in Luke's case and the rare ones for Miles.

And folks loved my Killmonger shirt.

You would have saw those calls no matter what. Lead by folks who want to be pandered to.

We saw it with Creed & Stranger Things. With the way folks were going on about Lucas's sister, I thought she did something big in season 2. All she did in ALL her scenes was INSULT Lucas.

Especially males of color.

Because no one expects another to succeed. Never mind what Spawn, Static, Blade, Miles & Luke Cage have done. Or what Moon Girl will do.

Shuri does not need her brother's outfit. You can do a spinoff movie to showcase black girl power with Panther even showing up. If she is in charge of urban community development-that is a movie by itself.
    The way you illustrated how easy it is to use Shuri in book while letting her do her own thing only adds to suspicion that there are serious, deliberate moves being made to just shade black male characters in the books at least. You almost would someone is trying to copy D.C.'s playbook on all things black male related! Why the heck is Marvel comics trying to go backwards????

you can IMPORT from your main device provided they're both on the same network. I practice inking over pro pencils that way.
    what kinda price range are we looking at here? And is the system user friendly

I finished the three part series of Vader Immortal under the influence of my sons Oculus Quest...

Lo and behold Vader is in a place called "Necropolis" where I proceeded to take it to him Mace Windu style!

Virtual reality is freaky sometimes but I can clearly see where a Black Panther video game could thrive in that environment!

Yes it's a bit glitchy and can overheat but just like the movie Ready Player One you should take a break and not try to stay in there too long!

And... Have somebody keep the dog (or cat) out of the way less they get stepped on and please don't try this near a swimming pool for safety's sake!

I may have to venture through it again to declare if it's one of the best video gaming experiences ever but it is up there visually!

Black Panther VR... Yep I'm down for it!
    Get Hectic!

what kinda price range are we looking at here? And is the system user friendly
    Ipad pro - 690 (used)-1800-ish depending on how much memory you need.
    Procreate - 10 bucks
    apple pencil about 100 bucks

The X-Men Finally Challenge Black Panther's Wakanda - But Not How You Think

The X-Men have re-established themselves at the top of the Marvel pecking order with all the changes Jonathan Hickman has introduced into the franchise. Marvel's Merry Mutants transitioned from an underdog status where it really appeared mutants would become extinct, to declaring a new sovereign mutant island and joining the United Nations. It all happened so quickly, that it is no surprise that those major power plays would draw the attention of groups looking to oppose the X-Men.

Hickman sprinkled data pages inside his House of X and Powers of X miniseries, which revealed key details about the X-Men's new status quo. One of the more intriguing data pages came in House of X #5 after the United Nations passed a vote allowing the X-Men to establish Krakoa as a mutant sovereign nation. Part of Charles Xavier's declaration to the world involved selling mutant pharmaceutical drugs that can extend the human life cycle. More than 100 nations have agreed to a trade deal with Krakoa, though some have rejected Krakoan overtures. Readers were shown a list of countries that have rejected a trade treaty with Krakoa, with Black Panther's Wakanda standing out from the pack.

The House of X #5 data page highlighted the African nation of Wakanda in red, stating its reason for rejecting the X-Men as, "THEY DO NOT NEED MUTANT DRUGS." On the surface, this decision makes some sense for Wakanda. It is a highly-advanced, technological nation with no peer in the Marvel Universe. Wakanda has mined its natural resource, Vibranium, and turned it into weapons and medicine, so what use would mutant drugs be to Wakanda's citizens?

On the other hand, the defiant way Wakanda rejected Krakoa possibly teases a conflict between the two in the near future. But if you don't want to wait that long to see the two nations compete against one another, then have a look at a preview for Marvel's Voices #1.

Marvel's Voices is a new anthology that spins out of the popular Marvel podcast series of the same name. The preview picks up at the first annual International Science Race Expo, where drivers will navigate a course that takes them across the world. We then meet two of the race teams that are competing, which happen to come from Krakoa and Wakanda.

