Page 508 of 750 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The art was dope.

martial arts, tech, tactics... and BRAVADO. You can't forget the bravado. T'challa was talkin' that ****. "I don't have time to kill you" is all time level trash talk.

Poor Mjolnir. Leave Mjolnir alone lol.

I mean, if Khonshu gets to pull bullshit ass pulls, then T'challa can do damnit lol

Thor is my second favorite character by far but F it at this point lol. Sacrifices must be made
    Yup. It's not enough to just do top tier feats. Characters like T'Challa need to be in their confidence bag when they're doing cool ****. He doesn't always have to be humble, sometimes dude just needs to let loose and fully embody that warrior-king persona. This was a perfect representation of T'Challa as a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Then what's the point of a Black Panther movie? T'Challa IS the story. I dont care how many people want to go on about Shuri this or M'Baku that; they're not it T'challa is. If people want to see Wakanda without T'Challa then they can go and petition for a D+ show or whatever.
    Certainly right now Tchalla is the story ... and that might not change. But it theoretically can ... again, that's up to Coogler. Thor was the story of the Thor movies ... until it became about Jane.

Though it's probably fair to point out that Thor isn't dead ... Jane taking center stage doesn't necessarily mean Thor can't still be around. Maybe people can have their cake and eat it too. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I never understood why the daggers fell out of favor with a lot of writers post Priest. To me it was a pretty unique upgrade both visually and practically. Hopefully more writers use them more often. Shame it didn't make it in the movie.
    When he throws the daggers, I find it kind of corny and the visual isn’t as good. But in this book they found a more creative way to reveal the dagger, weaponize it, and make it look useful.

Incredible Member

Certainly right now Tchalla is the story ... and that might not change. But it theoretically can ... again, that's up to Coogler. Thor was the story of the Thor movies ... until it became about Jane.

Though it's probably fair to point out that Thor isn't dead ... Jane taking center stage doesn't necessarily mean Thor can't still be around. Maybe people can have their cake and eat it too. Maybe.
    I can't take Thor seriously. He's become somewhat of a joke since EG. Sure, he had his comedic moments from the start but that whole hippy fat thing...nah. They can do whatever they like with Thor, he's become somewhat inconsequential to me BUT T'Challa is a very different case. I do care and the character and his world need to be given the appropriate respect, care and treatment and that means ensuring T'Challa is at tge forefront. But luke you said, Marvel will tell whatever story they want and if there's no T'Challa; I'm 100% out.

On a purely personal level as a fan, I would prefer pretty much ANY character I like getting a TV show over a movie. What you lack in budget and special effects, you more than make up for in sheer volume of content.

I don't know how many hours of programming the Disney plus shows will offer, but the Net Flixs shows for example gave 13 episodes per season. That's the equivalent of half a dozen movies, and really offers the time and space to really flesh out the characters (villains in particular... Net Flixs villians put most of the MCU villains to shame as far as development goes).

Of course a movie is a bigger deal that offers far more exposure than any tv show... but as a fan at least, I prefer getting more quantity provided the quality is up to par.
    Generally I'm with you. Some characters are great for film, the ones who's mythos are *so* big and crazy a tv budget can't handle it. Someone like Green Lantern or Doctor Strange; you *can* do a show with them but a movie is a better showcase. But for a lot of characters I'll take a show, every time, hands down.

While that's potentially true, it's also pretty easy to ignore if you want to. I'm sort of assuming all the movies for the most part are going to ignore the consequences of the snap and just move on like nothing happened. Though if any movie were to be an exception it might be BP.
    Well, in Spidey we saw a fair amount of crap and garbage still littered around street corners and there was a bit of talk about people being displaced, but I think the assumption is supposed to be that after everyone comes back from the Snap, the world gets put back together fairly quickly. I'm sure there's still tons of problems in politics and stuff, but what we see on the screen will largely be a world where 3.5 billion people came back and they all need jobs, so stuff is gonna get cleaned up and fixed pretty fast. It's sweeping the Snap under the rug and ignoring all the damage and potential stories that could be pulled from it, but the MCU does this sorta thing all the damn time.