Forge and Prodigy are representing for the X-Men, with the former listed as the driver and the latter as co-designer/engineering support. Princess Shuri will pilot for Team Wakanda, with her brother, King T'Challa aka Black Panther, there as moral support. Black Panther tries to wish Shuri luck, but she quickly dismisses his kind words. After all, who needs luck when she clearly has the superior design? Of course, Forge hears this and they exchange some friendly trash talk before the race begins.

This may not be the first showdown fans envisioned when House of X set up an X-Men vs. Black Panther confrontation, but the race should still provide a good deal of entertainment. Forge and Shuri will want to win for their respective nations, meaning they will go all-out to secure victory. Plus, you never know if this race will be the catalyst that finally sparks a superhero war between Krakoa and Wakanda.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-krakoa-bla...nce-race-expo/

Were the X-Men ever removed from the "top of the pecking order"? They always have an ongoing, frequently had their line re-launched no matter how poorly their books did and their characters were constantly being re-invented to appeal to readers. This just feels like pandering to the X-franchise's already obnoxious persecution complex.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-17-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Hey Redjack...

For brothas on a budget try Affinity Photo...

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/

50 bucks on Mac

20 bucks on iPad

I've only used the Mac version and I find it sometimes better than Photoshop which has that subscription pricing where as Affinity has that flat fee!

I did this pic with it for my creator owned character... I could tell you more about that but then I'd have to kill ya!

Lightning Nebula.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGojM3A5t-g
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Hey Redjack...

50 bucks on Mac

20 bucks on iPad

I've only used the Mac version and I find it sometimes better than Photoshop which has that subscription pricing where as Affinity has that flat fee!

I did this pic with it for my creator owned character... I could tell you more about that but then I'd have to kill ya!

Lightning Nebula.jpg

yeah, PROCREATE is only for the tablets. also, there's GIMP, another free app that is basically the same as photoshop.

(love that nebula)

Ipad pro - 690 (used)-1800-ish depending on how much memory you need.
    Procreate - 10 bucks
    apple pencil about 100 bucks
    Oof your killing me RJ.. it I appreciate the information, I really want to make my pictures pop and I just ain't getting it with the colored pens.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Hey Redjack...

50 bucks on Mac

20 bucks on iPad

Lightning Nebula.jpg

To Flex, how about a PC Budget version of that affinity system?

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The X-Men Finally Challenge Black Panther's Wakanda - But Not How You Think

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-krakoa-bla...nce-race-expo/
    It kinda bothered me how for Shuri they put. Princess of Wakanda: designer, engineer, builder. And driver, and for T'Challa.. The Black panther, son of T'Chaka (here for moral support) chairman of Avengers, genius, most dangerous man alive, hell not even throwing in king..
    The amount of disrespect man...

Ezyo1000 there is also a Windows version of Affinity Photo as well as it's sister app Affinity Designer!

I have not used Affinity Designer yet but I do have it on my computer for future video game making!

Keep this in mind as far as budget goes... Yes, you can wear Chuck Taylor Converse gym shoes on the basketball court but it is generally better to make the Footlocker investment and get the proper gear for your bunions not to swell up so much!

I have various software used by industry professionals because at some point you have to legitimately compete with your upper class peers... Master Artist Mshindo told me that BTW!

Eventually you will be required to make some sort of investment unless it's just a hobby...

There is of course open source (free) software like Blender...

https://www.blender.org

Or if you are really feeling high tech you could download Unreal which was used for the Batman Arkham game as well as Vader Immortal...

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/

Unreal is free until you start making money and then you owe a 5% royalty off what you earned!

I recommend using student versions of most software to test if you like and then purchase later according to the project budget!

Before we derail the thread any further I'll list my most used software...

Zbrush

Lightwave

Marvelous Designer

Substance Painter

Flame Painter

Amberlight

Affinity Photo

Photoshop

Apple Motion

And a gang of plugins too many to name...
    Get Hectic!

It kinda bothered me how for Shuri they put. Princess of Wakanda: designer, engineer, builder. And driver, and for T'Challa.. The Black panther, son of T'Chaka (here for moral support) chairman of Avengers, genius, most dangerous man alive, hell not even throwing in king..
    The amount of disrespect man...
    I believe the captions are referring to the role each person played in building the vehicle.