As far as Wakanda goes, I imagine the nation likely dealt with the Snap better than most. They've got better resources and tech, and are a insular economy without a dependency on export/imports and the world stage. Certainly there were problems, but Wakanda would've been well positioned to adjust and deal with half their population being gone, in theory. But it boils down to what happened with the throne; they had just gone through a succession crisis, the border tribe was in shambles and T'Challa was just starting to open up relations with other countries. This was probably the weakest Wakanda has been in centuries (maybe ever) and the worst possible time for the Snap to happen. But with solid leadership the nation could have weathered the storm better than most.....it just depends on how they handled T'Challa being gone and how much stability the interim ruler could establish.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-30-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    When he throws the daggers, I find it kind of corny and the visual isn’t as good. But in this book they found a more creative way to reveal the dagger, weaponize it, and make it look useful.
    I actually think this may be my problem with the daggers sometimes. My issue has always been how they were visualised across different artists in the comics and across different media. Sometimes they're either intangible energy bolts that seem to come out of nowhere, or they were metal daggers that were powered up with energy. It was just never clear how they worked or where they came from.

It's Hickman's New Avengers that first showed them popping out of his gloves mechanically like that but the artist for this issue kept them like that which honestly made it look more practical and cooler. And I liked how they cold just hang on his arms like that while he wasn't using them. Makes switching between them and the claws a lot more seamless.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I actually think this may be my problem with the daggers sometimes. My issue has always been how they were visualised across different artists in the comics and across different media. Sometimes they're either intangible energy bolts that seem to come out of nowhere, or they were metal daggers that were powered up with energy. It was just never clear how they worked or where they came from.

It's Hickman's New Avengers that first showed them popping out of his gloves mechanically like that but the artist for this issue kept them like that which honestly made it look more practical and cooler. And I liked how they cold just hang on his arms like that while he wasn't using them. Makes switching between them and the claws a lot more seamless.

yeah they were a cool addition and made a ton of sense. Perfect example of modifying the equipment.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

I'd honestly prefer that the daggers were just highly stylized intangible energy bolts. Just have it so the energy needed to create them was limited so T'Challa can't just span them. The connector between his wrist and claws is ok but it's honestly a bit funky to me. Plus I like what we've seen from other media where T'Challa can use his hands to elongate the daggers into staffs or longer blades, which he did a handful of occasions on EMH iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'd honestly prefer that the daggers were just highly stylized intangible energy bolts. Just have it so the energy needed to create them was limited so T'Challa can't just span them. The connector between his wrist and claws is ok but it's honestly a bit funky to me. Plus I like what we've seen from other media where T'Challa can use his hands to elongate the daggers into staffs or longer blades, which he did a handful of occasions on EMH iirc.
    I think actual energy daggers as opposed to physical ones are better. They're less redundent. Don't need physical daggers when you have claws ... it's like giving Wolverine a knife. Wolverine does not need a knife.

i love the elongated staff on occassion

i still think these daggers from the arms can be energy based. They do appear out of his suit randomly. IT just gives an explanation on where the F they come from instead of magic lol

Suit arbsorbs the energy, suit makes the energy daggers out of it is my fan theory now lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

yeah they were a cool addition and made a ton of sense. Perfect example of modifying the equipment.
    Yea exactly what I was talking about.

(God do I hate that 'fight' though lol)

I'm not too sure I like the idea of them being intangible. I think it feels less like part of T'Challa's theme as a superhero. Energy bolts feels more like a superpower (like Psylocke or Dagger) and less like the weapons used by African tech genius warrior king. And since the suit works on absorbing and redirecting kinetic energy I don't think it makes sense for the suit to create them, since as long as I can remember energy daggers are capable of cutting and burning things, as well as destabilising energy fields. Kinetic energy doesn't do that.

The EMH looks cool but I think it works in that kind of cartoony medium. You don't really need to explain how stuff like that works.

this recent T'challa vs MK is what a real fight between T'challa and a Batman Copycat would look like

aka I dont have time to kill you lol

Hell, I think MK actually has powers though (this time, i honestly can't keep track of his powerset between different writers lol). So even worse.

Mighty Member

Why do u hate that fight in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Why do u hate that fight in the pic.
    That dude was the "batman" fo the great society

aka... T'challa should have wrecked him. T'challa is Batman on steroids... literally and figuratively lol.

The fight was way too even.